shape
carat
color
clarity

Bullet shaped gemstones

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I'd show you 3 rings I made yesterday. The top two incorporate Amethyst bullet shaped gemstones and the bottom one has a Garnet (which is more red in real life than the photo shows).

I love this shape gemstone as it gives so many design possibilities.

The top two were designed with a castle in mind and my friend has said they look Medieval - so hopefully I've fulfilled my own brief!

The bottom ring I wanted to have an industrial / modern art look to it.

I hope you don't mind me showing them to you.

silver_bullet_rings_montage2.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, these are awesome! I've always wanted to make jewelry, but never had any clue how to start. Do you take classes, or have your own studio? I love the etching, and agree the bullet shaped gemstone is really cool and unique!
:clap:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1445788451|3941951 said:
Wow, these are awesome! I've always wanted to make jewelry, but never had any clue how to start. Do you take classes, or have your own studio? I love the etching, and agree the bullet shaped gemstone is really cool and unique!
:clap:

I've just started to teach workshops in the UK. My work has really only been for me to wear but it's been featured in a few magazines and I was asked to demonstrate recently at a big bead show. I'm enjoying it and it's a nice past-time for me!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LIKE!
These pieces look great, love the textures and shapes!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the look of them, however, they are way too high for my liking as rings.

DK :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD: is this still done with PMC, or are you now working directly with metal fabrication? I love how strong your design vision is and how well the stone integrates with the ring design. I would love to see them modeled.

Okay, now I'm going to date myself, but the middle ring looks like it might come from Remulak, France! :lol:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Those are great!! They do look like PMC. I used to play around with it a few years ago-fun stuff

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful rings LD. :appl:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind words.

Yes, the rings are made from metal clay - which end up as 99.9% silver (so hallmarked 999 instead of 925 like Sterling silver).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results