shape
carat
color
clarity

Bringing home a new addition today

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We've been talking for a few years about getting a Jack Russell. JD wants a hunting dog and I want a small dog, so this works out well! I met a breeder about 3 years ago in a google search and have been talking to them off and on. They're pretty far away, about 3 hours, and I wanted to meet them, and see the dogs. We ended up this past March having a wedding to go to in that same town, so we were able to stop by and hang out for a couple hours the day after. They had 2 litters this Spring and our girl is ready to come home. She actually was ready to come home a couple weeks ago but we had a massive flood in the basement from a burst valve on the water softener so it's been a huge mess here. (still is, but there's no pool in the basement at least)

It will be a long day, three hours each way, plus time there etc..friends are watching the kids, and it will be fun to see their reactions when we get home-they don't know about the puppy. Breeder says she's very snuggly and lovey, but also the boss of the litter and the fastest of the puppies.

Her name is Sweden Lilith and we'll call her Swede for short.

297881_257359897614973_130575533626744_1071676_8036093_n.jpg

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Zomg! She's ADORABLE!!! *melts* :love: :love: :love: Congrats on the new family member, I'm sure your kids will LOVE her. My uncle had a Jack Russel for eons, he was always such a sweet little guy!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely adorable :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your beautiful new addition to your family!!! You lucky duck! I am so wanting to adopt a dog but we have to wait til we have the time and energy (when will that be I have no clue) so I will live vicariously through those who already are lucky enough to have dogs as members of their family. Congrats again and enjoy!!! Swede is really a beautiful puppy!!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
What a cutie!!! Congrats :) We got our puppy a month ago. He was born May 8th. A chocolate Shih Tzu and we are in LOVE. Enjoy your new addition!!!

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
What a cutie! Congrats, she going to keep you busy, JRTs don't have an "off" switch! Personality +++ :D
What is you DH hunting with her?

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
awwww sooo cute~ :love:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
She's so cute! I'm sure L. and T. will be so excited when they see her.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
So cute, Pack! Can't wait to hear about the kids' reactions. Seems like she'll be a great addition to your home.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is soooo cute! Your kids will be thrilled! Sorry to hear about the basement issues.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a doll she is!!! We've had our Jack Russell for 11 years now and she has truly been a delight. They need a lot of room to run and play to burn off all that energy, but they are fantastic dogs with so much personality.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
She's beautiful-and I love the name!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, she is just soooo cute!! What a sweetie - I hope you post more pics when you get her home!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
very bright dogs the jack russells....and this one is gorgeous.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! She's home and already showing kick ass hunting instincts! She's playing w/one of our new kittens, Opilio Jo, and "treeing" her under the couch. She also found Trapper's raccoon tail and carts it all over. We'll be hunting raccoons w/her but the breeders said they know people who are training them for bobcats and mountain lions and also for blood trails if someone gets a deer and can't find it, so the blood trail we'll be teaching her too.

The breeders showed us how to groom her and a bit on teaching her to stand nice for the JRTC shows. They said she's super fast so would be good in the races they have too.

Pics of the cats first meeting w/Swede. Chucknorris is the white/orange fuzzed out beast. He FREAKED out..flew up in the air, took off running, skidded into a chair and ended in the halloween cat pose. Opilio Jo is the gray/white. She did a dainty little hiss and fuzzed out..and now she and Swede play together..in a span of 5 minutes.

100_3640.jpg

100_3632.jpg

100_3610.jpg

100_3617.jpg

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooh look at her!! She's gorgeous!

We've had a jack russell for 12 years, he's a great dog.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a cutie!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Super cute!!! What a wonderful suprise for the kids!!! :appl:

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
packrat|1315087057|3009279 said:
Thanks guys! She's home and already showing kick a$$ hunting instincts! She's playing w/one of our new kittens, Opilio Jo, and "treeing" her under the couch. She also found Trapper's raccoon tail and carts it all over. We'll be hunting raccoons w/her but the breeders said they know people who are training them for bobcats and mountain lions and also for blood trails if someone gets a deer and can't find it, so the blood trail we'll be teaching her too.

The breeders showed us how to groom her and a bit on teaching her to stand nice for the JRTC shows. They said she's super fast so would be good in the races they have too.

Pics of the cats first meeting w/Swede. Chucknorris is the white/orange fuzzed out beast. He FREAKED out..flew up in the air, took off running, skidded into a chair and ended in the halloween cat pose. Opilio Jo is the gray/white. She did a dainty little hiss and fuzzed out..and now she and Swede play together..in a span of 5 minutes.

For baying mountain lions?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maple, I'm not sure exactly..the breeders just said they knew some people that were using them b/c they're small and fast, that the other dogs normally used got torn up or killed so frequently.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Oh she's just too cute!
how did the kids react!? We see how the kitties did....but I wanna know how L and T liked her!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Swede is a sweety!!!! Oh, she's adorable, Packrat! Look at that little face. Jack Russells are awesome dogs. They pack so much personality in such a tiny package.

You have a gift for naming people and pets, Packrat. I wonder if you could turn that into a service, like charge people to come up with clever and appropriate names . . . people pay for much stranger things nowadays, ya know.

Enjoy your new addition! I love the pictures of the arched-back kitties, by the way. Awwww, I want another dog.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, she's adorable packrat, what a gorgeous dog!! Heehee, you're kitties really did do the "halloween" move - I'm also wondering how the kids reacted - I'm sure everyone will have a lot of fun with the new addition!

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
She's too cute!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Super cute

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! The kids were excited but at first they were..in shock or something. I was standing there holding Swede and they were just "Oh, we got a dog?"..then "OHHHH WE GOT A DOG!!" It's nice b/c Swede will play with them..tug of war, and she'll chase them, run after things they throw or roll, all the typical puppy things that they missed out on with Chicken. We got her some training treats today so we can work with her on standing etc and for potty training, and I got a spay that is "supposed" to encourage them to go wherever you spray it..I thought it would be nice to just have a specific toiletry area in the back for her instead of willy nilly wherever. Swede has tumbled a few times, trying to climb up over the railroad ties on the hosta beds when she's chasing the kids..it's funny watching that chubby spotted belly when she's rolling so ungracefully.

Haven, funny you say that, b/c JD has been telling me that for years! I love picking out names. It drives my dad bananas, the names I come up with. (Years ago my cat Bejing had babies and I named them Nefertiti and Archimedes--ohhh you should have seen his face!) Sweden is just b/c I love the word, how it sounds and the look of it, plus I'm Swedish haha..the Lilith is for Lilith on Frasier, one of our favorite shows. We've always gotten the hugest kick out of how Frasier says "That is Eddie" and sounds so irritated.

And, my dad's nickname has always been Swede-so he really thought that was neat when we told him her call name. He looked at me like WTF when I said her name is Sweden Lilith. But then it was "Oh yeah, yeah, Swede's a cute name" Of course..at supper last night we had a great time joking that when we say "Swede, go outside and go poop" my dad is going to run out in the back and squat.

So far she's done pretty good in the kennel..we tell the kids to ignore her when she's in there, and especially if she's whining in there. We took her to the city today to get stuff for the basement and she rode nice in the kennel up and back, about 2 seconds of whining is all.

Swede spent most of the day kicking Opilio's ass..but Opilio never gets upset, and she keeps coming back for more. Chucknorris is still ticked off tho.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
I'm jealous. I've been a JR person for ages. Such lovely dogs, but I just don't have the space in an apartment for them, or enough people at home to help them burn up their daily pep.

I hope swede never encounters a mountain lion... such a tragedy both ways.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
<----dead. (From cuteness!)

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Adorable! Look at that face. So much cuteness. Love the name. Sorry, I giggled at the cats reactions. Enjoy that cute bundle of love.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results