shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridesmaid dress issues

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

julie_b

Rough_Rock
Hey guys, I''m new to all this, but I''ve run into a slight problem and need some help. I''m getting married August 25 of this year. We''ve got the bridesmaids dresses picked out and the colors too. I''ve done so searching online lately on this and have come up pretty empty handed. The bridesmaids dresses are Alfred Angelo (6304S) and the color is espresso with a fuschia, organza ribbon. What do you all think of these colors? You would not believe the reaction I get when people hear this, and I think it''s started to make me second guess my choice. My next chioce was to go with black (and a different dress). The wedding is going to be at 6pm and will be pretty short and simple. My fiance didn''t even want to have a big wedding, so we decided to make it more about the reception and to try and have fun with it. The bridesmaids liked the dresses and colors, we found tuxedos for the guys that look amazing, and we even found invitations that match our colors that we liked. It just bothersme that some people seem almost appaled at the colors we have chosen, and as I said, I couldn''t find much on the internet in terms of wedding colors like those. Help or insight would be much appreciated!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
You like the colors, your fiance likes the colors, and the bridesmaids like the colors (at least enough to not tell you that they don''t like them). I looked at the site and actually it is not a bad combination, but I think the espresso/fushia combo just sounds bad when you say it. A lot of people have an aversion to fushia just in general. Maybe you should tell people you''re having deep brown dresses with a pink trim? Really, in this case the espresso is a neutral color, and the fushia is an accent.

But seriously, it is YOUR wedding and you should pick the colors you want. I think once people actually see the dresses they will get it the way you do.

RZ

PS I am a bridesmaid in a wedding that will be in May...the dresses (also A Angelo) she chose are in Celedon with Lettuce trim. Whenever I tell people this they give me the "So you''re wearing a salad??" look. Kind of funny, but it does look nice.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this the dress you''re using?

Anyway, I think that espresso with fuschia ribbon sounds GORGEOUS and very fashion-forward! Browns are very big right now (especially the rich espresso hues, because duh--they''re GORGEOUS!) but obviously an earthy tone like that will always look timeless in your pictures.

What area do you live in? That may have an impact. Probably all that''s happening is that people hear "fuschia" and a little bomb goes off in their head--not really picturing what the end product will look like.

I personally think the dresses will look beautiful in those colors--but what rockzilla said is absolutely right, what matters is that YOU love it (as well as your FI and bridal party)!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
WELCOME to PS!!!!

I''m getting married the day after you :) And also at 6pm and using AA dresses for my BMs.

The key is exactly what rockzilla suggested.....simply use a nicer name for fushia :) Espresso is all trendy-speak for brown but sounds soooo much nicer (and yummier somehow lol). So change fushia to "sunburst" or "sunset pink" or "pink" or cherry!!!

Espresso and cherry........perhaps doesn''t quite encapsulate fushia........but it sure sounds yummy!

oooo......I just had an idea.....go to the nail polish section of your local drugstore and find fushia colors and see what they name them! that should be fun!

You could also use a lighter pink as the accents and put hot pink flowers in the bouquets as highlights to your accents :)

Or not worry about what the nay-sayers wrinkle thier noses at
2.gif

julie_b

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help! I just wanted to make sure that I''m not crazy after some of the reactions I got from people. And Musey, that is the dress I''ve picked out. Another problem I ran into was that my bridesmaids'' skin tones wouldn''t really look good in more traditional colors (light pinks, reds), it would''ve made them look washed out, and they were all actually dreading finding out what color they would have to wear, but were pretty happy with the brown. We also went with the trim (I didn''t think of describing it that way, but it does sound a lot better) in fuschia since it is an organza material and thought it would really make the dress "pop" with that brown. Here is the dress in the brown, but with llight pink instead of fuschia, though we are still keeping the option open of using the pink that is actually in this picture.

1BMdress1.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Love the colors!!! Please don''t second guess yourself, they truely do go together wonderfully and when everyone actually sees the girls in the dresses, they will adore the colors. And like musey said, sometimes just the names of colors create the reaction.
2.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I love the color combo! Don''t change it...everyone else will see how wrong they were when they see your dresses. I''m a BM in a friend''s upcoming wedding, and her colors are brown and pink, and we''ll be wearing brown dresses, which I am actually very excited about! SOOOOOOOOOOO much better than wearing pink! I would not be happy if I had to wear pink...but brown is great!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I love the colors too! And I had the same initial thought as others who have mentioned that you should just try saying a different word like "Bright pink"

I think it''ll look very sharp!

dmamsquared

Shiny_Rock
Why think about change when the participants are in agreement? Benjamin Moore Paints has Fushia Kiss, fasion Pink and cerise pink. Not sure if fasion should be "fashion" Cerise means reddish or cherry. So why don''t you settle on "fashion pink" You may suggest that "fashion Pink" sash is in memory of breast cancer awareness. We as woman know at least one person whose life has been affected. That should shut them up.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is funny, I''m getting married on Aug 25 too! Like you, I don''t like pastels or the typical bridal colors of bubble gum pink, etc...so I went for gold for the bridesmaids gowns. I think that brown tones will be beautiful, and mixed with fushia it will be lovely!! I have also gotten some weird expressions when I tell people the colors of the wedding (gold, ivory, black), and I think this is because weddings have a reputation of being pink and baby blue, and people are surprised to hear colors like gold and brown as colors.

I think if you love the dresses and your BM''s like the dresses, you shouldn''t give it a second thought. Another nice thing is that your BM''s can actually wear their dresses again since it''s not such a bright color. Really, I think your colors are beautiful and you will be fine. A lot of people (especially some of the older folks) don''t know what is in style these days.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Juilie_b - you are my wedding date twin!!! I''m getting on the 8/25 as well...very exciting! My wedding will also be a 6 o''clock - although the bridesmaids are wearing Vera Wang in a deep plum shade (w/ a navy sash....I think).

Picking out my bridesmaids dresses was more difficult than find my own dress! I even posted a few times on here asking for suggestions. Anyway, half my bridesmaids wanted one color and the other half wanted another...in the end it''s your decision.

You will get a gazillion diferent opinions from people...who''s to say one person is right or wrong? You have to go w/ your gut which is what I did and it''s all going to look absolutely stunningl!

For my sister''s wedding, we wore chocolate brown dresses (no sash) and carried fuchsia peopnies flowers for our bouquets....all I can say is WOWZA
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
- what a gorgeous combination!!

Check out some pics!

Blushingbridedresses.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another...

bridesmaiddress1.jpg

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
what was the designer of the dresses blushing?

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
They are Amsale dresses - the wedding was April ''06, but salons/wedding shops who carry Amsale still have that style available. I''ve even been to the Amsale Salon here in NYC and they also carry the style.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results