shape
carat
color
clarity

BRIDAL JEWELRY: Nadri necklace!! HELP!!!

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock
http://www.lordandtaylor.com/cubic-zirconia-pear-drop-necklace-2.shtml

i found that necklace at local bloomingdale's for clearance sale at $200. i can't find it anywhere else for that price, and matter of fact i think it might even be discontinued! i can't seem to be able to find it anywhere else :errrr:

my heart was totally pit-a-pat x 100000000 when i saw it and when i put it on........... oh my gosh.

i had just gone on to my first round of wedding dress shopping two days ago so when i saw this ....i felt "I NEED THIS".

but i'm scared for several reasons:
1. is it too expensive?
2. is it too gaudy? would it be too much on a wedding dress? i'm thinking of A-line or ball gown type of dress, most likely with some kind of organza or lacey material.
3. would i be able to wear it anywhere else or would it be a one time use / admire at home piece??
4. if it was nordstrom i would've bought it in a heartbeat, because i know they would give me ample time to really decide whether i want to keep it or not... (though once it's bought there's no way it's leaving my hand!! :naughty: ) but the fact it's from bloomingdale's is scaring me (have bad experience before).

i'm seriously trying to calm myself and preventing myself from bolting out the door and buying that thing right now.

are there other necklaces that are like this but cheaper? can you answer some of my worries that i've listed above??

in terms of the other jewelry i'll be wearing on my wedding day will be as followed:

1. probably some kind of tiara + chapel length veil (i'll be getting married in a church and my mom's adamant about me wearing long veil -- the veil will have either lace or crystals at the edges)
2. earring - can be big chandelier type if the necklace is simple; or if i buy the above necklace, it might be a simple crystal dangle or a stud
3. necklace
4. e-ring and wedding ring
5. my mom's diamond tennis bracelet (........i really want to wear this except...it has yellow gold base. so i'm not 100% sure yet)

what do you think??? HELP!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
So, this wasn't the first thing I typed, but the more I thought about it - I think that much CZ is a bit costume-y for a wedding. I don't mind a bit, particularly on earrings, but that's a lot on a very prominent necklace.

For me, I would go really simple and dainty with the rest of your jewelry and let the tiara be the standout piece of bling.

However, it isn't my wedding, I'm not wearing it, and I've never seen it in person. You have! If you love it and can afford it, I don't think it is unreasonable to purchase. I know Bloomies has given you trouble in the past, but I think it's a risk worth taking. Keep the receipt and return it if you discover that it doesn't quite go with whatever dress you ultimately pick out.

Or, you buy it and rock it out with a slinky black top and a pair of sky-high heels at your bachelorette party. :naughty:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
My gut reaction is to say wait until you have your dress to buy your jewelry. That type of necklace may look smashing with the simple neckline of one dress, and completely compete with delicate beading on another.

That being said, if the necklace speaks to you and you can afford it, grab it! I'm SURE you'll find another place to rock it (just like SB said)!!!

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock
thanks guys! yea... it wouldn't go with any really ornate (top) wedding gown. i tried some with lots of crystals and beads on the top and it didn't really go well with me it was too much, so i'm leaning towards more clean line. most likely lace if anything and not beads, so i was thinking i would dress it up with the jewelry choices.

oooooooo i'm still in a dillemma. i think i'd feel better if i knew it would still be available few months down the line, but just the quick search i've done on the piece is making my heart feel desperate to go grab it. :( i'll have to wait a few more days, sleep on it, and maybe make it into a reward for something to justify it......if i get it. :( :(

ohhhhhh i'm such a mess :(

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Sweetietooth, though the necklace is gorgeous, how much wear will it get after your wedding? It seems to be a very formal "Special occasion only" peice

I don't know anything about your finances, but $200 is a lot of money in my books (food for a month). It sounds like you'll be pretty ornamented already on your wedding day - The old advice "put on all your accessories, then remove one before leaving the house" might apply here, especially if you're wearing a tiara.

I'd hold off until you know what dress you're getting.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
maybe you could try rent the runway ? you could rent a special piece for a fraction of the price ;-)

my daughter is getting married in Sept. She will wear 2 different necklaces, one sentimental for the ceremony and another,
more of a statement piece for the reception. She's removing her veil for the reception, thinking it would be too much with
her veil.

best of luck !!

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
vc10um|1295825488|2830821 said:
My gut reaction is to say wait until you have your dress to buy your jewelry. That type of necklace may look smashing with the simple neckline of one dress, and completely compete with delicate beading on another.

That being said, if the necklace speaks to you and you can afford it, grab it! I'm SURE you'll find another place to rock it (just like SB said)!!!

I totally agree with this.

And SweetieTooth -- your e-ring is GORGEOUS!!! SWOON!

ac719

Shiny_Rock
I say wait until you have a dress. I already had some jewels i loved until i found my dress and they didnt match AT ALL! I LOVE my dress way more than the necklace etc...
its pretty though! maybe itll just all tie in together :D

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock
@hopedream: yes i know! it's a lot of money and it is a very formal "special occasion only" piece. that was one of my original questions to you guys -- how many times (do you think) would i get a wear out of it and if that'd be worth it in a long run?

@bebe: I was originally thinking of renting out jewelry for the event also!! (actually i'll be renting my dresses too!) I'll be changing out of my wedding dress for the reception, into a simpler cocktail-dress so that i can move about. we're having our reception in a restaurant and i do not want to have to log around the ginormous dress and be in agony... so i was also thinking maybe not wear the necklace for the ceremony, and then wear it for the reception (i will have my tiara + veil off for the reception)...though, i guess it really depends on the dress- i do tend to like plainer dresses.

@vc10um & sillyberry & rubyprincess: i did think about wearing it to prior-to-wedding events....but i dont know how proper it is to wear the same jewelry that i would in the wedding (at whichever part)? is that okay??

and THANKS!!! rubyprincess!! my fiance spent good 5 months on getting the right diamond (searching high and low, learning from PS :) ) and finding the right designer to make our design to life! it makes my heart warm and fuzzy all over again everytime i look at it :) *sniff*

@ ac719: buuuuuuut then (despite all my daydreaming ;)) i think you may be right :( as gorgeous as the necklace is...i havent decided on my dress yet. i was just wondering if you guys thought it's classic enough to last me more than few day's use :)

like for example, would it be too extravagant to wear as a GUEST to another's wedding? granted, if i wore it with a very muted suit?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results