shape
carat
color
clarity

Bumpy nail polish?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I''ve used Neutrogena Instant Nail Enhancer to condition my nails. It definitely made my nails healthier, but you have to use it alone, no using nailpolish. Also, it would come off in the shower, which was quite annoying.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I have really dry, brittle weak nails because I am weening myself off of acrylics ( I swear I need like a rehab program for them!) I miss them!
11.gif

Anyhoo, I use Nail Techniques and it works great. Must wear directly on nail and you can apply polish over.

As you can see my stubby nails attached!

stubby nails.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2005 3:53:58 PM
Author: Stretch4
I''ve used Neutrogena Instant Nail Enhancer to condition my nails. It definitely made my nails healthier, but you have to use it alone, no using nailpolish. Also, it would come off in the shower, which was quite annoying.

Can''t do that. I am ADDICTED to nail polish. I hate my bare nails. I need to go to a 12 step program.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Tacori,

I use Seche Soft on my nails and cuticles. (made by the same company as Seche Vite Top Coat)

Here''s my regimen:

Remove all old polish
Wash hands with soap and dry thoroughly
Apply three drops of Seche Soft to the cuticles and nail beds, allow to soak in for 5 minutes
Using an orangewood stick, press back the cuticles and trim any hangnails with nippers
Apply Apricot Kernel Oil or Jojoba Oil to the cuticles and massage in
Wait about 10 minutes, then wash hands and nails with warm soapy water, dry

Apply OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
2 Coats of color
1 thick coat of Seche Vite Top Coat

I re-apply the oil to my cuticles everyday to keep them healthy

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I forgot to add that Seche Vite is most vital part of the manicure. I've never had bubbles when I use and it makes polish last ALL week. It is so shiny, too! (see picture)

nails.jpg

kasmom

Rough_Rock
Hi Giada,

Can you please share the name of the nail polish you are wearing. I so love that color
3.gif

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Hi Kasmom,

Sure! I''m wearing OPI "Bubble Bath" in that picture. I use it a lot, but sometimes it''s a bit too opaque.

I wear two other colors that are very similar, but a little more sheer.

Essie "Allure" is just about perfect! It is not pink, not too beige nor too white.

When I want a pinkish cast, I use Essie "Mademoiselle". It is a nice sheer milky pink, but it never streaks.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your nails look great! Actually following some advice (base coat and OPI nail color with fewer coats) my nails have looked great over the past year. I swear expensive nail polish IS worth it (thank you Mara!) I was actually in the mall last week and a girl at one of those stands (in the middle) that sells hand creams/nail stuff cornered me and asked about my nails (trying to sell me something). She said they looked fantastic and I didn''t even need her products (not that I wanted them in the first place.) but I thought it was so funny!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Oh, geez...

I didn''t notice the 2005 on that post. Sorry about that!

Using good, professional proudcts does make a big difference.

kasmom

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 4:13:37 PM
Author: Giada
Hi Kasmom,

Sure! I''m wearing OPI ''Bubble Bath'' in that picture. I use it a lot, but sometimes it''s a bit too opaque.

I wear two other colors that are very similar, but a little more sheer.

Essie ''Allure'' is just about perfect! It is not pink, not too beige nor too white.

When I want a pinkish cast, I use Essie ''Mademoiselle''. It is a nice sheer milky pink, but it never streaks.
Thanks for the quick response! The "Allure" sounds great also
1.gif
. I''ve got to get them this weekend ASAP. I already got the "Mademoiselle" that Mara gushed about in another tread and loving it.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
You''re welcome. I get a lot of compliments when I''m wearing "Allure". It''s nice b/c it''s sheer (just like "Mademoiselle"), but it is completely neutral. You will love it!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
I''m such a cheapskate I wouldn''t have believed it if I hadn''t tried it for myself, but after years of Sally Hansen I''m now totally addicted to Essie. Absolutely worth the price difference--and probably pays for itself by not having to re-do so often.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree Christa. I need to try Essie (I have been using OPI) also I feel like it last longer. I have only used a little over one bottle in a year and I paint my nails 2x a week!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Tacori,

I remember seeing pictures of your nails now! Very nice, indeed. You should definitely try the Essie "Allure" and "Mademoiselle" polishes. You have nice nails and the sheerness of these two colors would really show them off.

I wear "Bubble Bath" if I have a knick or white "bruise" on one of my nails to cover it up. It''s opaque and great for covering anything like that.

But, when the "bruise" grows out, I''m back to my sheers. They almost give the illusion of a really subtle French Manicure since the white will show through!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 5:04:25 PM
Author: Giada
Tacori,

I remember seeing pictures of your nails now! Very nice, indeed. You should definitely try the Essie ''Allure'' and ''Mademoiselle'' polishes. You have nice nails and the sheerness of these two colors would really show them off.

I wear ''Bubble Bath'' if I have a knick or white ''bruise'' on one of my nails to cover it up. It''s opaque and great for covering anything like that.

But, when the ''bruise'' grows out, I''m back to my sheers. They almost give the illusion of a really subtle French Manicure since the white will show through!

Thanks Giada. No worries about bumping up an old thread. Someone might find it helpful who was not a member then. I am very lucky that my nails grow fast and strong. For some reason I really love opaque colors (which is why I put on 2-3 coats)
19.gif
but maybe I should go outside my comfort range and try something more sheer. I feel like my nails have a light yellow tint b/c I ALWAYS wear polish (for the past 5 years at least) so they are slightly discolored. Next time I am somewhere with nice polishes I will check out "allure" and "mademoiselle". "Bubble Bath" sounds right up my alley! Right now I use "sweetheart" which is a nice light pink.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
You will really like "Bubble Bath" if you use "Sweet Heart" now. They are pretty similar, but it would be a nice, subtle change.

When I let my nails grow longer, I tend to like the sheerer Essie colors. When I'm in my "short nail" phase, I like "Bubble Bath".

I usually wear them long for about a month, get tired of them, so I chop them down (as in picture) and start over.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
The best natural/faint pink opaque nail colors are

OPI Bubble Bath (my absolute all time favorite)

and

Revlon Color Stay Always Camisole (this is really opaque). This one has the two bottles on one package -- the color & the clear and it really does last 10 days without chipping.

I''m like Mara, my polish always peels off, the Revlon doesn''t.

You do, however, need REAL acetone polish remover to get it off...but it''s widely available.

I wear OPI Nail Envy as a base & top coat if I''m doing OPI colors on my nails.

But now that I have a toddler, I''m lucky if anything gets on these puppies.

Jeannine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results