shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridal Inspiration

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvbug

Shiny_Rock

I''m starting to worry because I don''t really have a definite color scheme or theme or anything like that. I have no bridesmaids and the men are wearing black tuxes with black ties so I''m feeling like there''s not a whole lot tying the wedding together. I think everything looks nice together, but is that enough?

The church, venue, and the dresses are actual photos and definite...oh and the mini white pumpkins (love those) but everything else is still up in the air. I''m driving myself crazy with the possibilities!!!

OCTWeddingAC1.JPG

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks lovely! I think some people really focus on a theme, but others just choose what they like and both methods make beautiful weddings.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I think everything looks great together. Very classy, yet fun! I think people focus on colors bc they think they are supposed to. Have you ever walked into someone''s house where literally everything is matchy matchy and it''s obnoxious? I feel like people shouldn''t be so afraid to do something their way. I think you have excellent taste!
I have to ask where you found those earrings in the middle? I have been looking for that exact thing!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks fabulous together so far, luvbug. You definitely seem to be tying everything together.
As an aside ... you rock that wedding dress! It looks so good on you ... I almost didn''t recognize it on that model.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
I love your inspiration board, it seems like you might have unconsciously ( ? ) created a color scheme for yourself by picking the things you like!

Color patterns I see are:

deep/rich reds (flowers and dark wood tones in the venue as well as the shadows when photographed)

Sapphire blue (earrings, church windows, grey stone on outside of building, and invitations)

Creamy whites with texture (pumpkins, flowers, dress, cake, and church)

What I really love about your board is that the style of everything mimics the venue nicely. The mansion looks a bit vintage-y and silently grand. It is a gorgeous space, but it does not seem to be imposing, it is more suble. The colors and textures you have chosen seem to relfect that quiet elegance as well as the vintage-y aspect, and are also great together as a grouping.

It sure seems like you put thought into everything working together to me!
1.gif
I think if you keep moving forward visualing this grouping and building on the decisions you have already made you will be very happy with how your wedding looks on the big day.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I also see the deep, rich reds and the creamy whites/ivories, both of which I think are lovely colors.

I think you do have a "feel" to what you posted - I would call it rich, elegant, classy, and intricate, but others might use different adjectives. Whatever you call it, I think it all comes together beautifully.

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
Thanks elrohwen! I''m just hoping it didn''t look "thrown together."

CrookedRock - So true! I don''t want to be matchy just hopefully get a look that''s cohesive. The earrings I found a while ago, they''re Fantasia by DeSerio but I can''t find them anymore!!! They were on the Neimans website, but have been gone for months. Probably better b/c they were something like 750$ for simulated sapphire and CZs - i''m still trying to find something similar

Thanks Sparkalicious!! What a sweet thing to say about the dress...you make me blush
28.gif

tropiqalkiwi - Thank you - OMG you totally got what I was trying to do!!!! I''m so happy it came across
9.gif
I really have been looking to try to mimic the vintage/antique-y feeling of the venue and the traditional church and still keep it our taste. I was shooting for a traditional elegance, but of course everyone has a different opinion of what''s elegant.

AmberGretchen - Thanks so much - I''m so happy with your adjectives!!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
It definitely doesn''t look thrown together! I think tropiqalkiwi explained it really well. I kind of thought those things, but absolutely couldn''t express them
2.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 3:37:28 PM
Author: luvbug

CrookedRock - So true! I don''t want to be matchy just hopefully get a look that''s cohesive. The earrings I found a while ago, they''re Fantasia by DeSerio but I can''t find them anymore!!! They were on the Neimans website, but have been gone for months. Probably better b/c they were something like 750$ for simulated sapphire and CZs - i''m still trying to find something similar
The look is def cohesive. I think it will be beautiful. Let me know if you find anything else similar to those earrings. I was hoping for that exact style and had thought sapphires (look alikes of course
2.gif
) would be perfect, bc htey would also serve as my something blue... So far all I can find are diamond ones (look alikes) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results