shape
carat
color
clarity

Bummed about my wedding pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
I need some sense slapped into me. I''ve had some time to look at my wedding pics, and look at everybody else''s pics, and I have to say I''m disappointed. Everybody has interesting, unique shots, that are quite lovely, and mine seem so uninspired. They aren''t bad, they are just bland. And I can''t seem to find "the shot," the one I want on the wall. I don''t really love any of them, especially the ones with my husband. Is this just post wedding let down? Do I need to just put them away for a month and revisit it? Did anybody else feel this way?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m probably not the best person to give you advice since my hubby and I eloped in Las Vegas (you should see OUR shots--taken by total strangers on the fly, LOL!) but let me throw out a wacky idea. What if you and the hubby got dressed up again and had some shots taken of just the two of you? Go to some interesting places and have more pics taken. And even though they won''t be from *the wedding* they could be even more special becuase it will just be all about you two. My hubby and I keep threatening to put our wedding clothes on again (even though it''s been 7 years... ) and go up to the botanical gardens and have photos taken with all the flowers.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no.
I cannot tell you how much I worry about this!
That is really too bad.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear you aren''t happy with your photos. My wedding photos came out pretty bad. The photographer sent (not the one I interviewed) was having a personal crisis and couldn''t concentrate, then left early. He didn''t show up with the right equipment and took lousy unprofessional shots. Yours don''t sound that bad.

But if you don''t like your photos definitly consider finding a lovely outdoor garden or weddingish environment, dressing again and getting some beautiful shots of you and your husband. I wish I did that because in the end I don''t care that much about how my attendents or family looked, but what I really miss are some nice photos of me and my husband. And it wouldn''t matter at all if they were taken 4 weeks after the event. You will have them for a lifetime. You will be much more relaxed, have your photgrapher''s full attention and be in a private setting. You might consider picking a portrait photgrapher instead of a wedding photographer. They sometimes specialize and have different equipment. Good luck!

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
I think that''s a good idea, and we may do that. I have my dress and DH can rent a tux again, it''s not that expensive. It''s not that there aren''t good photos; they just aren''t great of us! I posted one in the gallery awhile ago, and we look nice, but if you look close my neck is all twisted and has lines, and that''s how they are, they aren''t BAD, they just don''t make me go, "WOW!" Plus, neither of us are terribly photogenic; that may be part of the problem too, we need somebody who will help us look our best.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results