shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridesmaid dresses NYC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone...
Wondering if anyone has suggestions on where to shop for BM dresses in NYC (trying to keep the price under $250 if I can). I love the POB dresses but I''m not sure they fit in the budget. I want the girls to wear long dresses b/c my wedding is pretty formal. If anyone knows how they typically run that''d be great!

So far I''ve got appointments at Adrienne''s on the lower east side and Bella Bridesmaid in midtown. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I would also look into Here Comes the Bridesmaid, they have a TON of different designers. I have heard mixed things about their service though. I will look there when the time comes. I am also biased and adore Nicole Miller for long dresses so their store in soho.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
POB long dresses run from $260 - $300 depending on the line. Melissa sweet ones I looked at were $280 I believe.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks girls!

sba...thanks! i''ll check out here comes the bridesmaid. i''ve heard of it i think but i''ve never been there.

EM1...thanks for chiming in! I know your brain must be swirling with your wedding stuff so it was sweet of you to reply! i love pob so maybe it''s still worth a look.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Check out RK Bridal over at 39th st & 8th ave. They do bridal, bridesmaids and flower girl dresses and they have very good prices. They carry a lot of brands so you have a lot to choose from. I''ve bought 2 BM dresses there for under $120!

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
You can also just check out major department stores in NYC. Norstrom stores generally have a pretty large formal wear sections and carry a lot of dresses that could easily be bridesmaids dresses. I bet some of the other department stores do to. The bonus of finding a BM dress in a department store is that all of your girls can just buy their size right off the rack (or online if they don't live in NYC). This means no waiting for orders to be shipped months later through a bridal salon or trying to guess what size they'd be based on measurements (which means cheaper alterations).

Good luck!

nyc7782

Rough_Rock
Ok i thought I responded before--maybe I put it in the wrong thread, if so, sorry!! Anyway, I was in a wedding where we wore long dresses from Vineyard (POB) that were about $175. They were beautiful and elegant and I think I''ll even wear it again. You may also want to check out wedding library. But $250 is probably the cheapest thing there. Good luck!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
hi everyone!
thanks for your suggestions!!

kitkath...i saw that sample sale notice but of course i''m out of town this weekend and my bm''s are all busy. sounds like an awesome deal though!! dresses start at $19!!!!

cleokizzy...i''ll look into RK. thanks! i thought they just did bridal, i didn''t know they did bridesmaid too!!

havernall....nordstrom''s is a good idea. there aren''t any in manhattan but i could head out to long island or shop online maybe, or just a different department store. thanks!!

nyc...wow, a vineyard dress for $175!? that''s great!!! one of my bm''s is practically set on a pob dress so it seems there''s hope yet!

thanks again for your help! i''m going to look into everything you guys suggested and additionally make an appointment for priscilla. fingers are crossed that all 4 girls agree on a gown and that the gown fits the budget!

wyndham

Shiny_Rock
Hi Marlie,
I got my bridesmaids dresses from Vera Wang in NYC, and they look beautiful. Her dresses run from about $180 to $280 -- ours were $220 but they give you a discount for 5 or more so they ended up being $198 each. One suggestion if you do go with Vera Wang...order early. Ours took about 5 months to come in -- but when they arrived they were perfect so it was worth the wait!

I also looked at Jenny Yoo bridesmaids'' dresses -- I loved hers but they were actually a bit pricier than Vera Wang and pretty similar in style.

Both showrooms are great, so I definitely suggest you make an appointment at each and check them out if you''re at all interested!

Good luck!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
wyndam...i hadn''t thought of going to the vera wang store itself. adrienne''s carries some vera wang dresses so if those are working out it might be worth a trip to her store to see the entire collection. who knew it could be so affordable? thanks for the info!!!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
My BM dresses came from POB and were $250, but they are short, so they may be cheaper than long dresses.

I actually got them from Bella Bridesmaid in Westport, CT. I went there first and found the dresses. Then I got my own dress from POB in NYC and could have purchased the BM dresses I loved from them as well, but I wanted to support local business so I stuck with Bella. They''re franchises, so I can''t say what the one in NYC will be like, but I had a very good experience with the one in CT. The owner was extremely nice and it was very personal service since I was the only one in there during my appointments and after a few visits she knew me by name. They carry many different brands of dresses so I''m sure you''ll be able to find something in your price range as well.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 4:48:21 PM
Author: wyndham
Hi Marlie,
I got my bridesmaids dresses from Vera Wang in NYC, and they look beautiful. Her dresses run from about $180 to $280 -- ours were $220 but they give you a discount for 5 or more so they ended up being $198 each. One suggestion if you do go with Vera Wang...order early. Ours took about 5 months to come in -- but when they arrived they were perfect so it was worth the wait!

I also looked at Jenny Yoo bridesmaids'' dresses -- I loved hers but they were actually a bit pricier than Vera Wang and pretty similar in style.

Both showrooms are great, so I definitely suggest you make an appointment at each and check them out if you''re at all interested!

Good luck!
Ditto on the Vera Wang - I got my bridesmaid dresses at the Vera Wang salon - love, love, loved them! I was also going to suggest Jenny Yoo as well - very similar to Vera. Finally, try the Wedding Library up on 78th and Madison - great selection there too!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks...
elrohwen...I didn''t realize Bella sold Priscilla dresses! You''ve just made my life about a 100% easier. Yay for one stop shopping. I haven''t gone to the store yet but I''ve spoken to a sales associate who was super sweet so I have high hopes for that store.

blushing....another vote for Vera! I''ll definitely check her store out. I think Jenny Yoo is too expensive though I love her gowns. And, I''ll look into the Wedding Library too.

I originally thought it might be fun to have the bm''s get there dresses at Selia Yang where I bought my gown but when i asked Selia about cost my jaw pretty much fell on the floor. Same cost as the bridal gowns. So, i had to nix that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results