shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridal shower games for large groups?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I''m posting this for a girlfriend who''s at a loss for shower games!! Please respond if you have any good ones!!!

Hi,
I need a little help.

I am in charge of games for Annie''s bridal shower.
the problem is, she is having FIFTY guests at this shower... I know of
games for a group of 10, but 50? I am also in charge of prizes.
I have been looking online but wanted to ask if any of you ladies had
seen or played any large group games that were tried and true?

youngster

Shiny_Rock
Here''s one I''ve done for a couple of showers I''ve given. Get some old photos of the bride from her or, even better, from her mother. These photos should range anywhere from birth and childhood through the teenage years to recent ones. Label each photo on the back with a number to identify it. Then, have the shower guests write down how old the bride is in each photo, next to the number that identifies the photo. The one with the most correct is the winner. The nice thing about this game is that all of the photos can be passed around and discussed. Lots of memories surface. Everyone "oohs" and "ahs" at how cute the bride was as a child or teenager or whatever. You can use as many photos as you like to keep the game going for as long or as short a time as you have (since everyone will have to have a guess for every photo.) I think I used about 12 photos the last time I did this.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Fun!! Thanks so much for posting this
1.gif
Any others?

njc

Brilliant_Rock
The purse scavenger hunt. Ive done this at bridal and baby showers.

Make up a list of items that you think people will have in their purses and hand them out to everyone with pens and let them dig through and find the items on the list. Each item has a point value, whoever has the most points at the end has to show all the items (or atleast the crazy ones) they marked on the list.

Here is a real quick example. The more common things have the lower point values, the more outrages, the more points:

2 Point Items:
Dollar bill
Lipstick/gloss/chapstick
Drivers Lisence
Keys

5 Point Items:
Address book
Tissues
Pen
gum/candy
Cell phone

10 Point Items:
Pictures of kids/grandkids
Rolaids
Tylenol/Advil/Asprin
Crackers/snacks

15 Point Items:
Panty Hose
Scissors
Razor
$100 bill

20 Point Items:
Condom
Flask
Boxer shorts

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Another one is matching the famous couples. Hand out paper with names of brides and grooms and whoever has the most correct matches wins.

If you plan on serving food mark the bottom of one or more plates with something and place them randomly in the stack. When i did this i marked one plate with bride, one plate with groom. Whoever got those plates won a prize. I had paper plates so they were easy to mark, but you could always use masking tape or paper and tape.

One more is the clothes pin game. Not sure this will work with so many people, but it could, you just might end up with multiple winners (people with the same # of pins). Everyone gets a clothes pin when they come in. Once everyone is there you tell them they cant say one or more words. I picked the grooms name and honeymoon. If you hear someone say that word, you take their clothes pin. Everyone is still in until the end of the party, or you say its over. Whoever has the most pins at the end is the winner.

Hope these help and will work!
1.gif

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
This one takes a bit of prior planning and coordination, but it usually pretty fun. It''s shower gift bingo. Make a bunch of bingo cards with tiny pictures (or words) of what the couple has registered for and then, as the Bride is opening gifts, the guests get to mark off the presents she opens that match the pictures on their cards.

When I did it we had 30 people, and about 20 played. I had made in advance 12 different cards and then just copied them. I went online to the brides registry, printed out the lists, with the thumbnail pictures on a color printer several times and then just cut and pasted the pics in random order onto heavy colored construction paper. It made the gift opening part of the shower something that everyone could be invovled with and therefore it didn''t seem like it went on for SO long. We had different little prizes for winning certain bingo combinations, like, first with all four corners, first with an X on the card, first with a heart on the card.

It was kind of a fun game, and people seemed to like it. (BTW, not orginially my idea, I saw it done one time at a baby shower.)

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
these are great, thank you!!

mustang9

Rough_Rock
Here are a couple of games.

The Bridal Bingo is great and I have done it before. I made a blank bingo template and I had the guest fill them in while they waited for the guest of honor to arrive. I also collected and redistributed the "cards", so people didn''t get to play with their own. It is funny to listen to them complain since they set the card up to be a winner.

Also, and this requires work prior to the event. Ask the groom to be, questions about him. Like, how does he like his steak cooked? What does he like on his hamburgers? What was his first girlfriends name? Where did he and the bride meet meet? What did she have for dinner the night he proposed? Sports questions, relationship questions, and growing up questions, all work well. Then put 1 question and 1 answer on a card and give one card to each guest. When the bride open''s the guest''s present, that guest asks their question. It is fun to see how much the bride knows about the groom.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock

How about something similar to the Newlywed game-

you have to film the groom prior to the shower and ask questions, like:

What is your pet name for each other?
What is his/her favorite food?
How did the bride and groom meet?
Where did they go on their first date?
On which date did you first kiss?
What is his favorite food?
What is his favorite restaurant?
What is his favorite animal?
Who was your first boyfriend?
What is your least favorite outfit that your bride to be wear''s that she loves?
Where is the craziest place you have had sex?

At the bridal shower, read the questions to the bride. After she answers hit play on the VCR to see his answer...I filmed a wall between each question, so I knew when to hit the pause button in between questions to not overlap to the next. You can also just write his response on index cards and read them outloud, but it was a real riot seeing the groom on TV and hearing him say the answers…We have done this twice and both times it was a huge hit.
At the end too, the groom can say something cute to the bride and guests, makes for an AHHHHH moment-
3.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, guys!!

This is so helpful
1.gif

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
We had one that was so much fun. You divide the entire group into sub-groups of 4 or 5 each. Those sub-groups pick one person to be their "bride". Each group gets a roll of toilet paper and some tape. They all "dress" the bride in their version of a bridal gown. The creativity was amazing and the "dresses" were all different. Of course you need one "senior" member to be the judge. They all had a ball doing this and our winning toilet paper bride was complete with T.P veil and all !!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results