shape
carat
color
clarity

BWW Weight Loss Thread: 2/8-2/14

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
New week ladies!!

mjso: Congrats on getting the week started right!! No upchucking is always a great feeling
9.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! Count me in. I have been letting my hectic schedule serve as my excuse for skipping the gym since the school year started again, and I have picked up about about 10 pounds as a result.

My short term goal: start keeping track of my food intake, make sure I am not overeating (and I suspect I am); get back in an exercise routine (starting with 30 Day Shred).

My long term goal: Be in the 120s again for alterations in June and stay that way, work on toning (I am generally good at the cardio but am terrible at the weight training). In general I just want to be at a healthy weight and keep my weight stable.

jkil0313

Rough_Rock
I am glad it is a new week!!! I feel more prepared than I did last week. The 30-Day Shred kicked my but (still going) unfortunately due to grad. school I can''t do it everyday, as today I work from 5:00-12 then commute and class from 1:30-8:00 followed by dinner and sleep. So I do my best.

Over the weekend we went on a hike through the battlefield near our apartment so it was productive. And I went shopping yesterday and lugged my stepdads birthday present throughout the mall as I window shopped...plus workout.

But goal this week is to workout 3-4 times and maintain healthy eating. Hope I don''t lose motivation...

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I am going to be good this week. Last week I had quite a few dinners/girls nights where I indulged a bit too much in food and drink and I am NOT going to let that happen this week. My goal for this week is to go to spin class today, workout with my trainer tomorrow, kickboxing wednesday, and toning class Saturday. It will happen! And I will eat healthy!!

angielea

Shiny_Rock
lets see, today is exactly 3 months to the wedding! time to kick it into high gear.

I''ve lost 14 pounds so far, I''m really hoping to pull off the last 9, and be at 145 for the wedding (I''m 5 10'') as that''s a good weight for me.

Goals for this week: workout at least 3 times, continue to eat healthy, drink my water, and avoid coffee and diet soda.

Wish me luck!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Good morning ladies!

Okay, so far so good. I had a really good breakfast (whole wheat/grain cereal w/ almond milk and some raw almonds mixed in). I plan on having soup for lunch (hoping no one will pressure me to eat at a restaurant!). Tonight it is fish for dinner.

Workout: Plan to go for a run with my FI and pup. It''s nice today so hopefully it won''t get too chilly.

Can I just say that yesterday was a gorgeous day in NY! We had 60 degree weather...it was fabulous.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Count me in!

I bought 30 day shred, haven''t started it yet (Had fun laughing at my FI who tried to do it with 15lb weights, even after I told him he should probably use my 5lb weights).

The FI and I are watching what we eat now. It''s fun doing it together.

Our wedding is in October. I don''t even want to go dress shopping because of my weight right now. I want to lose about 15-20 lbs before I even think of setting foot in a store.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 1:29:27 PM
Author: taovandel
Count me in!

I bought 30 day shred, haven''t started it yet (Had fun laughing at my FI who tried to do it with 15lb weights, even after I told him he should probably use my 5lb weights).

The FI and I are watching what we eat now. It''s fun doing it together.

Our wedding is in October. I don''t even want to go dress shopping because of my weight right now. I want to lose about 15-20 lbs before I even think of setting foot in a store.

Do you have any ideas about what designer you want to buy and how long their dress manufacturing time normally is? I''d hate to see you wait too long and be forced to pay a rush fee or be stuck with something you don''t really like because of time constraints. Better to get something now and then have it taken in later.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t work out yesterday so if I want to make my 5 day goal I better go every day during the week because my mother and friend will be here this weekend. Though I bet they wouldn''t care if I went to the gym for an hour on Saturday morning. That seems to be one of the best days for FI and I to go.

I will try the 30 Day Shred on my TV tomorrow night. Tonight I am dog sitting so gym it will be for me!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
So I went to the gym on Saturday (this is a BIG deal for me!!!) and all the treadmills were taken which freaked me out a little. I had to use the eliptical (sp?) which is usually way too hard for me and I won''t even attempt it. I had my MOH with me so I didn''t have an excuse! I was on the eliptical for 30 mins with no breaks!
9.gif
And we went again this morning. I tried the interval thing on the treadmill where you run for a little and walk for a little and repeat. It seems to be easier for me and they say it''s a better work out? We''ll see!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been doing some looking around to get ideas of what I want. Haven''t really decided on a designer.

I''m hoping to lose the weight---but if not, I''ll be happy with how I look and head to the stores. I''m going dress shopping in March/April (gives me 6 months)--whether I lose the weight or not--and I''ll just have the dress taken in as I continue to lose weight

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 2:32:38 PM
Author: taovandel
I''ve been doing some looking around to get ideas of what I want. Haven''t really decided on a designer.

I''m hoping to lose the weight---but if not, I''ll be happy with how I look and head to the stores. I''m going dress shopping in March/April (gives me 6 months)--whether I lose the weight or not--and I''ll just have the dress taken in as I continue to lose weight

That sounds like a plan! 6 months is what I was quoted for my dress to come in (a Marisa) and my friend who got a Paloma Blanca was quoted the same. That seems to be pretty standard.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Hello ladies!!!

Yay for a new year - and YAY for me for starting out on the right foot!

I finally got back into Body Step yesterday, although I was dreading the first class, as it''s always the hardest, I did quite well. Everytime I felt my energy draining, I imagined my gorgeous wedding gown and the look on DFs face when I float down the isle and it really helped my energy levels. I am feeling so great today. At this stage, it''s Body Step Mon Wed and Friday, and free weights and exercise bike/crosstrainer at home the other days.

Hope everyone has a great week! Try envisaging your wedding gown when working out, it can work wonders for your mindset!

mjso

Shiny_Rock
Day 3 of the 30 day shred complete!

or... 1/10 of the way done
3.gif

Not much difference between today and yesterday, but its all good

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
The week is off to a good start... Have 2 of my 4 workouts done... Goin'' for 5 this week :)

Ran for 20 minutes tonight, power-walked for 10, did some upper body stuff... Felt sick afterwards, not sure why
7.gif

QUESTION: Do any of you ladies have a good inner-thigh move? I don''t have any machines/equipment besides a yoga mat, free weights & cardio equipment... I know that ultimately I just need over-all fat loss to make the flab go away, but I feel like I haven''t even been able to strengthen those muscles. Suggestions?

Hope everyone else has a FABULOUS week!!!!!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
My personal victory of the week. I bought smaller pants. Woo

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 3:55:56 AM
Author: redfaerythinker
Yay!!! This is such a fabulous feeling! Keep up the good work!!!!
36.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Awesome!! What a great way to start the week!!

I am finally getting to my 5th day of 30-day shred today. What's crazy, is I can actaully "feel" that I haven't been working out. It's weird how these things can alter your moods. FI says I'm much happier when I'm working out
12.gif
That means it's time to get back to it.

I had so many things going on last week that I barely got anything done after Monday. So I have made a promise to myself, that no matter what is planned, it will come second to my video daily.

FI has been really good about his workouts. He has a trainer 3 days a week, but just couldn't shed any weight, so he's started running every day he doesn't go to them gym. He seems to be really slimming down. Yay for him!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Thats awesome!!
36.gif
36.gif
You should be proud of yourself.

Ugh I had a bad start to the week. I have a stupid conference paper due this morning and I hardly got anything done yesterday. I am hardcore procrastinating about it. I didn''t get to the gym last night because I was dog sitting. I am DEFINITELY going on my way home from work though. Thankfully the gym I will go to will is next to a Target. And you know what they will (hopefully) sell at Target? 30 DAY SHRED!!! I WILL come home with that DVD.

Good luck with your workouts this week everyone. I hope you all have better resolve than I do!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck angielea! Working out 3x this week sounds like a good short term goal. It sounds like you''ve made a lot of progress already.

katamari-no hiding behind excuses and being overly busy. I totally know this trick, and am just as guilty.

jkil0313Wow, you go girl. Seriously, you are on a roll.

Missy0483Way to make yourself show up at the gym in the first place, and even better to try out the eliptical. I actually like this better than treadmills. It is easier on the joints overall. Besides surviving it, did you enjoy it?

redfaerythinkerwoo hoo! That''s good proof that you are moving. Keep it up.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 9:32:19 AM
Author: Clairitek

Thats awesome!!
36.gif
36.gif

Ugh I had a bad start to the week. I have a stupid conference paper due this morning and I hardly got anything done yesterday. I am hardcore procrastinating about it. I didn''t get to the gym last night because I was dog sitting. I am DEFINITELY going on my way home from work though. Thankfully the gym I will go to will is next to a Target. And you know what they will (hopefully) sell at Target? 30 DAY SHRED!!! I WILL come home with that DVD.

Good luck with your workouts this week everyone. I hope you all have better resolve than I do!
Clairitek: I find it really hard to even get 30 minutes of workout in, if I feel that something else is more important, like your paper. I guess I feel alot like you, where it''s really hard to decide that "Fitness and Health" should come first. It doesn''t have to be a huge enduring hour and a half session at the gym. It can even be just 15 minutes in front of the television. At least the paper is over with after this morning!!

Is your FI out of town every week?

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
mayachel - I can''t say that I enjoyed it...because I thought I was gonna die the whole time but I kept pushing through because I kept repeating "wedding dress, wedding dress, wedding dress" in my head!! I''m telling you it works! The eliptical feels really awkward for me...maybe because I''m short and it just feels so overwelming when the lil pole things you hold on to feel like they''re taller than I am! Or maybe I''m making an excuse? I do better on the treadmill so I''ll probably stick to that. I want to be able to run longer without getting out of breath. That''s my goal for now. I haven''t lost any weight yet
7.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
FI and I went running yesterday after work. I sort of fell off a bit with the running, and was definitely feeling it in my lungs (couldn''t beat my best time...couldn''t even come close actually
39.gif
) BUT like FI told me, "Money in the bank, is money in the bank," so I''m glad we went out (we did two miles).

This morning I was going to do the video but I didn''t wake up early enough. Which of you ladies does the 30-Day Shred in the morning? Do you find it easier to do before your day starts or harder? I have such a hard time working out in the morning, but when I do it, I feel amazing (and accomplished) for the rest of the day. I''m going to try to do it tomorrow morning.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
It''s definitely easier for me to workout in the morning. I have an hour drive after work and I get home around 6pm and FI usually has dinner ready when I get home from work so I don''t want to miss that time with him. I know I would never make it after dinner because once I''m home, I''m home!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi!

I just started 30 day shred last night (again-got the video 8 months ago), you all have inspired me, so thanks! My wedding is May 2, in Maui, so I want a beach bod :)

I didn''t use any weights, and I felt fine during the video but today my legs are a little sore. When I walked upstairs after the workout, my legs turned to jello and I almost fell, it looked pretty funny!

I have some questions about the 30 day shred:

-Is it supposed to be done every day for 30 days? I thought it was always good to rest your muscles a bit (1 or 2 days off/week)?
-Does anyone know where to find the meal program that goes with it?

Thanks!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 9:54:54 AM
Author: meresal

Thats awesome!!
36.gif
36.gif

Clairitek: I find it really hard to even get 30 minutes of workout in, if I feel that something else is more important, like your paper. I guess I feel alot like you, where it''s really hard to decide that ''Fitness and Health'' should come first. It doesn''t have to be a huge enduring hour and a half session at the gym. It can even be just 15 minutes in front of the television. At least the paper is over with after this morning!!

Nope. Just this one and last week (oh yeah, and three weeks ago as well). This isn''t typical. Just so happens that the project hes on requires his presence. Normally he just works from the office near our house. Who knows though. He might have to go for a third week next week, which would SUCK so much. I am not counting on him being around though.

I WILL go to the gym on my way home though. Hold me to it!

angielea

Shiny_Rock
Well, so far, kind of good. Worked out Sunday (according to spark people that''s the beginning of my week) and walked home yesterday from work (1.5 miles gradual upward hill)

So not the best, but its a start. I didn''t eat very well yesterday though. I had a beer and toast with nutella as a snack, and I definitely didn''t burn enough calories to deserve that on top of my regular meals..

Oh well. Today is another day. :) I brought my own salad for lunch, so I hope to be in my calorie range today ( 1200 to 1500). And will work out a bit extra to counter act yesterday.

In other news, my pants are literally falling off. As in, I have to walk with my hands on my pant loops, otherwise I''m flashing the world. Exciting and embarassing all at the same time.

jkil0313

Rough_Rock
WOW! it is great to see everyone''s achievements. Well, today is another hectic day for me. Work from 5-2:00 then class but I won''t get home tonight until close to 11:00pm. So no workout today, unless you count lugging my huge bookbag around campus in which case, weight lifting today :)

So I am trying to maintain eating healthy today since I can''t workout. Oatmeal for breakfast, I had a lean cuisine for lunch as usual, and for dinner a small Tupperware of pasta and snacks to get me through the long night (healthy though, a clif bar, some pretzels).

Let to workouts begin tomorrow!

Bex215

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 10:03:03 AM
Author: Bia
FI and I went running yesterday after work. I sort of fell off a bit with the running, and was definitely feeling it in my lungs (couldn''t beat my best time...couldn''t even come close actually
39.gif
) BUT like FI told me, ''Money in the bank, is money in the bank,'' so I''m glad we went out (we did two miles).

This morning I was going to do the video but I didn''t wake up early enough. Which of you ladies does the 30-Day Shred in the morning? Do you find it easier to do before your day starts or harder? I have such a hard time working out in the morning, but when I do it, I feel amazing (and accomplished) for the rest of the day. I''m going to try to do it tomorrow morning.

Hey Bia,
I HATE working out in the mornings, I just have the most awful time trying to get out of my nice warm bed. BUUUT, I have been using the Body Bugg for several months now (it tracks how many calories I burn throughout the day) and if its any motivation, I burn a LOT more calories in a day when I work out in the morning. For example, if I work out in the AM, I will have burned about 1300 calories by lunch, and well over 2500 by the end of the day. If I work out later in the day, I will have burned about 1000 calories by lunch and maybe 2200 calories by the end of the day. Basically when you start out with a workout, your body keeps burning at a higher rate all day long.
That''s my motivation for getting my butt out of bed. Oh, and also just to have it done and out of the way so I can have my nights free!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 11:11:26 AM

Date: 2/10/2009 9:54:54 AM
Author: meresal

Thats awesome!!
36.gif
36.gif

Clairitek: I find it really hard to even get 30 minutes of workout in, if I feel that something else is more important, like your paper. I guess I feel alot like you, where it''s really hard to decide that ''Fitness and Health'' should come first. It doesn''t have to be a huge enduring hour and a half session at the gym. It can even be just 15 minutes in front of the television. At least the paper is over with after this morning!!

Nope. Just this one and last week (oh yeah, and three weeks ago as well). This isn''t typical. Just so happens that the project hes on requires his presence. Normally he just works from the office near our house. Who knows though. He might have to go for a third week next week, which would SUCK so much. I am not counting on him being around though.

I WILL go to the gym on my way home though. Hold me to it!
Just finished my first workout since Thursday... you better be at the gym!!
9.gif

Ok, so I''ve been doing the 30day shred for a week now. 4 days last week, and just finished my fifth day (fist of this week). Yes I can feel that my endurance is getting better, but I noticed tonight while stretching afterwards, that I am getting a LOT of my flexibility back!! Today was my first day with 3lb weights, and I did pretty well. The anterior raises are always something I have had problems with, so it was difficult to keep form in those the whole time. I''m going to see how my arms feel tomorrow, and if they aren''t bad, then I''m going to move up the Level 2.

ps: Thanks to whoever mentioned the tip on using Comcast, I don''t have to stand by the tv pressing FFWD to get to the actual workout anymore. The dvd has a ton of lead-ins.

Bia: I love working out in the mornings. It really feels like I start the day on a better foot. I also used to notice that if I''ve had a hard day at work, I try to fit a second session in afterwards just to work off some steam. Bonus! I''m going to try really hard to do my 30-day Shred in the mornings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results