shape
carat
color
clarity

Cabbage Soup Diet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dendon

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone tried this diet? Want to lose some weight and someone recommended it. Would appreciate opinions or comments. Thanks!!!

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock

Oh man.. I tried this one years ago, when it did the rounds in England.

It seemed like a good idea at the time...

If you manage to last the full seven days I will be truly impressed. I think I didn''t make it beyond the banana day.

I honestly think these ''quick-fix'' type diets are best avoided (and I have gained and lost 3.5 stone in the past!).

My sister tried the Lighter Life, very low calorie diet and lost 3.5 stone herself in about three months and looked great. She lost loads of hair afterwards, as her body went into shock from living on 500 calories a day. She''s now put it all back on again...

I doubt it will harm you to try it if you want to - but be prepared for some unpleasant side efects from all that fibre! :)

x x x

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I worked with a woman who tried it years ago; it gave her lots of digestive problems and the rest of the employees trouble whenever they needed to use the only staff restroom.

I would not recommend any sort of diet for losing weight, there is no magic pill or quick-fix solution, it''s all about lifestyle change. Eat lots of fruits and veggies, protiens, complex carbs. Eat less simple sugars and empty calories. Monitor your intake. And move. It''s tried and true, it just takes patience and practice.

Lynnchee

Shiny_Rock
Ditto. I had a friend who tried this diet with her daughter. Their house smelled funny that month. They both also had some digestive problems during the diet. They both did lose the weight, but they said that the diet was VERY unsatisfying. After the cabbage soup diet, they both gained most of the weight back. I''m assuming that the digestive problems and the weight gain afterwards was due to the drastic change in diet without a prior preparation.

If you''re going to do a diet like that, I suggest you speak with a professional (doctor, dietician) about how to best prepare your body for such a diet. Most doctors would like you to do a body cleanse before starting a diet regimen. Those are my thoughts.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
* quick threadjack*

CLEO!!! I missed you!!!
35.gif

Anyway, * clears throat* I did this diet 10 years ago, I lasted about a day and a quarter which I think might have been soup and roast beef or bananas. I was literally retching and gagging, I couldn't bear it
emotion-41.gif

I didn't lose anyweight as I couldn't stand it, maybe a lifestyle change with a balanced eating plan with keeping track of calories might be a better way for you to lose some weight, along with some exercise?

dendon

Shiny_Rock
OK, lasted half a day. Had it 1st day for lunch, went home and looked at as I was supposed to have it for dinner and couldn''t. Oh well, so much for my willpower!!!!
14.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2008 11:57:42 AM
Author: dendon
OK, lasted half a day. Had it 1st day for lunch, went home and looked at as I was supposed to have it for dinner and couldn't. Oh well, so much for my willpower!!!!
14.gif
* splutter*, join the club!
9.gif
Personally I think it is the most revolting diet ever...
emotion-41.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Blech Ive never tried it but I can only imagine what it would do to my digestive track if you know what I mean. These quick plans are never a good idea for a long term healthy lifestyle.

I have to plug it because I love it so much: the book Body for Life by Bill Phillips. I'm not using his exercise regime & I dont use his supplements but I just love his writing style. I find him very motivational & his balanced eating plan easy to follow.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I just recommended the book "Eat to Live" by Joel Furhman(?) to my mother. She has lost 25 lbs since early April without exercise. Only loss or stabilization, but no gains. She is still losing. She says it''s tough for the first few weeks (as are most diets), but she is now able to come off of cholestorol meds, and is not pre-diabetic! Her numbers are FANTASTIC, and her doctor was SUPER impressed at her last check up (2 weeks ago). My mom says she feels great, and calls me to brag all of the time about her clothes falling off :) She is aiming to have 35-40 lbs off by the end of the summer, and I fully expect that she will!

If nothing else, the book is a good food for thought read about health and diet. I learned a lot. I did it for a short while and was losing weight pretty quicky (no it is NOT a fad diet, but it claims you will lose 20lbs in the first 6 weeks, and my mom DID). I didn''t find it very hard to do, but I stopped doing it because I was too lazy about going to the store
38.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Cabbage Soup Diet = The Starvation Diet

My mom let me try it in junior high. Let''s just say that was bad parenting.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2008 10:59:29 AM
Author: Elmorton
Cabbage Soup Diet = The Starvation Diet

My mom let me try it in junior high. Let''s just say that was bad parenting.
Elmorton - how long did you last on that fad diet? maybe it wasnt bad parenting after all ..
25.gif

I thought about the cabbage soup diet too. but some how the cabbage always wound up in the corned beef stock. huh, weird. must have been the "not me" ghost :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results