shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridal Shower gift?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chels7

Rough_Rock
So i''m invited to a bridal shower in a few weeks and the bride is not registerd
emangry.gif
. I have NO idea what to get her, so I was wondering if you could give me ideas of some stuff every soon-to-be-married couple would need or want?

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Do you know if they''re planning on registering and are just dragging their feet?

As for what every couple would want, I''m not sure. You probably don''t want to hear this, but it depends on the couple. Are they into cooking? Then, maybe some nice pans or knives?

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
are u totally sure she is not registered ?...some ettiquette states that a "i am registered at..." card is tacky to include in an invite, so the guests ask around to find out if there is a registry. If the answer is still no, i would consider the following
1) gift card (impersonal but useful)
2) items like white towels, nice cotton sheets or linens that are not ''decor specific'' always work
3) if you know where she is going on her honeymoon or what the couple''s hobbies are, you can get her something different like this--sometimes showers have themes to play with...

good luck

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 4:41:17 PM
Author: Jas12
are u totally sure she is not registered ?...some ettiquette states that a ''i am registered at...'' card is tacky to include in an invite, so the guests ask around to find out if there is a registry.

Good point. If you haven''t tried it already, you can search for the couple''s registries on The Knot and Wedding Channel''s websites. Try a few of the stores that couples often register at - Bed Bath and Beyond, Crate and Barrel, Williams-Sonoma, Macys, Target, etc.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would check on theknot.com under their ''registry finder'' to make sure she''s not registered at any of the common places. That search engine looks through a bunch of stores.

If she''s really not registered, I would probably include a gift receipt with whatever I ended up purchasing.

Set of melamine bowls with matching dishtowels and some muffin or scone mixes?
His n hers personalized aprons with a cookbook?

Williams Sonoma Bride and Groom Cookbook
Bride and Groom First and Forever Cookbook (I have this, it''s cute)

broadway

Rough_Rock
A ceramic-blade knife! Our friend''s wife got him one (the pink breast cancer one,very cute, especially for a husband
emteeth.gif
) and it''s super sharp and something you might not think to get yourself. We were all jealous of it!

Chels7

Rough_Rock
I know for a fact that they are not registered and they don''t plan on it either, which is why i''m confused as to why she is even having one, but thanks for the ideas so far!

Oh and i''d rather not give a gift card since I feel like everyone will be getting them, so I guess I kinda wanted to liven the party and actually giver her something to open!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 5:13:55 PM
Author: Chels7
I know for a fact that they are not registered and they don't plan on it either, which is why i'm confused as to why she is even having one, but thanks for the ideas so far!

Oh and i'd rather not give a gift card since I feel like everyone will be getting them, so I guess I kinda wanted to liven the party and actually giver her something to open!
If you REALLY wanted to liven up the party, you could always give her a cute lingerie set!! There are lots of matching sets (chemise and robe) at Victoria's Secret that are pretty but not too raunchy... in case any conservative relatives will be attending!
2.gif

ETA -- Example: Satin chemise and robe

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and i''d rather not give a gift card since I feel like everyone will be getting them, so I guess I kinda wanted to liven the party and actually giver her something to open!
Two words: Victoria''s Secret.
11.gif

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 5:46:23 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Two words: Victoria''s Secret.
11.gif

Agreed. Include the gift slip, and you really cant go wrong with that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results