shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridesmaid gift help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Melibk

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone know of a site that has AFFORDABLE bridesmaid gifts.

I am specifically thinking of monogrammed robes or some sort of loungy outfit to wear when we are getting ready.

I am thinking this would not count as their main gift because it is FOR my wedding. So any ideas on other gifts?

I have 7 bridesmaids so it could get pricey...

Thanks!!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I am also hoping to get fluffy robes for my 3 bms.

If you have time to wait/shop around, check Victoria Secret''s big sale going on right now.

I don''t think they have white, but I did see some nice robes in there.

Other sites/stores= BareNecessities.com, ebay, even check BB&Beyond, Linens & Things because you can use the 20% coupons

Unfortunately though with robes you do get what you pay for and it could be hard unless you see them in person.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
I got monogrammed bags from thegartermaker.net She was wonderful.. I got big pink beach bags (since we are getting married on the beach) with their monograms on them for $20 bucks... that was on sale.. but I know they arent more than 30 regular price.

Also... she has some hoodies and sweatpants and stuff.. that are also.. VERY affordable!

Hope that helps... oh and here is a picture of the bag!!! I am filling it with lots of goodies! She has three or four different bags of different sizes too... but maybe you could contact her and ask about robes...

She also did my toss garter which is an Ohio State garter.. sooo adorable!

J_bag.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jaders that monogram is GORGEOUS. Thanks for the site...I don''t need it for BM gifts but those bags are awesome!

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 6:40:05 AM
Author: labbielove

If you have time to wait/shop around, check Victoria Secret''s big sale going on right now.
This is what I did. I got my maids tops and bottoms from their Pink line during the semi-annual sale last January. Everything was half off, so for the four of them, it came to about $90. This was their main gift from me - I didn''t buy it for the wedding - I just know they all wear that kind of stuff when they''re lounging at home.

If you dont'' mind me asking - when exactly would they wear this? I''ve been a maid twice. The first time I just chose to dress at home so I wasn''t carting a lot of stuff to the wedding site. The second time, I wore jeans to the wedding site and changed when I got there (some girls showed up dressed). Are you planning to have someone come out for hair and makeup and you want them to wear the robes then?

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
FireGoddess...

They are beautiful.. although I havent seen them in person yet.. I ordered 6 of them.. they are super cheap and Christina there is a doll!!

She uses that same monogram on bouquet sashes as well!!! Absolutely beautiful.. I hope that you can find something useful from her!!

I just adore her and her work!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
tanyak,
i wouldn''t plan on having my bms use the robe for the wedding,
i just know (since they''re my 3 sisters) that it''s the type of thing they wouldn''t necessarily buy for themselves (they are all moms)
so i wanted to do something like a robe with some pj''s etc.

also, when we were growing up my mom used to sew us all matching flannel nighties for christmas, and we joke about it now,etc. so i was thinking of buying us matching flannel pjs too.

plantationcatt

Shiny_Rock
My mother bought me a beautiful sterling silver compact mirror (purse-size) with my monogram on it years ago. I''ve tracked it down at the same store and they are $20 including engraving. Figured they could use this on the wedding day (they are all gorgeous without makeup anyway...if only I was so lucky!) and also something they could keep for years to come.
As for a little something more...who knows yet. Ideas welcome. Good luck!

Ps. Monogram on the bag was awesome...i''ve opened her website to look at next!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
PlantationCatt: (Hi, date twin!
1.gif
) Can you share where you found the compacts? That sounds like a really nice idea!

And I love those totes, Jaders! I may get those for my BMs!

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
are you having a summer wedding? I have seen alot of girls get terry cloth dresses for the BMs to wear when they are getting ready, from Juicy or cheaper at Victoria''s Secret

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I''m getting my girls monogrammed tote bags (they all are into working out and travelling, so they''d use them again) from this site:
http://www.sweetmemorybaskets.com/The%20Weekender%20Tote%20Bag_pid-10772.aspx

Then I''m going to design some bridesmaid "pimp cups" (I''m going to buy goblets, then decorate them with rhinestones with their first initials on them, in pimp cup fashion--they''re the types that would get a huge kick out of haivng a pimp cup haha)

I have 6 bms, so I am trying to keep costs down while getting them something funny and something nice also. They all have lots of jewelry, so I''m not going to get them earrings or anything like that.

plantationcatt

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 6:06:06 PM
Author: fatafelice
PlantationCatt: (Hi, date twin!
1.gif
) Can you share where you found the compacts? That sounds like a really nice idea!

And I love those totes, Jaders! I may get those for my BMs!
Date twin:

http://lautares.com/home.html
Lautares Jewlers
640 Arlington Village • Greenville, NC
Phone: (252)756-0083 • Fax: (252)756-5084

They primarily deal with customers in store, local folk who''ve known them since 1912 here...but I''m sure they''d love to get a call from a random person with such a request & be glad to ship. I''ll try to photograph my compact tonight so you can see...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results