shape
carat
color
clarity

budget panic--can you relate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
i saw musey's post on budget woes..and it is something i can definitely relate to.
i started off wanting a chill, low key wedding. Something classy but wouldn't break the bank. I was ok with us contributing, and am lucky to have my folks willing to take care of 1/2-2/3rds of the costs within our firm budget. i have cut a lot of corners to cut costs.

as things become clearer, and I'm sure everyone relates--costs are starting to grow as things get added on (tax, gratuities, odds and ends). as a result, I'm starting to feel so guilty and panic! I'm starting to pick up more of the tab since I don't want to burden my parents more and I don't want to make my FI freak out (he already doesn't understand why this is costing so much).
also, my fi and i are in our 30's, so have plans to buy a house (furnish it) and maybe (fingers crossed) start a family. so i know there are big expenses coming up soon or even immediately after the wedding. all the sudden the wedding is seeming not as important, but everything is underway, and i just wish i had another source of income! anyway, just a vent. it's amazing how as an outsider (when i was a non-bride) it seemed so simple, but now that i'm in it, i get why it is stressful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results