shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Online

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Yes. Women tend to be more visual, and men more tangible.. in that a woman can visualize something over the net... where a man likes to touch it and hold it.

I would sell the reports you''d get and the cost/ size difference benefits. Idealascope etc. Check out Rocky talk... they can really help too as far as dimensions go... which is stuff that almost NEVER gets brought up in stores... ESP chains.

Best wishes.. this is exciting!
36.gif

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
I can understand why he''d be hesitant. But there are extremely reputable jewelers that have actual B&M STORES that happen to sell their merchandise over the internet as well.. like you mentioned GOG.

Maybe if he got a chance to really see these places are reputable he''d change his mind?

Otherwise if he doesn''t want to budge may I recommend looking into Goldin Jewelers on Michigan Ave downtown..
I dunno how they are as far as cushions cause I''m personally in the market for a RB but I really had a great experience there. They''ve got really decent and fair prices as well - comparable to what you''d find on the internet. They may be able to get their hands on some cushions for you to look at if you give them certain specs you''re looking for...
It''s one of those by appt only places and they are kinda hidden on the 3rd floor of an office type building. They don''t stock jewelry cases or anything. It''s all in the back and they bring you specific stuff to look at. Really cool place with a modern feel.

They don''t have a website but you can find the map and phone # here if you want to look into it. http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3714305948

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I have to give props to Mark at ERD--my FI purchased my diamond and setting there!
30.gif

FI dealt exclusively with Mark and he said that he''s the best. He didn''t have to purchase online because we live in NY, but he''d do it in a heartbeat, knowing what he knows now. I don''t think you can go wrong with him, as he''s known as the go-to cushion guy.

GOG is also great from what FI told me. The only reason he never ended up meeting with them is because they are out on Long Island and he never got a chance.

Both vendors highly recommended though. Good luck, and welcome!!!
35.gif

MrsPuppy

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the advice and welcome wishes, I just sent out an email to a vendor for a meeting on the 21st. I was pretty detailed on what I wanted, I hope that doesnt turn them off to helping!
28.gif

Thanks again!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hi MrsPuppy! I love your name! Since you''re in the Chicago area, have you checked out DimendScaasi? They''re also a PS vendor, I think and have their inventory on their website, but they also have a store in Chicago in Jewelers Row

Link

I was in there not long ago and was really really impressed with their knowledge and friendliness. Give them a call (Isaac was fantastic - super knowledgeable) and see what they have, and in the meantime take a look at their online inventory. Good compromise?
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results