shape
carat
color
clarity

Britney Spears Conservatorship - Anyone read about it?

W

westofhere

I definitely don’t remember Charlie Sheen being ordered to get a vasectomy. And I’ve never heard people suggest that losers like Clint Eastwood who have a a zillion kids with a zillion different women should be neutered.

She has a right to be mentally ill. That’s a disability, not a character flaw. She has the right to be an addict, and thank god or we’d be a nation of jailed alcoholics and prescription pill addicts. She has a right to reproduce, and a right to not tour, and a right to take or refuse any medication she wants, and she should have the right to interview a dozen lawyers and choose her own, and a dozen therapists, and to fire any of these—her—employees. She even has the right to destroy or kill herself. That she had a court appointed lawyer for over a decade who never informed her she has the legal right to petition—good lord.

I’m guessing that if she gains the right to hire her own financial team, an audit will reveal the extent of her father’s mooching. And isn’t it adorable how he wasn’t involved in her life much growing up but was entirely ready to ride the gravy train for the last 15 years?

Something this makes me wonder: Are there other women whose reproductive rights are being violated by conservatorships? Given America’s terrifying history of eugenics, I hope journalists are looking into this.

W

westofhere

That's possible. I caught part of her testimony. Although she doesn't have more than a high school education, she sounded unusually immature and vapid in the language she used to describe her plight, in the clips I heard. What I heard was more whining than well-thought-out logic. Someone on another board raised the issue of Brittney's boyfriend, and the possibility that her father and family may be keeping the conservatorship firmly in place because they don't trust the boyfriend to not take advantage of her. There's a big age difference (12 years), he's Iranian, and people who apparently follow this couple closely in media seem to think that he's pushing her into the marriage and baby ideas. I don't know. I'm only repeating what I read.

Funny, to me she sounded incredibly thoughtful, and she argued forcefully and logically despite the traumatic situation. Also, I didn’t know that Iranian men were to be distrusted—good info there, lady.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I don't honestly know how good her reasoning is. Why did she bring Justin Tinderlake to her hearing to speak on her behalf? I think some other celebrities were there as well, Where are the Drs. or therapists to speak on her behalf. I just don't know. If it is a competency hearing why does Justin Timberlakes" opinion matter?

Annette

Where did you see this? He didn't speak at her hearing. He tweeted on twitter, along with everyone else.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
The whole audio is available on YouTube. It’s heartbreaking.

W

westofhere

The whole audio is available on YouTube. It’s heartbreaking.
But also inspiring—the profound courage it took to speak up, after decades of cruel treatment, under the glare of all this scrutiny. There are no doubt young female artists who’ll hear her and take to heart that they need to be in charge of their careers and that they need to be careful who they let into their lives. It must be so hard and so lonely to be surrounded only by people who see you as a human cash register.

W

westofhere

Funny, to me she sounded incredibly thoughtful, and she argued forcefully and logically despite the traumatic situation. Also, I didn’t know that Iranian men were to be distrusted—good info there, lady.

Meant “were not to be trusted”. Sarcasm directed at weird racist generalization.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results