shape
carat
color
clarity

Breast implant - anyone ever had one leak?

Q

Queenie60

Hello - this is a bit embarrassing; I had breast reconstructive surgery in 2010 after breast cancer. I have an implant in my "sick" breast that deflated on July 4th of this year. I am going in tomorrow morning to have it removed and replaced. Has anyone experienced this? If so, what were your symptoms and was it an easy, breezy surgery? My surgeon assures me that it's a simple surgery however I am feeling a bit of anxiety over this. Maybe it's due to the fact that I am now less than a day away from having it done. And I won't be able to workout for 3 weeks. Uhggg!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My sister had her 15 year old implants exchanged this year (breast Ca at 40 years of age); but not because of leakage. She did not suffer with pain or have any post op complications. It was a day surgery procedure.

Much success to you.

cheers--Sharon

Q

Queenie60

Thank you Sharon. I had my cancer 15 years ago at 40 too! Waited 9 years to have the reconstruction done as my children were young and I didn't want to be down for more surgery while they were young. I hope that my new implant will last longer than 6.5 years. And found out today that due to insurance approval delays - my surgery is not postponed until Monday. Oh well!! Wishing the best for your sister and a long and health life! Thank you for sharing her experience.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

A leak is a bummer--not common but a bummer nonetheless.

Take care--those 3 weeks with no exercise will fly by. My sister is a runner and otherwise very active and she took it easy also.

cheers--Sharon

MarlonN

Rough_Rock
I have a friend of mine who went through the exact same thing when one of her implants 'popped' and she had to go and have it repaired. I guess it's not a really common problem, but it does happen.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results