shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridesmaids/Groomsmen dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been engaged almost 5 months now and I haven''t done a thing for the wedding...including picking bridesmaids and groomsmen.

My fiance and I want to keep the wedding party small and simple. I have two close girl friends, and he has one guy friend that he would like to include. I''m very close to my brother, so I would really like him included as a groomsmen, and I really like his girlfriend (who I''m sure is my future sister-in-law) so would like her to be a bridesmaid.

My fiance has a brother and a sister, as well. The thing is that he isn''t particularly close to them, and hardly has a relationship with them from his standpoint. He would rather them not be included since they are not a big part of his life right now. However, they don''t seem to share this opinion. I''ve only met the sister once and I''ve never met the brother, but I have a feeling that they would be extremely offended for my brother and his girlfriend to be included in the bridal party and not them. I don''t particularly like his siblings either, but my feeling is that if they want to buy a dress/suit and show up, then it''s probably not worth the drama to purposely exclude them.

So should I encourage my fiance to have his brother and sister as attendants? Or just go ahead with my plan to ask my brother and his girlfriend and let the chips fall where they may?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know it is a tough dilema, because on one hand, you do not need the extra drama and it might just be easier to have them, BUT, if there is not a good relationship there, it is hard to justify having them up there without a real relationship to back it up. But, again, if it is not that big of an issue to him, I would have them to avoid future bloodshed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results