shape
carat
color
clarity

Breguet vs. JLC

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I have 3 superficial loves. Purses, diamonds, and watches. My present watch collections includes a YG Chopard Happy Sport, a RG IWC Portuguese, a salmon dialed SS Rolex Air-King, and some vintage pieces. I've never been a Rolex girl, but I bought the Air-King to fill a SS void. Unfortunately, I'm just not into the Rolex and never have been... so it's leaving my collection. To fill the void I'm looking at either a Breguet Transatlantic XX or a JLC Master Control. The watch will be my daily wear watch so it needs to go with jeans for casual days and dresses for work. The Breguet looks very sturdy which I like, but the JLC movement is in-house and I've lusted after the JLC for a long time. I don't like to wear easily recognizable brands (one of the reasons I'm not into my Rolex) and I feel like the JLC might be more eye catching than the Breguet. On the other hand, the JLC might be more versatile than the Breguet.

Opinions please!

jomashop_2159_49437339_1.jpg

or

3820st.h2.9w6_0.jpg

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
A note:
I am a small wristed female and find my 41mm IWC a little Bulky and my 32mm Chopard and little small.

Breguet 39.5mm
JLC 38mm

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm small wristed, and anything bigger than 34 looks awful on me...although I can stretch to 36.

I vote JLC. I've tried on the ladies Breguet model and liked it but it already felt clunky to me with a ladies model, so I would think the 39mm would be huge. Have you tried both on? I really like the idea of JLC, but have not found a model that fits well on my wrist.

Plus I think the JLC will look nicer with dresses.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I like jlc miles better...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
a no brainer...i'll take a JLC...the best value in high end watches.. ;))

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I've tried on the JLC. I've been in love with the JLC for years, but just saw the Breguet online and liked the look.

Sounds like it's unanimous! My IWC is black faced on RG so the JLC white face on SS will give me a quite versatile collection :love:

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
We need pics of your collection and wrist shots!!! :appl:

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'll take better pics later, but here is a size comparison shot I have on my computer:

41mm
34mm
32mm
30mm

watchwrist_0.jpg

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I know my goal was to buy a SS watch, but I think I just like gold better. I really need a watch I can wear everyday. I love large watches and fine movements, but I've sold a few men's watches at this point because they weren't getting enough wrist time. My 38mm Chanel J12 was rarely worn, but that could have been because I found the bracelet uncomfortable. I'm still contemplating the JLC Master Geographic because I've lusted after it for so long, but I'm worried about the size. I'm now adding this ladies watch into the mix. What do you think? Would it be too much of a downgrade in movement and name? I believe the GP movement on this piece is in house. It measures a total of 30mm X 45mm. All of my watches are round so it would be a nice change in shape and I love the scattered diamonds on the face.

CT22498-1.jpg

Sam121

Rough_Rock
How about a JLC Reverso Grande Date? It's exceptionally crafted and the rectangular case is different from what you have.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a nice collection. What's the one on the far bottom?

The only I can say (I own a Rolex and have owned a JLC and an IWC) is I'd get the GP or the JLC. I wouldn't have any reservations about either.

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you! The bottom watch is a silver 1915 IWC. I've always loved IWC and got my ex hooked (bought him an AMG Ingeniuer, but he never gave me the matching mid-size he was supposed to).

I've tried on the Reverso a few times, but it just doesn't do it for me. I've loved the JLC Master Control Geographic for so long, but I worry it will be like my Portuguese and never get wrist time. I sit and admire my Portuguese, but it's just so large it bangs around. My Chopard is my most comfortable watch, but the diamond bezel and floating diamonds make it too bilgy for daily wear. I'm kind of leaning towards the PG.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
That's a great watch. Arabic numerals = classic.

My JLC was a Master Ultra Thin, stainless, original size (!).

If I'm being brutally honest, I'd say GP would be ranked higher in name as you put it than JLC, although not by much, and not by watch freaks like myself that are really into watch movements. In any case, they're both manufactures. I don't think you can go wrong.

Please let us know what you get!

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the PG. I'm a sucker for RG! I was able to get a really good deal on the PG.

I know that eventually the JLC Master Geo will make it into my collection. I need to date another watch lover so that I can justify buying expensive men's watches. Haha.

I need an enabler to encourage me to pull the trigger in this PG... then I swear I'm not going to spend any money until Christmas :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results