shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Soon - Please help me to decide !

scottycz

Rough_Rock
I am considering buy this one soon,

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/F-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1287705.asp

It is a .72 carat, eye clean, VS2, F color, AGS 000 cut with an HCA score of 1.5.

It looks really nice to me. My only concern is the black crystal in the middle of the table. I have asked the representaive to check and according to them , "The diamond just went through a gemologist inspection, where it was deemed to face up icy white and be completely eye clean (eye clean is from 8-10" away from the top only - the gemologists will not grade eye cleanliness from the sides or bottom of the diamond, and will only judge from 8-10" away)! "

But the crystal looks really annoying and obvious in the virtual iamge, as well as in the idealscope image and light performance map in the report. I have checked the images of many SI diamonds and did not find such obvious inclusions. Is it normal to have a clusion so easy to be found in a VS2 diamond?

can anyone give me some opinions? thank you so much!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
well...is it important to you that the diamond is eye-clean from closer?

you can always purchase it and take advantage of the 60 day return policy?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
A VS2 of that size is most likely eye clean to more strict standards than JS is willing to promise (hilarious they started being so clear about their definiton of eye clean, they must be getting annoyed with PSers ;)) ). You cannot judge from the photos. If it bugs you perhas look for another VS2, or you can go for a non H&A and/or G color and go to VS1 to save some money.

scottycz

Rough_Rock
slg47 and Dreamer_D, thanks a lot for your reply.

As long as it is eye clean in normal range, it will be ok for me. What bugs me is that I did not see such obvious clusion from any other virtual images. I am not sure whether it is still normal for VS2 diamond or the image is misleading.

For the return, since I am not in US, I have to pay for the return delivery fee and the GST refunding will be quite troublsome. I try my best to avoid that.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
As I've posted before, my mother has a 1 ct GIA graded VS2 that isn't eye-clean from 8 inches away due to a small black inclusion right under the table. If I were you I'd pass on this and look for a stone without a dead-center black inclusion. Just my opinion.

scottycz

Rough_Rock
suchende, thank you very much for the opinon.

Besides, the difference between the maximum and minimum diameter of the diamond ( 5.71*5.79) seems quite large. any comments on that? thanks

druidtime

Rough_Rock
thats .08 difference which is around 1.4%.

or a 1 : 1.01(4) ratio.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way I would take a chance on this one since you are not in an easy position to return it. I wouldn't buy a diamond where they would not tell me if it is eyeclean from the sides except for VS1 and higher.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results