clarity

Buy this peaceful, pleasant, calming CT house

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh my eyes cannot even focus on all that busyness. I could never live in that house.

BTW I thought the link was going to take me to the Amityville house or something like it knowing you kenny. :lol:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like I needed a trigger warning for that. :shifty:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whaaaaaa...?

It would be so satisfying to run through there with a blowtorch.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All that gingerbread molding gave me the willies

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a name for the stamping that was done in that kitchen? The squares? And don't anyone give me some snappy retort like "distasteful", please ;)) .

AGBF

kitcheninavonhouse.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The lunatic with the paint couldn't even leave the grand piano alone. :knockout:

Actually it looks like a beautiful location.
The building just needs a little something.

screen_shot_2016-10-15_at_8.png

screen_shot_2016-10-15_at_0.png

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this guy is an "artist" and this house is actually an "art project" that was listed originally at 1.4 million dollars. How hard his realtor laughed at that price is anyone's guess. It's like a fever dream in house form.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So i could'nt help but check out the chandeliers...... :lol:

Ive seen some ugly houses and this ranks top 5.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no fixing that house for less than the asking price. Those poor neighbors.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh - that was just painful to look at! The backyard gazebo could be easily salvaged, though...

AGBF|1476582860|4087564 said:
Is there a name for the stamping that was done in that kitchen? The squares? And don't anyone give me some snappy retort like "distasteful", please ;)) .

AGBF

It looks like there are a few pieces of embossed copper, and other panels that are faux finished (or, if they're actually copper, maybe etched) to look like embossed copper.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
FWIW, rebuilding the house probably wouldn't be that expensive. I would make a guess that this house is sitting on an alluvial geology which usually has very little impact on the slab of the house as the ground doesn't absorb water like basaltic clays do. So deep piers aren't needed to stop the slab from moving (they can add tens of thousands onto the price of building).

Also you may be able to dig a hole in the backyard and find gems like I did on the job once :lol: :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a terrifying haunted house type ride
Somehow all the rooms look creepy and small because of the crazy paint/decor. My eyes hurt.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Way to busy for my eyes, and I would strip everything and start again.

DK :shock:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
My eyes..they are burning... :knockout:. Art or not, it is a sad, poor house. I think, there would have been so much potential to beautiful home... :(sad

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually all I see is potential, I've renovated a number of houses, all mostly worst house best streets and by that I mean actually physically done things from drive a mini digger/forklift inside a house to help knock an internal brick wall down to replacing walls and painting and jack hammering up floors and so on, and have always made money out of them.

One persons disaster just needs someone with the skills to make it fashionable and updated - and even a really awful ugly duckling like this could be turned into a beautiful swan.... the house has good bones, mostly O.K floors and the rest although hideous is fixable.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would love to see what Tarek and Christina (HGTV) would say when they walked through this wreck. Seriously, what was in the
mind of the person who did all that??? Fabric wrapped stair railings??? Seriously??? :sick:

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The squiggly stuff all over looks like adhesive left behind from removing paneling. That house WOULD be a total "gut job". It's a shame, would've probably just have needed a little updating. I second my disappointment that they touched the grand piano. :hand: Ewwww sums it up for me regarding the whole house.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Like seriously, looks like a glue gun exploded all over the place in there

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the weirdest, creepiest house I have ever seen, that bizarre stenciling or whatever it is looks like blood splatter. And the strange curtains and weird stuff on the walls and ceilings, the crazy furniture - the only positive thing I can say about it is it would be a great set for a horror movie.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear God that is horrific. Kind of ironic that Avon is a very desirable town in CT. Just goes to show you money and good taste don't always go hand in hand!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vomitorium

I just cant......

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The "business" gave me the heebeejeebees and made my skin crawl as I scrolled through the pics. :errrr:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
:errrr: It's like a house of horror
When house-hunting once, I looked at a house that was similar in the sense that it made my head spin. It was sort of creepy-Victorian, with doll collections, silk flowers, pink carpet, floral wallpaper, lace doilies, etc.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I wonder how many people have inquired about it. :naughty: Can you imagine trying to keep a straight face (while showing it) if you were the listing agent? :doh:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Well, I'll be the first to say a couple nice things:

1) Colors used in the house are warm, and they all match.
2) Price on the beautiful property is pretty awesome. Great for someone who wants a complete teardown project.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results