shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying From Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
I've been researching buying a Cartier watch from various vendors other than Cartier to save $$. I just saw that I can purchase this watch DIRECTLY from Amazon.

Do you think I risk getting a knock off?

Has anyone ever ordered a watch through Amazon?

Thanks!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
have you try Costco ? they do carry some Cartier watches.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire - Just checked their website and unfortunately they don''t have the watch. They surprisingly have some beautiful Pateks...$30k. Haha, better stay away!

Appreciate the idea though.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2006 2:23:00 AM
Author: Jo
Dancing Fire - Just checked their website and unfortunately they don''t have the watch. They surprisingly have some beautiful Pateks...$30k. Haha, better stay away!

go to your local store(s) they have different models in every store.

23.gif
they have Pateks ??? i better take a look .
31.gif

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
I bought a Prada scarf for my FI''s mom for Christmas, and i swear it''s fake.
29.gif
I called Amazon about it and they said it was real- but i still don''t believe them. I would be really careful!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2006 5:07:57 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

23.gif
31.gif
I think Costco must be slightly different in the US. Here in the UK Costco mainly stock groceries, electrical, clothing, etc.....stacked from floor to celing. Not really somewhere you would go to buy an expensive piece of jewellery.

DF...I don''t think Lorelei would want to receive her Patek watch in a grocery bag!
38.gif

Blod

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2006 12:55:16 PM
Author: blodthecat

23.gif
31.gif
I think Costco must be slightly different in the US. Here in the UK Costco mainly stock groceries, electrical, clothing, etc.....stacked from floor to celing. Not really somewhere you would go to buy an expensive piece of jewellery.

DF...I don''t think Lorelei would want to receive her Patek watch in a grocery bag!
38.gif

Blod
Blod
ha,ha. but too bad for her they don''t carry that model she had in mind.
28.gif

freckles127

Shiny_Rock
I would say that I trust most things bought from Amazon but keep in mind that they sell items from other third party sellers.. it says in detail where it ships from and which vendor it carries the item, therefore, it would depend on the reputation of that vendor.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
We haven''t had problems with anything we bought from Amazon yet. Our biggest purchase from them was a 46" LCD TV that we recently bought. It even came earlier than they estimated. So I wouldn''t worry about it if it''s being sold directly from amazon.com, but I agree freckles about the third party vendors.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all - I double checked and the item is DIRECTLY from Amazon, not third party. So I went ahead and placed the order. I''ll run it down to Cartier to check once received. If all is not AOK, Amazon has a good return policy.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2006 12:55:16 PM
Author: blodthecat

31.gif

38.gif

Blod
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
SACRILEGIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One needs the original box to keep on one''s dressing table
16.gif
DF when is my Patek Phillipe arriving? You know you PROMISED it to me
39.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/1/2006 3:38:35 AM
Author: Lorelei

6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

16.gif
39.gif
my Brit GF
35.gif

go to Bond St in London and pick one out. they have lots of high end watches there,just put it on my American Express card.
2.gif

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
The scarf i bought was directly from Amazon as well, not from a 3rd party vendor. I still buy stuff from Amazon, but i am much more careful now! I hope it works out for you.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2006 6:03:09 AM

Date: 7/1/2006 3:38:35 AM
Author: Lorelei

6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

16.gif
39.gif
my Brit GF
35.gif

go to Bond St in London and pick one out. they have lots of high end watches there,just put it on my American Express card.
2.gif
You guys crack me up, love the back and forth. It''s priceless.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee Miss Kaleigh, he can''t wiggle out of it now! I am off to London this morning, the chauffer should be arriving at any time now ( I charged him to your Amex too
41.gif
) to go and collect my watch! DF you are such a doll...kissy kissy mwah mwah
emlips.gif
emlove.gif
emlips.gif
emangel.gif
Cya later when I return!!!

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/1/2006 3:00:31 AM
Thanks all - I double checked and the item is DIRECTLY from Amazon, not third party. So I went ahead and placed the order. I''ll run it down to Cartier to check once received. If all is not AOK, Amazon has a good return policy.
A while back Amazon was selling the famous plaid Burberry umbrellas for really cheap, but the handle read "Burberry''s" instead of "Burberry London" as it is supposed to in Burberry stores. A friend actually called Burberry to ask whether it was authentic and Burberry said that they used to make umbrellas with "Burberry''s" printed on them but they haven''t for years. So the umbrella Amazon was selling was authentic, albeit discontinued. I generally trust things sold by Amazon, but I think any high end item sold at a significant discount is something to be wary of. Even if it is authentic, it might be an old model that may appear fake to a lot of people who either don''t remember the old model or were never aware of the old model.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for the feedback. The watch arrived yesterday with correct box and all. Looks beautiful!

However, I will run it in to Cartier tomorrow to double check. Stay tuned...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jo

Shiny_Rock
CourtHorn and eleguin - Thanks for the words of advice. Will be careful when ordering from Amazon.

Ran the watch down to Cartier today; they verified authenticity and adjusted the strap for me. Anyway, I am SO HAPPY. Attaching a photo...

Watch3Sm.jpg

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your new Cartier!

I LOVE the pink Roadster! That will definitely be my next watch! I want the Breast Cancer one with the ribbons.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
luckyhonu - Thanks! LOVE the watch. I was thinking of getting the BC ribbon design as it is limited edition and will become a collectors's item. However, couldn't get it at a discount.

Anyway, attaching one more shot with the "plum toile" fabric (but really neoprene)interchangeable band. I like the idea of the black alligator band too.

OtherBandSm.JPG

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Jo, it looks great, and I love the choice of bands.

Did Cartier give you any attitude about authenticating a watch you bought through another vendor? Did you tell them you bought it from Amazon?

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Kay - Thanks for the compliments. When I went to Cartier I actually said it was a gift (they probably would have been less than thrilled to hear the Amazon part).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results