shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridal Shower

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I hear a rumor that a bridal shower is being planned for me....Are people who will not be invited to the wedding invited to the shower????

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2008 1:10:43 AM
Author:UCLABelle
I hear a rumor that a bridal shower is being planned for me....Are people who will not be invited to the wedding invited to the shower????
My understanding is that with any pre-wedding activities (engagement party, showers, etc.), all guests invited are supposed to also be invited to the wedding, unless the wedding is unusually small (distance, immediate family only, etc.).

I could be wrong, though...

Are you worried that the people doing the inviting for your (surprise?) shower won't be taking your wedding invite list into account?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Musey is spot on...I believe that typically bridal shower guests consist of only those who are actually invited to the wedding itself.

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
Musey and Monarch are correct.

However, I have been to showers where the bride invites friends who are not invited to the wedding... those guest did not show up at the shower though.

Exceptions are when coworkers/classmates set up a shower with just your coworkers/classmates. Or when you have a small wedding or DW.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...That makes sense. I think they are inviting a few others to the shower who are not invited to the wedding only because I am having such a small wedding (25 people, immediate family and one friend only). It is just a evening catholic mass and dinner. I will spread the word to discourage this :)

pinkprincessnovo

Rough_Rock
LOL funny thing when i had my bridal shower i had the same question ....
I love your ring by the way where is it from?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Musey, in that I think only people that are going to the wedding are invited to the shower, unless you''re eloping or family only wedding. That''s cool that they''re planning it!

julabean

Shiny_Rock
My bridal shower is this weekend and the way everyone else suggested is the way we''re doing it. We''re having a destination wedding, but having upwards up 60 people attending, so only the women invited to the wedding were invited to the shower. We''re having a larger reception at the end of May, but unless the person is invited to the wedding itself, she wasn''t invited to the shower.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results