shape
carat
color
clarity

bridal shower/bachelorette: who pays?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
is it just the bridal party or all guests?

i''m feeling bad for having my BM''s pay so much $!

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Hi Janine!

I'm currently a BRIDESMAID so I thought I'd jump in and answer your question. I think whoever hosts the shower pays. So, if it's hosted by the bridesmaids then they would split the costs. If it's hosted by coworkers or your church, then they would pay for the cost. I've never heard of invited guests sharing in the cost.

As for the bachelorette party, I would think that everyone pays for their own since it's more of a "party" than a shower for the bride. In my area, most bachelorette parties consist of going out together or having a get together at someone's house. The cost would only be what the guest ate or drank, or any fun gifts for the bride they wanted to throw in.

Don't feel bad about your bridesmaids paying for things. Usually they know when they accept your invitation to be a bridesmaid that they will have to pay for a dress, shoes, accessories, AND help host a bridal shower and attend the bachelorette party. They should take that into consideration before agreeing. You, of course, can get your hosts a little thank you gift to show appreciation.

Good luck!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
thanks righttime!

how''re things with you? is the bridesmaid thing going ok?

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Oh yeah, I''m the model bridesmaid...
12.gif
organized the shower, helped plan the bachelorette party, got my lovely dress altered and ready to wear! I really do like my shoes though! The wedding''s in 6 weeks. Wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results