shape
carat
color
clarity

bridal survey!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Things have been slow over here and I would love to get to know some of my fellow BIW (and anyone else who wants to play!) better, so I thought a wedding survey might be fun! What can I say, I'm a dork!

If you have to pick (and you do!), in an ideal perfect world would you rather...

1. 25 guests or 250 guests?
2. first look or walking down the aisle?
3. ceremony outside at a vineyard or up in the sky at a swanky hotel?
4. fancy intricate ballgown or simple stunning sheath?
5. colored shoes or classic bridal heels?
6. just a MOH or 11 bridesmaids?
7. groom in a tux or in seersucker?
8. chocolate cake with hazelnut filling or vanilla cake with strawberry filling?
9. swing band playing the classics or DJ playing today's hits?
10. candy bar or martini bar?
11. honeymoon at a ski resort in the Alps or a beach in Fiji?

Now for some freestyle answers...

12. Describe your wedding (upcoming or past) in three adjectives.
13. What is your favorite thing on your menu?
14. How involved is the groom in wedding planning?
15. Do you think planning your wedding is fun? Or has it been more of a struggle than you expected?
16. What ONE thing at your wedding are you most excited about (other than actually getting married!)?
17. What ONE thing are you most disappointed that won't work for your wedding (because of money, location, whatever)?
18. Can you mashed potato? Can you do the twist? Do you like it like this?
19. Is the wedding your ending up with the one you thought you would have when you first started imagining your wedding?
20. Do you ever stop and think "holy crap, I'm getting married - how crazy!"?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oooo! I'll play! And don't forget to answer your own survey, SB!

1. 25 guests or 250 guests? 25
2. first look or walking down the aisle? Walking down the aisle...which is how we'll be doing it!
3. ceremony outside at a vineyard or up in the sky at a swanky hotel? Vineyard! I wanted an outdoor ceremony but FI really wanted to get married in a church...and that meant I didn't have to come up with an alternate weather plan!
4. fancy intricate ballgown or simple stunning sheath? Sheath if I had the figure...my dress is pretty simple, but A-line!
5. colored shoes or classic bridal heels? I wouldn't trade my purple satin Stuart Weitzmans for ANYTHING!!!
6. just a MOH or 11 bridesmaids? Just a MOH
7. groom in a tux or in seersucker? Tux...but only because seersucker isn't either of our styles...he'll be wearing a suit.
8. chocolate cake with hazelnut filling or vanilla cake with strawberry filling? Chocolate! Though our cake will be lemon with blueberry filling... :lickout:
9. swing band playing the classics or DJ playing today's hits? If we could afford it, we would have gotten the band!
10. candy bar or martini bar? Candy bar! FI's family doesn't really drink...
11. honeymoon at a ski resort in the Alps or a beach in Fiji? FIJI! ...I've never been skiing... :o

12. Describe your wedding (upcoming or past) in three adjectives. Relaxed, Family, FOOD
13. What is your favorite thing on your menu? Jack Stack's Beef Burnt Ends and Fried Mushroom Caps
14. How involved is the groom in wedding planning? He picked the cake flavors! And agreed with everything I picked...
15. Do you think planning your wedding is fun? Or has it been more of a struggle than you expected? Loved it so far! Hope it stays that way!
16. What ONE thing at your wedding are you most excited about (other than actually getting married!)? The food! And my mother-daughter dance because I'm not telling my mom what song it will be until the wedding.
17. What ONE thing are you most disappointed that won't work for your wedding (because of money, location, whatever)? I'm not in love with the layout of our venue and I'm not sure the bouquet toss will be great because of the low ceiling...but we'll make it work!
18. Can you mashed potato? Can you do the twist? Do you like it like this? I am the queen of The Twist.
19. Is the wedding your ending up with the one you thought you would have when you first started imagining your wedding? When I first started imaging getting married? Not. At. All. But when I first started imagining marrying FI? Absolutely.
20. Do you ever stop and think "holy crap, I'm getting married - how crazy!"? All the freakin time. :bigsmile:

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a sucker for surveys!

2. first look or walking down the aisle? first look
3. ceremony outside at a vineyard or up in the sky at a swanky hotel? vineyard
4. fancy intricate ballgown or simple stunning sheath? sheath
5. colored shoes or classic bridal heels? colored shoes
6. just a MOH or 11 bridesmaids? just MOH
7. groom in a tux or in seersucker? tux
8. chocolate cake with hazelnut filling or vanilla cake with strawberry filling? no question - chocolate!
9. swing band playing the classics or DJ playing today's hits? tough one... swing band
10. candy bar or martini bar? martini bar
11. honeymoon at a ski resort in the Alps or a beach in Fiji? Fiji

12. Describe your wedding (upcoming or past) in three adjectives. cozy, personalized, laid-back
13. What is your favorite thing on your menu? I loved all our passed apps, but my favorite thing was one of our desserts - a peanut butter and chocolate pie
14. How involved is the groom in wedding planning? my husband was involved with about 75% of the decisions and took on the honeymoon, favors, DJ, and a few other projects on his own. He also wrote half the thank you notes!
15. Do you think planning your wedding is fun? Or has it been more of a struggle than you expected? I thought parts of it were fun but I found some of the details a little cumbersome and annoying. All in all, wedding planning turned out to be much easier than I anticipated.
16. What ONE thing at your wedding are you most excited about (other than actually getting married!)? There was a part of our ceremony that we spent a lot of time writing. It compared our relationship to the creation of a good homebrewed beer. I was especially excited for that part of the ceremony and to see how people reacted to it.
17. What ONE thing are you most disappointed that won't work for your wedding (because of money, location, whatever)? I was a bit disappointed that we had a very small rehearsal dinner. We sacrificed the size of the RD in order to have a big brunch the morning after the wedding. While I wouldn't change this decision, it would have been great to have both a large RD and the brunch.
18. Can you mashed potato? Can you do the twist? Do you like it like this? Yes, yes, and yes.
19. Is the wedding your ending up with the one you thought you would have when you first started imagining your wedding? Not really, because I never really imagined my wedding. Before we got engaged I wasn't even sure I wanted a real wedding. I figured we could just go down to the JOP and then throw a party afterwards. But as we started talking about what was important to us as a couple, it seemed natural and perfect to have the wedding we did.
20. Do you ever stop and think "holy crap, I'm getting married - how crazy!"? It's funny - I sort of separated the wedding planning from the wedding itself, if that makes any sense. The reality of actually getting married didn't hit me for a while, mainly b/c we already lived together, so it didn't seem like many things would change. The only day I really had the "holy crap" moment was the day before the wedding. I was insanely anxious and antsy that entire day. It wasn't really until I saw my husband at our first look that I got my wits about me again.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
1. 25 guests or 250 guests? 25 for sure, and that's what I'm aiming for!
2. first look or walking down the aisle? walking down the aisle
3. ceremony outside at a vineyard or up in the sky at a swanky hotel? swanky hotel in the sky!
4. fancy intricate ballgown or simple stunning sheath? intricate ballgown
5. colored shoes or classic bridal heels? classic bridal heels
6. just a MOH or 11 bridesmaids? MOH
8. chocolate cake with hazelnut filling or vanilla cake with strawberry filling? MMMM chocolate!
9. swing band playing the classics or DJ playing today's hits? DJ playing today's hits
10. candy bar or martini bar? candy bar (LOL)
11. honeymoon at a ski resort in the Alps or a beach in Fiji? ohhh this is a tough one...Ummm Ski Resort in the Alps

12. Describe your wedding (upcoming or past) in three adjectives. *hopefully* simple, elegant, romantic
13. What is your favorite thing on your menu? I don't have a menu yet, but I am hoping to have lobster!
14. How involved is the groom in wedding planning? I'd say he is more involved than most other guys
15. Do you think planning your wedding is fun? Or has it been more of a struggle than you expected? Struggle and I'm just getting started!
16. What ONE thing at your wedding are you most excited about (other than actually getting married!)? the honeymoon :naughty:
17. What ONE thing are you most disappointed that won't work for your wedding (because of money, location, whatever)? I probably won't get my seaside wedding, that's the most disappointing to me :(sad
18. Can you mashed potato? Can you do the twist? Do you like it like this? LOL Yes. Yes. No!
19. Is the wedding your ending up with the one you thought you would have when you first started imagining your wedding? Not at all
20. Do you ever stop and think "holy crap, I'm getting married - how crazy!"? lol not yet!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for putting that together sillyberry!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
vc, I wouldn't punk out on my own survey! But I did post and dash because my tummy was a rumbling...

~~~~~~~~~~~

If you have to pick (and you do!), in an ideal perfect world would you rather...

1. 25 guests or 250 guests? 25 guests
2. first look or walking down the aisle? first look
3. ceremony outside at a vineyard or up in the sky at a swanky hotel? vineyard!
4. fancy intricate ballgown or simple stunning sheath? ballgown
5. colored shoes or classic bridal heels? colored mega-high heels
6. just a MOH or 11 bridesmaids? just a MOH
7. groom in a tux or in seersucker? I'm totally a sucker for seersucker
8. chocolate cake with hazelnut filling or vanilla cake with strawberry filling? vanilla and strawberries
9. swing band playing the classics or DJ playing today's hits? swing band
10. candy bar or martini bar? martini bar
11. honeymoon at a ski resort in the Alps or a beach in Fiji? Fiji!

12. Describe your wedding (upcoming or past) in three adjectives. charming, unexpected, and FUN
13. What is your favorite thing on your menu? I think the trio of gazpacho (but the milkshake shooters in chocolate, peanut butter, and banana aren't bad, either! - apparently I like things in shot glasses)
14. How involved is the groom in wedding planning? not very - he went to the tasting and gave a bit of input on the save the date. He says that it's better this way, because I cut out the middleman (since I'm going to do what I want anyway), but I do wish he was a bit more excited about the planning
15. Do you think planning your wedding is fun? Or has it been more of a struggle than you expected? I've found the planning up until now to be really easy - I picked a location without looking at others, went with one caterer, am using my planner's company for floral and decor. The struggle has been more dealing with certain family members who are being...difficult.
16. What ONE thing at your wedding are you most excited about (other than actually getting married!)? Getting all the VERY disparate parts of my life together for one weekend. Probably the only time that'll ever happen!
17. What ONE thing are you most disappointed that won't work for your wedding (because of money, location, whatever)? I would have loved to have had drinking and dancing going on until the wee hours of the morning, but we have to be out of the venue by 11pm and I'm still not sure if we're even doing a full open bar
18. Can you mashed potato? Can you do the twist? Do you like it like this? not well, yes, and sometimes
19. Is the wedding your ending up with the one you thought you would have when you first started imagining your wedding? for the past several years I wanted to get married at The Goodstone Inn in Virginia, but it didn't make sense either financially or geographically. But I think the style of the wedding will be really similar anyway - outdoors, unfussy, but still romantic
20. Do you ever stop and think "holy crap, I'm getting married - how crazy!"? regularly. I mean, I'm not old enough to get married! Adults get married! I'm not an adult! I mean, I'm 29 and have a law degree, but I don't *feel* like an adult!

A

Anonymous

Oh fun survey, thank you for putting it together! :D

2. first look or walking down the aisle?walking down the aisle
3. ceremony outside at a vineyard or up in the sky at a swanky hotel? vineyard
4. fancy intricate ballgown or simple stunning sheath? ballgown
6. just a MOH or 11 bridesmaids? MOH
8. chocolate cake with hazelnut filling or vanilla cake with strawberry filling? vanilla w/strawberry - I think we're going w/lemon and raspberry filling
9. swing band playing the classics or DJ playing today's hits? band
10. candy bar or martini bar? candy bar
11. honeymoon at a ski resort in the Alps or a beach in Fiji? Can't ski...so Fiji!

12. Describe your wedding (upcoming or past) in three adjectives. Warm, Romantic, Beautiful
13. What is your favorite thing on your menu? I don't know yet! Probably the cake.
14. How involved is the groom in wedding planning? Pretty involved, which I like.
15. Do you think planning your wedding is fun? Or has it been more of a struggle than you expected? It's mostly fun. Some things are a struggle, but I think that's to be expected.
16. What ONE thing at your wedding are you most excited about (other than actually getting married!)? Walking down the aisle towards my FI with my daughters at my side.
17. What ONE thing are you most disappointed that won't work for your wedding (because of money, location, whatever)? My parents won't be there. :(sad
18. Can you mashed potato? Can you do the twist? Do you like it like this? Erm No, No and No.
19. Is the wedding your ending up with the one you thought you would have when you first started imagining your wedding? In the very beginning I thought it'd be here. Once we realized that it'd be in NY, it took shape pretty quickly and has gone how I imagined it would.
20. Do you ever stop and think "holy crap, I'm getting married - how crazy!"? Not recently! I did when we first got engaged and I'm sure I will again as it gets closer. :razz:

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Fun!
1. 25!
2. Walking down the aisle
3. Swanky hotel.
4. Sheath...assuming it fit well.
5. colour.
6. I don't know 11 girls! so just a MOH.
7. I don't know what a seersucker is, so...tux.
8. MmmMM...chocolate!!!
9. DJ with today's hits.
10. Candy...I don't drink martinis!
11. Beach in Fiji...for a honeymoon.

12. Simple, elegant, fun.
13. Hopefully something...different
14. As much as he can be, considering he works in Africa.
15. I hope it's fun, it hasn't begun yet, but with a planner, I expect more fun than stress.
16. Laughing with EVERYONE!
17. Type of food and decor.
18. LOL!
19.Probably not...my style has changed.
20. Yeah! I forget I'm actually a bride to be, because we've been engaged almost a year an a half.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
1. 25 guests or 250 guests? 250... we have a big family and 25 wouldn't cut it lol
2. first look or walking down the aisle? Walking down the aisle
3. ceremony outside at a vineyard or up in the sky at a swanky hotel? Vineyard
4. fancy intricate ballgown or simple stunning sheath? Fancy intricate ballgown
5. colored shoes or classic bridal heels? Classic heels but with bling :)
6. just a MOH or 11 bridesmaids? hmmm... somewhere in the middle? Ok, 11 bridesmaids
7. groom in a tux or in seersucker? Tux
8. chocolate cake with hazelnut filling or vanilla cake with strawberry filling? Chocolate with hazelnut
9. swing band playing the classics or DJ playing today's hits? oohh either, depended on my mood for the day lol.
10. candy bar or martini bar? Candy bar :)
11. honeymoon at a ski resort in the Alps or a beach in Fiji? Beach in Fiji

12. Describe your wedding (upcoming or past) in three adjectives. Fun, Romantic, "Us"
13. What is your favorite thing on your menu? Cheesecake
14. How involved is the groom in wedding planning? Very! Especially with the flowers and invitations! Go figure?!
15. Do you think planning your wedding is fun? Or has it been more of a struggle than you expected? More fun than I expected!
16. What ONE thing at your wedding are you most excited about (other than actually getting married!)? Photobooth!!
17. What ONE thing are you most disappointed that won't work for your wedding (because of money, location, whatever)? Chocolate Fountain :(
18. Can you mashed potato? Can you do the twist? Do you like it like this? Don't think so, yes, idk lol
19. Is the wedding your ending up with the one you thought you would have when you first started imagining your wedding? Pretty much, so far
20. Do you ever stop and think "holy crap, I'm getting married - how crazy!"? I have lol. But not in a bad way... in more of a "I'm so excited this is finally happening" way!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Great questions, sillyberry :appl:

1. 25 guests or 250 guests? 25 please!
2. first look or walking down the aisle? First look and then walking down the aisle together (I wish!)
3. ceremony outside at a vineyard or up in the sky at a swanky hotel? Vineyard- we'll be in a rotunda at a park
4. fancy intricate ballgown or simple stunning sheath? Stunning sheath (the Peter Langner New York, to be specific)
5. colored shoes or classic bridal heels? coloured!
6. just a MOH or 11 bridesmaids? Just a MOH (or none, which was my preference but not our current plan)
7. groom in a tux or in seersucker? He wants a tux, so I'll say tux.
8. chocolate cake with hazelnut filling or vanilla cake with strawberry filling? Both!
9. swing band playing the classics or DJ playing today's hits? Both! Okay, okay, swing band.
10. candy bar or martini bar? Hands down the candy bar. I don't drink much.
11. honeymoon at a ski resort in the Alps or a beach in Fiji? A week for FI at the ski resort, then a week for me at the beach

12. Describe your wedding (upcoming or past) in three adjectives. Intimate, meaningful, elegant
13. What is your favorite thing on your menu? The dessert buffet
14. How involved is the groom in wedding planning? Involved enough to veto many of my suggestions, but not involved enough to make his own! That said, he often changes his mind and comes around if I wait long enough.
15. Do you think planning your wedding is fun? Or has it been more of a struggle than you expected? More of a struggle with FI, but much less of a struggle with the families (aside from when FSIL wanted her wedding to be the weekend before ours at the other end of the state).
16. What ONE thing at your wedding are you most excited about (other than actually getting married!)? Seeing my friends have a great time (I really hope!)
17. What ONE thing are you most disappointed that won't work for your wedding (because of money, location, whatever)? The amazing dress. Selfish, superficial, but true ;(
18. Can you mashed potato? Can you do the twist? Do you like it like this? Absolutely :wacko:
19. Is the wedding your ending up with the one you thought you would have when you first started imagining your wedding? More traditional than I thought, but pretty close in terms of feel.
20. Do you ever stop and think "holy crap, I'm getting married - how crazy!"? Not yet really, but give it time... :shock:

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
sillyberry|1292012903|2793538 said:
20. Do you ever stop and think "holy crap, I'm getting married - how crazy!"? regularly. I mean, I'm not old enough to get married! Adults get married! I'm not an adult! I mean, I'm 29 and have a law degree, but I don't *feel* like an adult!

This times a thousand! Every time I think about buying our house, or our renovations, or having kids ( :shock: ) or ANYTHING, I think I'm not adult enough for that yet. I often tell FI we can do that stuff "when we grow up". Erm, I'm 27 and he's 29, I think we already qualify, but not in my mind...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ETA: I couldn't quite figure out how to make my responses a different color--sorry.

sillyberry|1292003781|2793352 said:
Things have been slow over here and I would love to get to know some of my fellow BIW (and anyone else who wants to play!) better, so I thought a wedding survey might be fun! What can I say, I'm a dork!

8. chocolate cake with hazelnut filling or vanilla cake with strawberry filling?

15. Do you think planning your wedding is fun? Or has it been more of a struggle than you expected?
16. What ONE thing at your wedding are you most excited about (other than actually getting married!)?
17. What ONE thing are you most disappointed that won't work for your wedding (because of money, location, whatever)?
19. Is the wedding your ending up with the one you thought you would have when you first started imagining your wedding?

I love survey! Survey says:

1. 25 guests or 250 guests? 250
3. ceremony outside at a vineyard or up in the sky at a swanky hotel? outside
4. fancy intricate ballgown or simple stunning sheath?v simple sheath
6. just a MOH or 11 bridesmaids?just a MOH
7. groom in a tux or in seersucker? seersucker
8. chocolate cake with hazelnut filling or vanilla cake with strawberry filling?choco/hazel
9. swing band playing the classics or DJ playing today's hits? swing band
10. candy bar or martini bar? candy bar AND martini bar!
11. honeymoon at a ski resort in the Alps or a beach in Fiji? Fiji

12. Describe your wedding (upcoming or past) in three adjectives.loving, eccentric, impactful
13. What is your favorite thing on your menu?your mom
14. How involved is the groom in wedding planning? too involved
15. Do you think planning your wedding is fun? Or has it been more of a struggle than you expected?no
17. What ONE thing are you most disappointed that won't work for your wedding (because of money, location, whatever)?people--too many
18. Can you mashed potato? Can you do the twist? Do you like it like this?I can do all of those and many more; dancing does not scare me or my groom!
19. Is the wedding your ending up with the one you thought you would have when you first started imagining your wedding? hmm. no. It's really completely different and better.
20. Do you ever stop and think "holy crap, I'm getting married - how crazy!"?[/quote]Absolutely. Who doesn't???

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock

1. 25 guests or 250 guests? 250 - the more, the merrier
2. first look or walking down the aisle?walking down the aisle - we did this and I had this overwhelming feeling of joy set in as I stepped onto the main aisle of the church and saw my man
3. ceremony outside at a vineyard or up in the sky at a swanky hotel?Swanky!
4. fancy intricate ballgown or simple stunning sheath?Fancy gown
5. colored shoes or classic bridal heels?Classic heels
6. just a MOH or 11 bridesmaids?MOH, or one plus very few BMs
7. groom in a tux or in seersucker?Tux
8. chocolate cake with hazelnut filling or vanilla cake with strawberry filling?I didn't have cake, but if I did - vanilla with strawberry
9. swing band playing the classics or DJ playing today's hits?DJ
10. candy bar or martini bar?Martini bar!
11. honeymoon at a ski resort in the Alps or a beach in Fiji?Beach in Fiji

12. Describe your wedding (upcoming or past) in three adjectives.Glamorous, timeless, unforgettable
13. What is your favorite thing on your menu?Wedding pies in five flavors - they were a hit
14. How involved is the groom in wedding planning? My hubby helped out a LOT with getting addresses for invites, vendor visits, and coordinating everything with his boys. He also put together most of the must-play list for the DJ and was a constant source of support any time things got a bit stressful.
15. Do you think planning your wedding is fun? Or has it been more of a struggle than you expected?I really enjoyed planning this event. I looked forward to the big day for months because I could not wait to see how everything would turn out.
16. What ONE thing at your wedding are you most excited about (other than actually getting married!)?Wearing the wedding gown that my mother made for me was a highlight of my wedding day - I felt like a movie star.
17. What ONE thing are you most disappointed that won't work for your wedding (because of money, location, whatever)?Looking back, I wish I could have spent more time getting ready with my bridesmaids on the day of the wedding. I had my hair and makeup done but did not request/require them to do so, and I was at the salon alone most of the morning. It would have been nice to have my best friend/MOH there, even though I was okay with being there by myself, since I do not see her often and would have really enjoyed her company.
18. Can you mashed potato? Can you do the twist? Do you like it like this?We watched a wedding dance DVD and my husband and I practiced our first dance for about three hours tops the week of the wedding. It was a beautiful, elegant end result and one of my favorite parts of the day. I got down with my bad self as much as possible after the party kicked into gear - our DJ was terrific!
19. Is the wedding your ending up with the one you thought you would have when you first started imagining your wedding? My wedding day was everything I wanted it to be. Would do all the most important parts the same way again if I had to do it over.
20. Do you ever stop and think "holy crap, I'm getting married - how crazy!"?Sure. And now, I stop and think, "Holy crap, I got married to that guy. I must be crazy!" LOL

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

1. 25 guests or 250 guests? 250 guests! Have way too many important friends and family, and FI and I like a good party!
2. first look or walking down the aisle? first look- it's a more private moment- and I know walking down the aisle will still have the anxious- happy excite feel anyway.
3. ceremony outside at a vineyard or up in the sky at a swanky hotel? swanky hotel with skyline view! we couldnt find one in price range since we live in the NYC area and it's too pricey for our 200 guests! :naughty:
4. fancy intricate ballgown or simple stunning sheath? fancy ballgown- silk- some swarovski beading...
6. just a MOH or 11 bridesmaids? 11! we are having 9 and we wanted those who mean the most to be included.
7. groom in a tux or in seersucker? tux!
8. chocolate cake with hazelnut filling or vanilla cake with strawberry filling? vanilla with strawberry!
9. swing band playing the classics or DJ playing today's hits? Dj with top hits
11. honeymoon at a ski resort in the Alps or a beach in Fiji? FIJI :bigsmile:

classy- party-personal

sushi rolling station during cocktail hour!

writing the checks :naughty: and very involved with the menu and music!

super fun- sometimes the money part gets me a little anxious though.

cocktail hour! sushi roller- hot dog cart lol. I plan on eating

our dream was new years eve- on the hudson at a location with floor to ceiling windows overlooking NYC skyline.... darn budget!

18. Can you mashed potato? Can you do the twist? Do you like it like this? lol. hate all of the traditional wedding songs!

It was a combination of plan A and plan B. we have the plan B date and location (summer -outdoor venue) but the colors, style, menu. and guests are exactly what we wanted....

all the time.... especially when I thnk about having to write the ceremony! :shock:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
forgot a few responses...

classic bridal heels....

martini bar....

lol. I totally like the swanky- black&white- crystal - glitter feel...!

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
Ooh this is fun!
1. 25 guests or 250 guests? 250...want the whole family there!
2. first look or walking down the aisle?walking down the aisle
3. ceremony outside at a vineyard or up in the sky at a swanky hotel?vineyard!
4. fancy intricate ballgown or simple stunning sheath?I can't pick something in the middle?! Hmm...well then I think I would say simple stunning sheath
5. colored shoes or classic bridal heels?absolutely need some color
6. just a MOH or 11 bridesmaids?11 :)
7. groom in a tux or in seersucker?tux
8. chocolate cake with hazelnut filling or vanilla cake with strawberry filling?vanilla with strawberry filling
9. swing band playing the classics or DJ playing today's hits?love bands
10. candy bar or martini bar?martini bar
11. honeymoon at a ski resort in the Alps or a beach in Fiji?Fiji!!

12. Describe your wedding (upcoming or past) in three adjectives. romantic, elegant, fun!
13. What is your favorite thing on your menu?appetizers recreated from the restaurant where we met
14. How involved is the groom in wedding planning? More involved that I thought he would be! haha He has an opinion on most things. But I think I still have most of the creative control :)
15. Do you think planning your wedding is fun? Or has it been more of a struggle than you expected? Definitely fun, but there are definitely some stressors. It is a struggle to make yourself and fiance happy while still making it something all the guests look forward to as well. And there are SO many decisions!!
16. What ONE thing at your wedding are you most excited about (other than actually getting married!)?The first dance. I can't wait to have that moment with my (then) husband
17. What ONE thing are you most disappointed that won't work for your wedding (because of money, location, whatever)?I had really, really, really wanted a winery wedding, but it just didn't make sense. It was so inconvenient for our guests. But I am super excited about the venue we found right in the city.
18. Can you mashed potato? Can you do the twist? Do you like it like this? YES! I love love love to dance!
19. Is the wedding your ending up with the one you thought you would have when you first started imagining your wedding? Yes, pretty much. Aside from giving up the winery theme, everything else is pretty close to what I had been imaging
20. Do you ever stop and think "holy crap, I'm getting married - how crazy!"? Haha all the time! And I can't wait :)

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock

2. first look or walking down the aisle? First Look
3. ceremony outside at a vineyard or up in the sky at a swanky hotel? Outside at a vineyard
4. fancy intricate ballgown or simple stunning sheath? Intricate Ballgown
5. colored shoes or classic bridal heels? Colored Shoes
7. groom in a tux or in seersucker? Seersucker
8. chocolate cake with hazelnut filling or vanilla cake with strawberry filling? Vanilla Cake with Strawberry Filling
9. swing band playing the classics or DJ playing today's hits? DJ playing today's hits
10. candy bar or martini bar? Martini Bar for guest preference as opposed to my own

12. Describe your wedding (upcoming or past) in three adjectives. Rustic, Beautiful, and Fun
13. What is your favorite thing on your menu? Crab Cake Appetizer!!
14. How involved is the groom in wedding planning? Not at all and he prefers it that way
15. Do you think planning your wedding is fun? Or has it been more of a struggle than you expected? Definitely FUN!
16. What ONE thing at your wedding are you most excited about (other than actually getting married!)? The "First Look" we get to see eachother for the first time!
17. What ONE thing are you most disappointed that won't work for your wedding (because of money, location, whatever)? Having more people - our venue is going to be amazing but there are a people I am sad that I just didn't have the added $ to add to the guest list.
18. Can you mashed potato? Can you do the twist? Do you like it like this? Definitely not a great dancer but a lot of my friends are!
19. Is the wedding your ending up with the one you thought you would have when you first started imagining your wedding? No... it has far exceeded any dream I ever had. I feel so incredibly lucky.
20. Do you ever stop and think "holy crap, I'm getting married - how crazy!"? Definitely and I love thinking about being his wife!

Tigarlily1

Rough_Rock

2. first look or walking down the aisle? Walking Down the Aisle
3. ceremony outside at a vineyard or up in the sky at a swanky hotel? Vineyard
4. fancy intricate ballgown or simple stunning sheath? Ballgown
5. colored shoes or classic bridal heels? Bridal Heels
6. just a MOH or 11 bridesmaids? Just Maid of Honor
7. groom in a tux or in seersucker? Tuxedo
8. chocolate cake with hazelnut filling or vanilla cake with strawberry filling? Vanilla Cake with Strawberry filling
9. swing band playing the classics or DJ playing today's hits? DJ-man
10. candy bar or martini bar? Candy Bar
11. honeymoon at a ski resort in the Alps or a beach in Fiji? Beach Honeymoon

12. Describe your wedding (upcoming or past) in three adjectives. Fun, Light, Happy
13. What is your favorite thing on your menu? Cake
14. How involved is the groom in wedding planning? Not too much
15. Do you think planning your wedding is fun? Or has it been more of a struggle than you expected? Wedding planning is not fun.. but not as bad as I thought
16. What ONE thing at your wedding are you most excited about (other than actually getting married!)? Our First Dance
17. What ONE thing are you most disappointed that won't work for your wedding (because of money, location, whatever)? The DJ doesn't have a video screen
18. Can you mashed potato? Can you do the twist? Do you like it like this? Yes... bring it on. But don't forget the electric slide and the cha-cha either
19. Is the wedding your ending up with the one you thought you would have when you first started imagining your wedding? yes
20. Do you ever stop and think "holy crap, I'm getting married - how crazy!"? YES all the time

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. 25 guests or 250 guests? Um, somewhere in between. We had around 110-120 (I can't remember!). I can't imagine having 250 guests!
2. first look or walking down the aisle? Walking down the aisle.
3. ceremony outside at a vineyard or up in the sky at a swanky hotel? Ceremony outside. I loved our venue.
4. fancy intricate ballgown or simple stunning sheath? I'm all for simple but a sheath plus my body type don't mix. :bigsmile:
5. colored shoes or classic bridal heels? Classic, no higher than 1", chunky heel. How do people wear "real" heels?
6. just a MOH or 11 bridesmaids? Just a MOH.
7. groom in a tux or in seersucker? Tux.
8. chocolate cake with hazelnut filling or vanilla cake with strawberry filling? Chocolate cake with hazelnut filling.
9. swing band playing the classics or DJ playing today's hits? DJ, as long as he doesn't break out the party things. I hate that.
10. candy bar or martini bar? Candy bar. Not really a drinker.
11. honeymoon at a ski resort in the Alps or a beach in Fiji? Beach!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

12. Describe your wedding (upcoming or past) in three adjectives. Meaningful, pretty, fun.
13. What is your favorite thing on your menu? Everything! Our venue is a restaurant, and the food is always outstanding.
14. How involved is the groom in wedding planning? My husband was pretty involved. My mom and I did a lot of the leg work to find a few venues we liked but he was on board as soon as he visited our top favorite. The only thing (I think) that he didn't get involved with were the flowers.
15. Do you think planning your wedding is fun? Or has it been more of a struggle than you expected? We had a 14 month engagement. It was great -- some months were busy but others weren't at all. We could do things at a somewhat leisurely pace.
16. What ONE thing at your wedding are you most excited about (other than actually getting married!)? Spending time with family and friends before and after the wedding day.
17. What ONE thing are you most disappointed that won't work for your wedding (because of money, location, whatever)? We had to change our honeymoon destination and we didn't have the greatest time where we ended up going. It was stressful.
18. Can you mashed potato? Can you do the twist? Do you like it like this? NO!
19. Is the wedding your ending up with the one you thought you would have when you first started imagining your wedding? I never really could picture my wedding day. I never imagined my dress or anything like that. Once we got into the beginning stages of planning, we decided that we wanted a jazz brunch reception without dancing. We were talked out of that but I think that would have been more US than the wedding we had. Don't get me wrong, it was a great day, but we did end up with something different than what we originally wanted. Oh, I didn't want to wear a wedding dress. I ended up in one. My husband was going to wear a suit. He ended up in a tux. We wanted a relaxing party. We had a more traditional ceremony and reception.
20. Do you ever stop and think "holy crap, I'm getting married - how crazy!"? Yes. As I said above, I was never one to imagine my wedding day. I always thought (regarding marriage), if it happens, great. If not, that's okay too. I'm glad it happened though!

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock

12. Describe your wedding (upcoming or past) in three adjectives. Joyful, Holy, Intimate
13. What is your favorite thing on your menu? Chocolate truffles
14. How involved is the groom in wedding planning? He had some input and veto power and made random comments about the budget, but this is the guy who asked two days before the wedding what he should do about boutonnieres because months before I had told him that the groom traditionally pays for that... I just laughed. They had been chosen several weeks ago and paid for with the rest of my floral bill. That being said, he totally took care of planning and paying for the honeymoon without any reminding from me:)
15. Do you think planning your wedding is fun? Or has it been more of a struggle than you expected? It was challenging and overwhelming at times, but also fun because I got to express my style and put on a great event for all my family and friends. Seeing them enjoy themselves made the day even more special, and all the compliments afterwards made me proud.
16. What ONE thing at your wedding are you most excited about (other than actually getting married!)? I was most excited to see everything set up at the reception as far as planning goes. I was also looking forward to getting to spend time with my husband - we had been so busy for the week before doing separate things
17. What ONE thing are you most disappointed that won't work for your wedding (because of money, location, whatever)? I wasn't disappointed about anything afterward
19. Is the wedding your ending up with the one you thought you would have when you first started imagining your wedding? It evolved but kept the same feel I think

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FUN!!!

1. 25 guests or 250 guests?25
2. first look or walking down the aisle?down the aisle
3. ceremony outside at a vineyard or up in the sky at a swanky hotel? vineyard :love:
4. fancy intricate ballgown or simple stunning sheath? sheath? i dunno. ballgowns aren't for me, but i might not look great in a sheath.
5. colored shoes or classic bridal heels? colored shoes!!!!
6. just a MOH or 11 bridesmaids?MOH
8. chocolate cake with hazelnut filling or vanilla cake with strawberry filling? vanilla
9. swing band playing the classics or DJ playing today's hits? DJ
10. candy bar or martini bar? MARTINI
11. honeymoon at a ski resort in the Alps or a beach in Fiji? beach baby!

12. Describe your wedding (upcoming or past) in three adjectives. Fun, emotional, whimsical
13. What is your favorite thing on your menu? crabcakes!
14. How involved is the groom in wedding planning? Very - planned the whole menu and drink list.
15. Do you think planning your wedding is fun? Or has it been more of a struggle than you expected? i hated it
16. What ONE thing at your wedding are you most excited about (other than actually getting married!)? my wedding party did the hustle. fanstastic.
17. What ONE thing are you most disappointed that won't work for your wedding (because of money, location, whatever)? I would have liked to get married outside, but had to get married in December
18. Can you mashed potato? Can you do the twist? Do you like it like this? huh?
19. Is the wedding your ending up with the one you thought you would have when you first started imagining your wedding? no. it was sooooo much better!!!
I did many many times ::)

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
OK so I am answering as a newly wed and not a BIW, but I thought it would be fun

1. 25 guests or 250 guests? Twenty-five. My wedding was only 55 guests and it was perfect for me.
2. first look or walking down the aisle? I did first look and don't regret it one bit. Those photos are some of our favorites.
3. ceremony outside at a vineyard or up in the sky at a swanky hotel? This one is easy, vineyard, I got married at one! It was perfect for me.
4. fancy intricate ballgown or simple stunning sheath? This is a hard one, I would have to choose the sheath. I had a trumpet gown, and before the train was bustled, I really did not like how immobile I was (my BM's had to help me a lot). But once it was bustled I loved it, and I loved having the volume in the skirt, it was fun to dance in.
5. colored shoes or classic bridal heels? I went for gold shoes with silver crystals, it was a cross between both
6. just a MOH or 11 bridesmaids? Well 4 BM's was way too much drama, I was sad to see it drop to 3, but the drama really went down after that happened and planning my wedding became much more fun. So between the 2 choices, I would say a MOH.
7. groom in a tux or in seersucker?My husband would not wear anything but a tux, so I did not have a choice on that one. If our wedding was more casual, or a beach wedding, I would have been happy with a seersucker suit.
8. chocolate cake with hazelnut filling or vanilla cake with strawberry filling?Before I went cake tasting I would have said chocolate, but I found most of the chocolate cakes to rich and actually went for a white cake with a raspberry filling
9. swing band playing the classics or DJ playing today's hits? DJ! But our DJ did both the classics and the hits.
10. candy bar or martini bar? Martini bar for sure.
11. honeymoon at a ski resort in the Alps or a beach in Fiji? I really am not a cold weather fan, so this is a no brainer.

12. Describe your wedding (upcoming or past) in three adjectives. Elegant, fun, memorable. At least that is how I hope people remember it.
13. What is your favorite thing on your menu? It all tasted good to me. I loved the spring rolls they served during the cocktail hour.
14. How involved is the groom in wedding planning? More than most I think. My job kept me pretty busy, and being that I am in a small town, he often had to run the errands during the week. He had a very strong opinion on the groom's attire, and invitations. We really had to compromise on the invites. He wanted black engraved on Craine's paper, and I wanted something that reflected the colors and theme of our wedding. We were both happy with the final choice.
15. Do you think planning your wedding is fun? Or has it been more of a struggle than you expected? I was expecting it to be a struggle, but it was not as bad as I thought. At the same time, I am glad it is over.
16. What ONE thing at your wedding are you most excited about (other than actually getting married!)? If I had to pick one...my dress.
17. What ONE thing are you most disappointed that won't work for your wedding (because of money, location, whatever)? My wedding planner was not a very good wedding planner and actually added more stress to the wedding day.
18. Can you mashed potato? Can you do the twist? Do you like it like this? None of the above
19. Is the wedding your ending up with the one you thought you would have when you first started imagining your wedding? For the most part yes, I look at my photos and think, wow, this is exactly what I wanted, and I was able to make it happen! With the help of my family and friends of course.
20. Do you ever stop and think "holy crap, I'm getting married - how crazy!"? Several times, I still can't believe I am married sometimes.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
1. 25 guests or 250 guests? 25, there is something very appealing to me about a small wedding.
2. first look or walking down the aisle? First look, I think it can be done very intimately.
3. ceremony outside at a vineyard or up in the sky at a swanky hotel? Up in the sky at a swanky hotel
4. fancy intricate ballgown or simple stunning sheath? Simple stunning sheath
5. colored shoes or classic bridal heels? Colored shoes
7. groom in a tux or in seersucker? Groom in a tux
8. chocolate cake with hazelnut filling or vanilla cake with strawberry filling? Chocolate cake with hazelnut filling
9. swing band playing the classics or DJ playing today's hits? Dj playing todays hits
10. candy bar or martini bar? Martini bar

12. Describe your wedding (upcoming or past) in three adjectives. Non-traditional, exciting, food!!!!
13. What is your favorite thing on your menu? Worst question! We're going with Stephen Starr Catering (owner of 18 restaurants in Philadelphia/Manhattan so honestly, EVERYTHING. Big chunk of our budget will go on that.
14. How involved is the groom in wedding planning? Right in the middle. I don't make decisions without his input
15. Do you think planning your wedding is fun? Or has it been more of a struggle than you expected? I hired a wedding planner so it has been fun. Is it what I expected? So far, no. It's been very very different than what I thought it would be
16. What ONE thing at your wedding are you most excited about (other than actually getting married!)? The absolutely amazing food that will be served
17. What ONE thing are you most disappointed that won't work for your wedding (because of money, location, whatever)?That my wedding can't go on till 3 am like a typical Russian wedding. I guess thats what after parties are for, right :)
18. Can you mashed potato? Can you do the twist? Do you like it like this? Haaa
19. Is the wedding your ending up with the one you thought you would have when you first started imagining your wedding? Yes, very close to it
20. Do you ever stop and think "holy crap, I'm getting married - how crazy!"? Yes and I also think, is it REALLY worth spending all this money for ONE day?!

slg47

Ideal_Rock

3. ceremony outside at a vineyard or up in the sky at a swanky hotel? vineyard, always wanted an outdoor ceremony
4. fancy intricate ballgown or simple stunning sheath? ballgown, I am too curvy for a sheath dress!
5. colored shoes or classic bridal heels? can I pick cowboy boots? we'll go classic bridal
6. just a MOH or 11 bridesmaids? definitely don't know 11 people to ask, so just MOH (or man of honor!)
8. chocolate cake with hazelnut filling or vanilla cake with strawberry filling? vanilla with strawberry
9. swing band playing the classics or DJ playing today's hits? DJ!
10. candy bar or martini bar? candy candy candy candy
11. honeymoon at a ski resort in the Alps or a beach in Fiji? beach all the way!

12. Describe your wedding (upcoming or past) in three adjectives. in the future (ok, that's three words but not three adjectives...we haven't really started planning!)
13. What is your favorite thing on your menu? our rehearsal dinner is BBQ
14. How involved is the groom in wedding planning? somewhat? we haven't really started...
15. Do you think planning your wedding is fun? Or has it been more of a struggle than you expected? so far, fun!
16. What ONE thing at your wedding are you most excited about (other than actually getting married!)? my dress!
17. What ONE thing are you most disappointed that won't work for your wedding (because of money, location, whatever)? nothing, so far!
18. Can you mashed potato? Can you do the twist? Do you like it like this? i like it like that
19. Is the wedding your ending up with the one you thought you would have when you first started imagining your wedding? no, I wanted a dress with puffy Cinderella sleeves when I was 6
20. Do you ever stop and think "holy crap, I'm getting married - how crazy!"? yes!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results