shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridesmaid dress color

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, choosing bridesmaids dresses for my sister's December wedding has been quite the chore! I work in a bridal boutique, so you'd think it would have been easy. My mom is a little difficult to please sometimes, but after 7 months of looking, we finally picked a dress. Part of the problem was the color.. We wanted a dress in an emerald green, which is not easy to find. We also didn't want something that was strapless. Well, we finally found the dress, but the sample is such a beautiful red that now she can't decide the color. Since the wedding is a week before Christmas we aren't fighting the season. We'll be carrying fur muffs instead of bouquets. This is the sanctuary at Christmas, but as of today the red carpet is gone. So, there will be poinsettias and greenery. Also, my sister, the bride, is busy with nursing school and honestly doesn't care about this. I promise we're not hijacking her wedding! We asked her which color she'd prefer and she said she didn't care...

On with the pictures.. I can't get them to upload to PS, so the links will have to do.
Sanctuary at Christmas http://jamesbrandon.cc/blog/wp-content/ ... Church.jpg

Dress: http://jordanfashions.com/ShowDressDeta ... toid=27279

In either the Cherry or Emerald.

Opinions? Thanks!!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
first, gorgeous church!

as for color, i don't think you can go wrong w/either, but i love the emerald.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The emerald colour looks gorgeous :))

The church is lovely!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Meg, the sanctuary is stunning!!! And I think the dress will be beautiful. I'd lean toward the red, but the emerald would be beautiful. I just know how much you love red!

Ninna

Shiny_Rock
Lovely church! Either one is going to look great, most people go with reds in that season, I would go Emerald =)

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
See, my favorite color is red, but I'm leaning toward the Emerald, too.

The good news is, I love both colors. I won't be upset whichever way we go. The red would look great at a formal with L in his mess dress, but the green is such a GORGEOUS shade of green that I can't imagine going another way!

Thanks, the church really is beautiful. It's where another PSer, Meresal, got married as well! :cheeky:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Emerald! I think green is an easier color for multiple people to wear. Plus you look gorg in green!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just looked at the chuch again - the wood and the fittings look to be quite red/reddish, so I think the green would make a lovely contrast inside during the ceremony

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the opinions everyone! I'm so glad, this morning I got an e-mail from mom and we are going with the green.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Good choice! The emerald is beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results