shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying online vs. at Jared

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jonah80

Rough_Rock
Not sure if it helps but this site has that Tacori setting and offers 12 months 0% financing.

They have decent prices on diamonds as well. Just throwing it out there
1.gif

lovefinally

Rough_Rock
Hi Treasure43,
My boyfriend got my diamond online and we are going to get a setting from Jared because we like their warranty and I was worried about the smaller diamonds in settings falling out. If we got the setting online, then it wouldn''t be as easy to get those diamonds fixed. We shopped around a lot and just couldn''t find any better deal than buying the diamond online. Hope this helps!

sluke

Shiny_Rock
Hi Treasure43,
Congratulations! My then boyfriend, now husband was also hesistant to purchase a diamond online, this was back in 2003. I didn''t like any of the mall type diamonds so he agreed to look at Tiffany''s where he got some serious sticker shock. I''d researched, found whiteflash which has a 10 day return policy. In addition I told hubby i would get it immediated appraised locally to verify. He agreed, since i would be wearing it, i had to be happy with the purchased. I found a gorgeous expert collection 1.5 ct E color SI1 round. Hubby was pleased with the whole process with Whiteflash. Subsequently, hubby purchased my ACA eternity wedding band and just last week, i got some diamond hoops---all from Whiteflash. He got over any hesistation with online diamond/jewelry purchases.

Regarding the maintenance/repair: I get my ring checked locally at a jewely repair shop for free. I have my setting in white gold which I had to "re dip" once in the six years since i had it. it cost about $20 and an hour time. I insured the ring thru Jewelry Mutual.

Nothing against Jared.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 2:06:42 PM
Author: lovefinally
Hi Treasure43,
My boyfriend got my diamond online and we are going to get a setting from Jared because we like their warranty and I was worried about the smaller diamonds in settings falling out. If we got the setting online, then it wouldn''t be as easy to get those diamonds fixed. We shopped around a lot and just couldn''t find any better deal than buying the diamond online. Hope this helps!
Congrats Treasure on a diamond,, where did you get it from... more info
36.gif

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s not maintainence he''s worried about so much as what would happen if the diamond fell out and got lost. Or I fell and chipped the ring/ and or damaged the setting. I know we''d insure it, but does Jeweler''s Mutal insurance cover aganst things like this?

crease123

Rough_Rock
To Lovefinally,

Did you have your diamond set into the ring at Jared? Did they charge you extra? Sorry for the hijack.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 5:38:17 PM
Author: Treasure43
I think it''s not maintainence he''s worried about so much as what would happen if the diamond fell out and got lost. Or I fell and chipped the ring/ and or damaged the setting. I know we''d insure it, but does Jeweler''s Mutal insurance cover aganst things like this?

I don''t know about jewler''s mutual, but my ring is insured on my home owner''s policy and it covers everything. Theft, accidental loss, damage/breakage... Check with your home owner''s and see what they can do for you. The store where we got my ring doesn''t even do insurance policies, but it doesn''t matter because everything is covered anyways!!

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Actually I was wondering about if Jared charged to have a loose stone not from there set in one of their settings.

Maybe I should check into a homeowner''s policy and figure out exactly what is covered. I think hes worried that if something happens to the main diamond we''ll be out $5000 and have no diamond.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 6:15:38 PM
Actually I was wondering about if Jared charged to have a loose stone not from there set in one of their settings.

Maybe I should check into a homeowner''s policy and figure out exactly what is covered. I think hes worried that if something happens to the main diamond we''ll be out $5000 and have no diamond.

I bought my setting, including a new head for the ring (stone was to big for the current head) and the "lifetime" plan for sizing, plating, etc. and w/ tax. The setting was 250.00 and after everything was all said and done, it was 450.00. So, I''m not sure how that pans out, but we have 8.5% tax, the plan was ~50.00 or so, and the new head was probably at min. 50.00 or so. You can call them and ask. I dont recommend telling them your buying online because then you have to hear their stupid speil...which isnt any fun to listen to!

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Jewelers Mutual seems to have a pretty good policy that covers pretty much anything for less than $100 bucks a month.

ANyone have experience with them?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH TREASURES>>> I"M SO SORRY I posted incorrectly don''t know how to delete, I was mulittasking and looked at the Avatar and made a mistake with Lovefinally... so you''re still in the market for a diamond? oops.. goes to show not very good at mulitasking on computers! for me...
Date: 3/12/2009 5:15:41 PM
Author: dannyandterry

Date: 3/12/2009 2:06:42 PM
Author: lovefinally
Hi Treasure43,
Congrats Treasure on a diamond,, where did you get it from... more info
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 6:31:29 PM
Jewelers Mutual seems to have a pretty good policy that covers pretty much anything for less than $100 bucks a month.

ANyone have experience with them?
Do you mean $100 annually? I don''t know but before I went trough GemShield (touchstone ) I was about to go through Jewelers mutual.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Whoops, yeah I meant less than $100 a YEAR. It would depend on the total cost of the ring though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results