shape
carat
color
clarity

Cable Companies: RCN vs Comcast

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone ever heard or used RCN? I have only ever used Comcast but their rates are increasing and we are having issues with their service and want to switch to RCN. Does anyone have any opinions about RCN? They are so much cheaper and include a lot in the month rate.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
We used to have RCN. We got it when we moved to NYC for their Russian programming.
Kept it for about two years then moved and had to switch to Cablevision.
From what I can remember they were quite good and we were upset about having to switch (RCN didn't provide service to our new building and Cablevision was the only digital choice).

If the price is right, you've got nothing to lose, especially if you don't sign a contract!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
No experience w/RCN, but if you ever have a choice DON"T go with Time Warner! Cablevision in Conn. gave us no problems but it's not available here in NC. T-W is AWFUL. Cheesy equipment, unreliable, crummy customer service. Tried satellite, too many trees for good reception. I can't WAIT to move where there's a better company!

--- Laurie

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No experience either with RCN but we have Comcast in NJ and Cablevision in NYC and I am about to switch to FIOS (became available in our area in NY a number of months ago but so lazy to switch that I have been procrastinating) as I hate Cablevision!! I cannot say much about Comcast yet though as we have only had it since March and it is at our part time house but I wish we could get FIOS there as well as everyone who I have spoken to seems to love FIOS.

Can you search reviews online of RCN? When I was having huge issues with Cablevision almost 2 years ago I did an online search and man were there a lot of dissatisfied Cablevision customers!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
jlp86|1322270504|3068885 said:
Has anyone ever heard or used RCN? I have only ever used Comcast but their rates are increasing and we are having issues with their service and want to switch to RCN. Does anyone have any opinions about RCN? They are so much cheaper and include a lot in the month rate.

We have Comcast, and when I got the bill with the higher rates last month, I called up and complained. The guy on the phone said, "All I can do is give you $10 off per month for the next 6 months." I took it, and plan to call back again in 6 months to see what the latest discount Comcast will allow their telephone call center to give out.

I know it's not much, but every little bit helps.

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for everyone's responses! We wound up going with RCN because of their price and so far it has been good. We are happy to get rid of Comcast because we have had many issues with their service.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results