shape
carat
color
clarity

Brown?!? Men are so weird!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
OK, so I know how Musey claims that she''d have been happy if her FI proposed with an onion ring, but ...

B/F and I have been looking at sapphires as a possibility for an e-ring, since he won''t have enough saved to nourish my diamond fetish. We were hangin'' out on the natural sapphire co. webpage and he got all excited about an admittedly interesting looking brown stone.

M: "Look! Look at that one sweetheart!"
Me: "Uh, honey, very nice. But do you really feel it reflects our love and commitment?"
M: "Yeah! It''s so pretty!"
Me: "It''s brown, honey."
M: "Yeah!"
Me: "So... to you, our love is...aptly symbolized by something...errr ''brown''?"
M: "Oh. Uh, I see your point."

And while we''re on the subject of M''s cute but slightly misguided ring exploring adventures: apparently, he also really likes the Tiffany ''etoile'' ring because it reminds him of a SPACESHIP!

. Boys. Don''t you just love ''em?
20.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
. Actually, yeah, I do just love him. Even when he's being clueless. Maybe ESPECIALLY when he's being clueless. Let's face it: I'd say 'yes' for an onion ring too.
30.gif
30.gif

... but maybe it could be a pink or yellow onion ring, rather than a brown one? maybe?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
lol I am endlessly amused. Men... gotta love''em!
28.gif

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say that was one of the funniest things I''ve read. It is sooooo typically "boy,"....and brown? Come on, there are a lot of ways to say "I love you" but you''re right when it comes to brown....maybe not that way. lol Good luck in your search.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahaha...I love it when boys do/say/think weird stuff like that! That''s really kind of cute...and hilarious! But hey-at least he caught on to the fact that a brown e-ring wouldn''t go over too well pretty quickly!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
HA!! Maybe I''m a choc-o-holic ... ''cause I kinda actually LIKED a brown diamond engagement ring I saw! "Cognac" might be a better descriptor -- but it was really groovy looking!

Brown is such a great neutral & makes rich looking gems

Just think of it as your Hershey''s Kiss??
3.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha. Since I''m a chocoholic too, Hershey''s kiss would be a good way to look at it! Until I sleep walk and try to eat it.... Must...eat... chocolate ring....

And come to think of it, I guess I HAVE seen some pretty snazzy cognac diamonds. There''s one on Signed Pieces that caught my eye, e.g.

Cognac YES! Brown NO! It''s all about the euphemisms, people!

35.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2007 7:15:21 PM
Author:Independent Gal
And while we''re on the subject of M''s cute but slightly misguided ring exploring adventures: apparently, he also really likes the Tiffany ''etoile'' ring because it reminds him of a SPACESHIP!
Oh my gosh, so cute!! That sounds like something my guy would say. Or my brothers, for that matter
2.gif

Some of the sapphires on that site have such beautiful, interesting colors!! (Even the brown ones, haha!) If you start seriously looking at any I''d love to see pictures
30.gif

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
en crack me up. my sister''s soon to be husband wants to name their first son after his email address....where do they come up with this stuff?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just back from BaselWorld 2007...

Guess what..., chocolate shades are ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!

Chocolate Diamonds, Chocolate Gold etc... etc...!!!

Check out the Jewelry by "de Grisogono"!!!at http://www.degrisogono.com/ and click browny brown gold.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Ha! That's hilarious. I actually had noticed a few months ago that there was a lot brown around in jewelery catalogues, but hadn't really registered the connection. I'm off to meet M for dinner, so I'll have to let him know that he's got an intuitive sense of jewelery trends.

But again, with the euphemisms! It's chocolate! (or cognac!) not brown!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/22/2007 6:52:12 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Ha! That''s hilarious. I actually had noticed a few months ago that there was a lot brown around in jewelery catalogues, but hadn''t really registered the connection. I''m off to meet M for dinner, so I''ll have to let him know that he''s got an intuitive sense of jewelery trends.

But again, with the euphimisms! It''s chocolate! (or cognac!) not brown!
There is allways something in a "name"!!!

Ok, call it whatever..., just not brown...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results