shape
carat
color
clarity

branded versus unbranded setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
I noticed this morning that the setting of my green sapphire ring does not have a DVatche stamp on it. When I contacted the vendor about it, the reply was that it is one of their unbranded models, therefore no stamp. Guess you learn something new everyday! I had previously assumed that designer lines like Vatche branded all of their settings. None of the ads I''ve seen for the Vatche line mentions "branded" versus "unbranded."

Now I''m curious -- is there any subtle difference between branded versus unbranded that I should be concerned about? I would assume that the obvious difference is in the price. With the discovery that I have an unbranded setting, I think the price I paid was still good, but maybe not as great as I initially thought. What I''m more concerned about is if someday I need to have the ring serviced in some way, say resizing for instance -- does a branded setting carry certain implied warranty by DVatche that an unbranded ring wouldn''t? Would it be worth the trouble to send the setting back to DVatche?

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Interesting. Though I do not have answers for you, is it possible for you to contact Vatche about the branding vs. non-branding issue?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
It never even occurred to me that there should/would be a stamp. But then, until I bought my wedding ring, I didn''t own any jewelry that I would''ve considered ''designer'' or ''brand name.''

Huh. Shows what I know!

I''d of course be interested about this since I have the setting as well... though I can tell you that I had my ring resized at Vatche and it was taken care of... but all my purchasing and service has been done through Wink Jones (though at the Vatche offices) so that may have some effect.

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 3:39:47 PM
Author: omieluv
Interesting. Though I do not have answers for you, is it possible for you to contact Vatche about the branding vs. non-branding issue?
That''s a good idea, omieluv. Thanks!!
1.gif
I''ll see if I can find Vatche''s contact information from their Web site.

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 3:49:29 PM
Author: musey
It never even occurred to me that there should/would be a stamp. But then, until I bought my wedding ring, I didn''t own any jewelry that I would''ve considered ''designer'' or ''brand name.''

Huh. Shows what I know!

I''d of course be interested about this since I have the setting as well... though I can tell you that I had my ring resized at Vatche and it was taken care of... but all my purchasing and service has been done through Wink Jones (though at the Vatche offices) so that may have some effect.
I''m basically in the same boat as you, musey -- this is the first "designer" jewelry I''ve ever owned. I only thought about the stamp when I saw pictures of a branded Vatche setting, which of course got me to look for the stamp on my ring.
9.gif

According to the vendor from whom I purchased the setting, there is no difference between branded and unbranded as far as service/warranty. I think you''re right though that it depends on the particular vendor, because my vendor said to send the ring back to them for any servicing because their service "is better than [Vatche''s] anyways." So it sounds as though if I send the ring back to my vendor, they would do the work themselves instead of going to Vatche.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
there are a few models of Vatche that are not signed.

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Which ones are not signed? And before having someone else work on your ring, you might want to make sure that doing so would not void your warranty. I''ve heard it can. They ARE gorgeous settings! Are you able to post pics of yours?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 9:23:15 AM
Author: ButterBean
Which ones are not signed? And before having someone else work on your ring, you might want to make sure that doing so would not void your warranty. I''ve heard it can. They ARE gorgeous settings! Are you able to post pics of yours?
Here is her Vatche''s thread, butterbean:

Green Sapphire RHR

To find someone''s threads, click on "Find all posts" under their avatar, then "All topics by this user". Her RHR thread is second down in that list right now.

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 5:00:22 AM
Author: JulieN
there are a few models of Vatche that are not signed.
I''d be interested to see what those models look like. Is there a listing somewhere? I''ve gone through pictures on the DVatche Web site and I couldn''t find my setting, so I was thinking that maybe they only showcase the models that are signed?

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 9:23:15 AM
Author: ButterBean
Good point, ButterBean! That was one of the things I was concerned about, potentially voiding some kind of warranty (if any). I guess this would be a good question to ask Vatche directly, when I get a chance to follow up on omieluv''s suggestion...

You can follow the link that musey posted (thanks musey!!
35.gif
) to see pictures of my setting. Signed or not, I''m loving my new ring!!
21.gif

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Thanks very much, musey! I still have lots to learn.
34.gif

BB

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Singingbell, that green sapphire is very pretty! I think the setting is perfect for it, too. Good job putting them together.
And musey, I have admired your ering since I first saw it many months ago - fabulous!
BB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results