shape
carat
color
clarity

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr winters back

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cold!
sux!
29.gif
29.gif
14.gif
39.gif

Who ordered the cold?
38.gif
38.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go and put a vest on!!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered it. HA! Go drink some hot chocolate! It''s a bit chilly here, too.

*M*

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 11:27:41 AM
Author:strmrdr
Cold!
sux!
29.gif
29.gif
14.gif
39.gif

Who ordered the cold?
38.gif
38.gif
I''ll be right over - giggle
31.gif
30.gif

It is -4F here this morning with a windchill of about -9 or so...
Baby...it''s cooooooooold outside!!!
23.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate the winter
8.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Over last few days it has been a lot colder than we are used to here in Vegas. 30''s during the day and low 20''s at night w/freeze warnings. Finally the temps are going back up slowly but surely. We had a pipe burst the other day which was a PITA. Actually, what was funny but not really funny is all the the pipes thay broke in my neighborhood and all over the valley. One plumbing company said they are backed up for 2 weeks & hardware stores are low or out on sprinkler/pipe parts. We were lucky that a friend was able to fix ours. Our neighbors pool pump or something broke and flooded the side of our house...oh the joys winter/global warming.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know I didn''t order it!!!!
11.gif
I know we have been spoiled and all, but seriously it''s just soooooooo cold!!! Guess I better get used to it.
20.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I''m sitting in my office and I''m toasty. Of course that''s because I finally broke down and brought in a nice warm oversized throw to the office and am currently wrapped up in it... plus I''m wearing a cashmere sweater (despite the fact that I''m allergic to cashmere) a long sleve cotton shirt and silk thermal underwear, wool socks and wool slacks. My office has a DRAFTY window and yesterday I was freezing from the moment I left the house to the moment I got back home at night-- wearing a similar outfit, but without the lovely warm throw.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Winter has def. made a comeback. i got used to the "balmy" january in nyc.
9.gif
well at least now i have an excuse to buy whipped cream and marshmallows!!!!
31.gif
hot cocoa baby!yeah!!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I''m just hoping this cold kills off all the bugs!

*M*

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
its been SO COLD here in california lately...seriously not loving it. greg keeps asking 'so why are we living here again? it's not for the fabulous weather?'...haha. this last weekend it was 22 at night...BRRR. i keep the house super warm though because it's not consistently heated (aka it says 76 but that is just upstairs in like 2 rooms and then the middle level is about 5-8 degrees colder and the lower level is FREEZING)....AND i still walk around in sweats and socks and 2 sweaters AND sit under the down throw on the couch at night. haha. plus i make sure portia is laying against me too since she's a total space heater.

also we have had almost nil for rain here...which means that come feb it will start raining and then keep raining til like april the same way it did last year and the year before. BAH. why can't it just be cold and rain at the same time so that we'll be done and april can be a true start for summer again the way it used to be when i was in high school? we'd wear shorts in early march. damn el nino.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s killed off a ton a trees out here... but unfortunately, I think bugs are hardier and can burrow deep into the ground to escape.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Hah! And it''s back with a vengeance! We had a huge snowstorm in Montreal on Monday!
36.gif
Wouldn''t be winter without snow! I''m happy.
5.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 2:13:41 PM
Author: Gypsy
Well, I''m sitting in my office and I''m toasty. Of course that''s because I finally broke down and brought in a nice warm oversized throw to the office and am currently wrapped up in it... plus I''m wearing a cashmere sweater (despite the fact that I''m allergic to cashmere) a long sleve cotton shirt and silk thermal underwear, wool socks and wool slacks. My office has a DRAFTY window and yesterday I was freezing from the moment I left the house to the moment I got back home at night-- wearing a similar outfit, but without the lovely warm throw.
Where have I been??? There''s silk thermal underwear???? I''ll have to throw away these sensible cheap cotton undies and do some research. I''m sure DH will approve
1.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I am with you all - do NOT like this cold weather and I am in No. California where it is half decent by US standards but well below decent for what we are used to.

My poor husband is on a business trip to Minneapolis and for the past 2 days the high was 12 degrees! Ackk! We had to go to REI Outdoor Store to buy all this special clothing so he could make this trip w/o frostbite. It talked to him last night and I guess our extra layers are working cause he is comfortable.

I really wonder how people manage out there. I am disliking it enuf here in CA.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Yea, it''s 20 degrees back in my hometown in Utah. It was so bad the other day that my grandma and aunt couldn''t even go outside! I guess winter is just coming really late this year or something.

*M*

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just came home to 30 degree weather after spending 2 weeks in Orlando where is was in the 70''s and 80''s. I think I''m a Florida girl at heart...

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 1:15:28 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I know I didn''t order it!!!!
11.gif
I know we have been spoiled and all, but seriously it''s just soooooooo cold!!! Guess I better get used to it.
20.gif
I know, that wonderful unseasonable warm weather really did spoil us! Man, I can''t wait for spring
39.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s definitely c-c-c-c-cold....but I would take this over boiling unbearable heat any day if only given those 2 options!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was a frigid 4 degrees this morning as I was leaving for work. Too cold to go outside for recess (I''m a teacher), and by the end of the day, we were all pulling our hair out from the kids being cooped up. The only positive thing I noticed today rearding the weather was how sparkly the ice-covered trees looked in the sunlight. Very pretty!

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
My pipes froze a couple times the past few days. Very annoying to wake up and not have any water.

A bunch of people here are from the Bay Area, so they''re not used to freezing weather. I''m from SoCal so I''m not used to anything below 60. Argh! And all the stores are out of the insulation to wrap the pipes.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
If you keep the water dripping a bit at night, the pipes won''t freeze.

*M*
Date: 1/17/2007 8:12:06 PM
Author: codex57
My pipes froze a couple times the past few days. Very annoying to wake up and not have any water.

A bunch of people here are from the Bay Area, so they''re not used to freezing weather. I''m from SoCal so I''m not used to anything below 60. Argh! And all the stores are out of the insulation to wrap the pipes.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
My car is stuck at my friends house, and my 2 year old and I had to walk home tonight...(good thing its a short 5 minute walk and we had snow boots & parkas on!) but we've got snow snow snow. Apparently the main surface roads melted, but once i got up the hill to their house, it became apparent there was NO WAY I was going to drive DOWN that hill to get home, too slick.

We never get "real" snow in the NW anymore, so it was a treat. I spent the last 2 days playing in the snow with my toddler and I'm so glad the Gramma's outfitted him with full on snow gear for Xmas...he loves snow! Which is good, because instead of getting cabin fever, he's been running himself ragged horsing around, sledding with the cute 3 year old down the street.

I love the cold snowy weather! But then I can walk to grocery store, starbucks, library, and about 4 friends houses.
emsmiled.gif
But I know it sucks for folks who are totally housebound because they can't get anywhere without driving. And I don't work outside the home now, so there's no stress about missing work.

And yes! Its killing all those nasty buggies!

yay!

Jeannine

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I saw news footage tonight of them sending the snow plows through Malibu, CA. Now that I have never seen before!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
It needs to snow a lot more here in Cali so I can go snowboarding!
9.gif
we only went to Tahoe once this season... need more snow!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 12:30:26 AM
Author: Beacon
I saw news footage tonight of them sending the snow plows through Malibu, CA. Now that I have never seen before!
WHAT???? SNOW in MALIBU... boy I bet Malibu makes New Mexico look positively prepared in terms of snow removal. I would NOT want to be there... or HERE in San Jose when it snows. I swear, if it startede snowing here right now... everyone would be trapped at work with no way to get home. There''s no way they''d be prepared to deal with that.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 2:11:50 PM

WHAT???? SNOW in MALIBU... boy I bet Malibu makes New Mexico look positively prepared in terms of snow removal. I would NOT want to be there... or HERE in San Jose when it snows. I swear, if it startede snowing here right now... everyone would be trapped at work with no way to get home. There''s no way they''d be prepared to deal with that.
Hehe I could just walk home. It would take me like 2 hours but it''s possible!!! The street I work on is basically just about 8-10 miles from home and a straight shot then over about 2 side streets. But yeah I don''t know that I am wearing the right shoes (3" heels) for it...OH but I do have tennis shoes in the car. hehe.
5.gif
Greg however would be totally stuck!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 2:37:53 PM
Author: Mara

Date: 1/18/2007 2:11:50 PM

Hehe I could just walk home. It would take me like 2 hours but it''s possible!!! The street I work on is basically just about 8-10 miles from home and a straight shot then over about 2 side streets. But yeah I don''t know that I am wearing the right shoes (3'' heels) for it...OH but I do have tennis shoes in the car. hehe.
5.gif
Greg however would be totally stuck!
Yeah. I''d be SOL unless I left the minute it started snowing (which I probably) would. I''m not worried about my ability to drive in the snow... but there is NO WAY I would want to be on the road with all the CA drivers -- freaked out and speeding their way toward an accident.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw the snow in Malibu on TV this morning...that is just wacked.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results