shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridesmaid dress recycling

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
So, I was in a wedding last may that required a celedon green bridesmaids dress with lettuce trim.

While the dress was lovely, I didn''t think I''d ever wear it again.

However, a colleague of mine helped me ''reimagine'' the dress for a charity ball I attended last night.

I switched out the lettuce sash for a black one...and added black lacey trim at the bottom to make it more evening...

Here are my results...

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the stock photo of the dress (not me) the sash is a bit different but you get the idea...

jamie dress.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Here is me, in the actual dress, at the actual wedding =)

Dress original.JPG

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
And here is the recycled version...photo has been cropped to protect the innocent =)

Dress re-do.JPG

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Great BM dress makeover! what was your inspiration?

Hope I can pull off something like that for the ORANGE creation hanging on the back of my office door. was supposed to wear it to an august wedding, but it was cancelled and have no idea what to do with the dress. never even brought it home after it was delivered to my office.

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Wow that turned out gorgeous!! You and your friend must have good fashion sense- although I thought the dress was beautiful to begin with, adding the black sash and lace definitely makes that dress a great evening dress!!

I love the cardigan too!! And by the way you are SOO pretty!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Super cute! Great recycle!!

BTW- is your avatar your house? I ask because every time I glance at it, it looks like mine. The only difference is I have two picture windows on the lower level. And, one picture window in the middle of the upper level. My sunporch looks the same as the room on the left of your pic, and i have VERY similar landscaping!
1.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Love it Rocky! You know, you could also do a vintage brooch on the black sash to sass it up even more.
28.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the recycle! It looks gorgeous!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
ChargerGrrl - I was originally going to dye the dress black or navy blue - but my coworker (who went to school for fashion) said that since it was a synthetic fabric it would probably get blotchy - she helped me come up with the idea of the black lace and sash

shigidigi - THank you!

somethingshiny - Unfortunately it is not my house =( If it didn''t have the difference you described, it could have potentially been your house - I call it my ''dream house'' - I saw it on Cape Cod one day and took a photo. I actually live in LA but I''m from MA so I miss the east coast style colonials...the photo reminds me of home now - you''re so lucky that you have a gorgeous home!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great recycle! It''s so pretty and the color is great on you!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Great makeover! I like it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results