shape
carat
color
clarity

Bruce Boone - our titanium odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
I found the kind of wedding ring I wanted -- two outer bands of smooth high polish and an inner band with a hammered finish. The first version I found was at BN, listed at $1200, found another at BB&B ($don't ask). I was a little partial to platinum as a result of the process of securing my fiancee's e-ring, but I couldn't stomach the thought of paying that kind of money. Then, I found Bruce Boone of http://www.boonerings.com, who had some nice mentions here on Pricescope. After a couple of emails, he was confident he could make what I was looking for even though it wasn't specifically listed as an example on his site. My fiancee was concerned about titanium because the titanium rings we had seen in stores were all that dark, gunmetal color. When I discovered Bruce's workshop was nearby, I called him up and got the ok to come by and have a look in person with my fiancee.

Let me tell you his website photos are on the money. He speculated that the darker titanium rings must simply be a different quality of titanium. We loved looking at the samples he showed us and decided to order the ring right there. Then, he asked us if we wanted to watch! We were a little surprised..."You mean now?". "Sure!"

We went to Bruce's workshop and got quite an education. We really enjoyed talking to Bruce about his art, and he showed us at least one example of just about everything you can find on his site. We got to see my ring made, start to finish. He puts a lot of work into each one of his creations, and keeps very high standards. What follows is the photo journal of that process.

If you find something similar to what you want at Boone Rings, I'd encourage you to contact him and see what he can do. We love the ring and the education!

raw titanium bolt.jpg

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
Halfway through cutting out the ring from the raw bolt

lathe cut.jpg

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
detail for the grooves

groovy detail.jpg

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
the hammer detail. where's the machine that does this?

hammer detail.jpg

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
almost there...

rough finish.jpg

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
a little engraving...

engraving.jpg

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
all polished up. the finished product

shiny results.jpg

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
and just so you know...titanium isn't nearly as impossible to cut as people seem to think. BTW, that is not my ring

cutting titanium.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
This is the coolest thing ever. Thanks for sharing the story and photos. I love titanium. Thought about it for the old man. I'll have to check out Boone.
Must have been great to see the creation from start to finish.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
What an awesome experience to actually be able to watch your ring being "born!"

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
Thanks! We certainly thought it was cool! And I forgot one of the kickers...his rings cost a very low fraction of the platinum and about 1/3 of what it would've cost me in white gold!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for sharing your experience!!! Now I'm even more impatient to get my Boone ring
4.gif
Congrats on getting such a unique and beautifully crafted wedding band!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a great experience and nice pics too! Titanium is really becoming popular. My husband got a titanium bracelet a couple of years ago. He wears it so often, I just got him a titanium wedding band with 2 yellow gold inlays for our 18th anniversary. Now he has a few wedding bands that he trades off depending on his attire and activity. That sounds just like a woman doesn't it?
2.gif

DiamondLil

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great story!!! My husband has a tension set ring from Bruce and it's top notch. He gets compliments on it all the time, plus the service Bruce gives is excellent. Congrats and great looking ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results