shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridesmaid Dresses and Save-the-Dates ... done!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
I''m planning my Kentucky wedding from London (about 6,000 miles away!) and I''ve actually been able to tackle quite a lot in the month I''ve been engaged! I posted previously on this board that I was considering ordering the J Crew bridesmaids dresses in Liberty Blue -- well, I''ve decided to go for it! All of my bridesmaids have received their dresses, and the color is just lovely. I have 5 bridesmaids and a maid-of-honor. 4 went with the strapless (Sadie) style and the other 2 had selected Whitney (tank style) -- however, they didn''t think that style was particularly flattering, so now they''re ordering the Ella style, which has more of a spaghetti-strap look and a straighter skirt. We''re still 13 months away from the wedding, but I really wanted the Liberty Blue, and luckily my bridesmaids agreed to go ahead and get them! Phew
36.gif

Also, this week I ordered my save-the-dates. Have you ever heard of Dauphine Press? They''re a CA company that does custom letterpress designs. We have designed our own save-the-dates using the "Floral Nouveau" theme; we''ll use that same theme for our wedding invitations next year. The sales associate there has been extremely helpful and I''m so excited - their designs are like artwork! We''ll be inviting 300-325 people, but I am so in love with Dauphine Press that I think it''s worth slightly blowing the invitation budget
30.gif

Anyhow, just wanted to share!

Aim_Turbo

Rough_Rock
haha good for you miss planner! I''m the same way! I got engaged on July 18th and the wedding isn''t until August 23rd 2008 but I already have the venue and officiant booked, my flowers picked, centrepieces done and I''m getting my dress next friday (hopefully)!

I''m only having a maid of honour but she''s coming up to toronto (she lives in san fran) to go dress shopping and talk about her dress and all that jazz so that''ll be done then too!

I think the sooner you start planning the less stress later on!

again, good for you! Don''t lose your momentum!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yay! More PS Super-Brides! Who says it''s gotta be stressful, right?

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Wait, maybe I missed this, but where in KY is your wedding??

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys!

I will probably wait until next year to get my dress. The wedding is in early October, so I was thinking end-January/early February for picking out a dress. I''m hoping to lose 10-15 lbs between now and then, so I''m in no rush
20.gif

The wedding''s in Louisville, btw! I was born there and my parents live sort of nearby.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, those are really nice bridesmaids'' dresses, and I rarely like any bridesmaids'' dresses at all! Gorgeous color.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Krissie I grew up there! I am still nearby, nice to see a fellow Kentuckian on the board! Sorry for the threadjack!

On the subject, I saw your last post on the dresses and I looked at them and LOOOOVE the color, I think you did the right thing!

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad you liked the bridesmaid dresses! I felt a bit guilty asking my bridesmaids to get them so early, but to my delight they were all very willing!! The color in person is just gorgeous. I''m getting married in a cathedral with a similar-colored ceiling, so I think it will look really nice.

Miscka, what a small world! We''re getting married at the cathedral downtown and the reception will be at the Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results