shape
carat
color
clarity

Brown Bridesmaid dresses....What tuxedo vest/tie color will match????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I am having a dilemma here....I have chosen brown bridesmaid dresses and now I''m not sure what color vest/tie to get to match with them. The brown choices are very limited out there. The bridesmaids dresses are a georgette fabric so they are not shiny so I think they will look darker rather than lighter in pictures.

Do you guys think an all black tux will match? (black vest and tie w/white shirt) or should I go with whatever brown I find?

Anybody seen any places (I''m in NJ) that have nice brown tux colors??

If you have pics from your ''brown'' wedding please post!!

Thanks!!!!!

~erin

Attached is the pic of my bridesmaid dress (except it will be brown of course)
And also a pic of my wedding dress (cause I can''t resist hehehehe)
9.gif

1196L.jpg

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
SSR: Welcome to PS!

What pretty dresses!

I''m not a "brown" wedding bride, but just wanted throw in my .02. I think that Black vest/tie would look good with the brown dresses. It''s going to be hard to perfectly match your brown color, so how about a lighter tone in the same warm color family such as champagne or gold- unless that''s the color your groom will wear.

Your best best is to visit a Men''s formalwear shop with a swatch of your BM''s dresses. They have style books with swatch colors available. FI and I visited a couple of shops, and have decided on Men''s Wearhouse. They have the largest selection, IMO.

Good Luck!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
I love both of your dress selections!! Your BMs must be happy with the dress they''ll wear and your''s is sooooooo pretty!

I wish I had some advice for the tuxes...but CG''s suggestion sounds pretty good with the champagne idea.

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that champagne would be good... but all black would be very elegant too. I actually think either of those options would like better than a matchy matchy vest. Your gown is beautiful too!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
i think black, ivory, or champagne will all go! i wouldn''t worry about the brown to match, it''s just too much trouble I think!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
SSR - your dress choices are JUST gorgeous! Welcome to PS!

It's impossible to see in this picture, but my sister wore a brown dress, and our groomsmen wore brown vests with a black/brown striped tie. Let me lok for more pics . . .

025ps.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a better view of the vest/tie combo.

031ps.sized.jpg

Date: 5/21/2006 12:08:09 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
SSR - your dress choices are JUST gorgeous! Welcome to PS!

It''s impossible to see in this picture, but my sister wore a brown dress, and our groomsmen wore brown vests with a black/brown striped tie. Let me lok for more pics . . .

Thanks!
I love those vests and ties. I like the black/brown combo. Any idea where they were from???

I was also thinking about the champagne/gold option but I was thinking thats what the groom would wear. My dress is ivory.

Thanks for the comments everybody. If anybody has more pics I would love that! I''ll have to keep checking around for options. so far Men''s Wearhouse had nothing in brown and AfterHours had one option (which actually was nice). I may just go with the all black James Bond kinda look. Maybe tying everything together with the boutiniers (sp?) for the guys.

Thanks again for the responses.

~erin

Any more pics anyone!!!??? I''d love to see them. Thanks!
~erin

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i had chocolate bm dresses and was debating between champagne and chocolate gm vests (hubby was in ivory) ended up going with chocolate for the guys and i really like how it looked. pics in my wedding thread

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/im-married.45272/

we used filly''s for our rentals, but saw the same vests at quite a few other tux rental places. we had to get them ordered in since most stores don''t carry chocolate in stock. hard to see but its a tone on tone diagonal stripe. i thought they looked very elegant

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I defnitely think a champagne/beige-ish tie/vest combo with a black tux would look really good with the brown dresses...

lilmaria

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE your wedding gown. I saw it online this week and want to try it on in person. i love the detail in the back. My mom is going to make my gown, but I think this might be a bit too tricky to replicate. Anyway, not much advice about the brown, just had to comment on the bridal dress!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results