shape
carat
color
clarity

Bummed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
My dress was supposed to be coming in on the 13th. I just called the place today to confirm it and was told that the dress wouldn''t be in until the middle or end of March. My mom was flying in on the 13th so she could help me with my fitting. I really wanted her to be there when it came in and now that doesn''t look like it is going to happen. I know that doesn''t sound like a big deal but with things being the way they are we can''t afford for her to come back whenever the dress gets here. I shouldn''t be bummed but I totally am.
40.gif

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
I totally feel your pain, museikchik. I''m 2000 miles from my mom and had a minor freak out the other day because I want her to be at my first fitting but it''s not really feasible. Maybe your dress will get in early? Could you take pictures with your camera phone and email them to her as you go along? I''m considering doing that.

You probably don''t want solutions to the problem right now since you''re totally bummed out. I''m sorry it doesn''t look like it''ll work out to have your mom there. Hugs!

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 1:03:30 AM
Author: lovesparklies
I totally feel your pain, museikchik. I''m 2000 miles from my mom and had a minor freak out the other day because I want her to be at my first fitting but it''s not really feasible. Maybe your dress will get in early? Could you take pictures with your camera phone and email them to her as you go along? I''m considering doing that.

You probably don''t want solutions to the problem right now since you''re totally bummed out. I''m sorry it doesn''t look like it''ll work out to have your mom there. Hugs!
I am hoping by some miracle the dress will come in early. I might do the camera phone thing, that is a good idea. Actually that is a great idea, I hadn''t even thought of that before. I was too busy feeling sorry for myself can you tell? Thanks for the hug.
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwww...thats awful. I''m sorry. I hope that the dress gets here early so she can be there. I''ll keep my fingers crossed!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 12:56:06 AM
Author:museikchik
My dress was supposed to be coming in on the 13th. I just called the place today to confirm it and was told that the dress wouldn''t be in until the middle or end of March. My mom was flying in on the 13th so she could help me with my fitting. I really wanted her to be there when it came in and now that doesn''t look like it is going to happen. I know that doesn''t sound like a big deal but with things being the way they are we can''t afford for her to come back whenever the dress gets here. I shouldn''t be bummed but I totally am.
40.gif

Aw oh no! I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you that the dress comes in earlier!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man, I totally, 100% feel your pain.

My mom hasn''t seen me in my dress yet!

She was supposed to come shopping with my best friends and I, but she had such a terrible virus that weekend she wasn''t even really able to get out of bed and I had to go shopping without her. I was convinced I wouldn''t find THE DRESS on that trip, but I did. I had to send cell phone pics and try to convince her it wasn''t insane that I wanted to spend that much money on a dress she had never seen... It was really hard on me.

So the fittings are going to be strictly mother/daughter time, but still.

I hope it works out for you... maybe if you express to them that your mother is traveling to make the date that THEY GAVE YOU they can rush completion and shipping? It may be worth a shot!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
7.gif
that would bum me out to, it is hard when the important females in your family are so far away.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry museikchick. It''s hard to be far away from your mom while planning a wedding. Is there any way she can change her flight to come in at the end of March? That way even if the dress arrives early you can make a later fitting appointment.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I know your pain... I am 1500 miles away from friends and family. I had to look for my dress, try it on, buy THE dress, and do all of my fittings... ALONE. If any good news... I needed final emergency alterations the week of my wedding.... and my mom and one of my BFFS got to be there... and it made up for it all... in that one fitting.

So maybe... you'll have the experience afterall. I WILL SEND LOADS OF DUST THAT YOU WILL GET THE EXPERIENCE NEXT WEEK! ********************

ETA: The big T has a good idea... a lot of flights will let you change... and sometimes for free, or just a small fee.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results