shape
carat
color
clarity

Burnt 1/4 carat SI2/G diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mastercut

Shiny_Rock
Hello,
I have a diamond ring with a quater carat diamond ring. Certified by the Japan Gemological Service. However the diamond is very milky. I have tested it - it is a natural diamond, not a moissanite or another simultant.
I am going to check it with a G.G., but I am quite sure that it is a burnt diamond.
The question is - does this diamond have any value?
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Ivan

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ivan,

Your best bet is to take it to an appraiser, it could be a repolish will bring the diamond back to good condition - but I would take a pro's advice. It is possible the diamond could have some value and a repolish is all that is needed but this is speculation, I am not an expert so take it to someone who is. Do you know for sure it was burned and that it isn't milky or cloudy looking for other reasons such as being an industrial quality diamond in reality? What does the grading report say for colour, clarity, fluorescence etc?

mastercut

Shiny_Rock
Thank you.
Yes, I am absolutely sure that it is a SI2/G natural diamond. And at 99% sure that it is milky because it was burnt.
Clarity is SI2, colour is G an there is no fluorescence.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 10:20:57 AM
Author: mastercut
Thank you.
Yes, I am absolutely sure that it is a SI2/G natural diamond. And at 99% sure that it is milky because it was burnt.
Clarity is SI2, colour is G an there is no fluorescence.
Ok, then definitely worth getting a pro to take a look. After a repolish to bring it back to original condition IF that is possible, the value might not be much. But if you value it as it is a diamond and something can be done with it and it isn't too costly then why not!

I see one of our experts has logged in, they might have better advice for you!

mastercut

Shiny_Rock
Thank you. Actually I mean whether it has any value as it is (if theoreticaly someone would buy it)? I mean whether it is possible to say something like "if a normal diamond X has value Y, in case the diamond X become burnt it has value 1/2 Y or so..."?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 10:56:58 AM
Author: mastercut
Thank you. Actually I mean whether it has any value as it is (if theoreticaly someone would buy it)? I mean whether it is possible to say something like ''if a normal diamond X has value Y, in case the diamond X become burnt it has value 1/2 Y or so...''?
That I don''t know if a diamond in burned condition does have any value, I would presume so but the value on the secondary market would be low for that size, lab grade, colour and clarity anyway, without having one in non usable condition.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results