shape
carat
color
clarity

Branded fancy cuts???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Caerid

Rough_Rock
Good morning, pricescopers. I have been looking around for a while to find information on whether branded fancy cuts will be coming out anytime soon. My boyfriend and I are planning on getting engaged soon, and I'm set on the princess cut. However, it seems a crapshoot to buy one of these diamonds online. I'm looking for a vendor who can guarantee a quality cut, rather than just some numbers to go by. In searching, I have found nothing close to a SuperbCert or 8*-type company for fancies. My questions are 1)will branded fancy cuts become a reality? 2)if so, when? (anyone have any information?)
3) when (or if) they do come out, can anyone speculate on a price difference between branded and unbranded? (I tried to use round branded vs. unbranded, but know nothing about rounds)

The closest I've been able to come to finding a branded princess is the Blue Nile Signature Collection. However, these seem way overpriced and merely based off of the AGA recommendations, not a special cut or anything. All info would be greatly appreciated. While we want to get engaged soon, if these will be coming available before April or May, I think it would be worth waiting for. Sorry for such a long post and thank you for any help that can be provided.:read:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
There are some branded fancy cuts. In a square shape there is the quadrillion by Ambar which many claim is the most beautiful. www.ambar-diamonds.com. There is also the Royal Asscher cut. You have to see which faceting pattern you prefer.

I'll try to think of others.

:)

Caerid

Rough_Rock
Thank you lawmax, I was unaware of this. Can anyone name any others? (btw, what's the deal with the picture on the main page?)

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
Hearts on Fire has a square cut diamond it calls "Dream." I've heard SuperbCert has princess cut diamonds but have never seen them or even seen them advertised. Tiffany has the Lucida. There's the Leo, but I doubt anyone would think of that as a fancy shaped diamond, since it's round. And of course... the Zales diamond. :lickout:

I'm not sure of any of the other big brands' plans regarding fancy shapes but have been told that EightStar has no plans along those lines.

Caerid

Rough_Rock
thanks for the info, DRRiley. I looked at the quadrillion online, but was unable to find out what makes it so special. I'll check out the hearts of fire. I have also heard mention of the SuperbCert princess, but I believe it is coming out soon, and not just unadvertised. I may have to wait for one of those. Thank you fo all of the info.

I think I'll skip a mallstore's brand

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi D R Riley!

:wavey:

buttercup

Rough_Rock
there's another brand of princesses called Brilliant Fire tm. They are trademarked by a store www.diamondbrokersoffl.com, you won't see anything on their website, you'll have to email them. These babies score VHs across the brilliancescope, and their prices can't be beat. The Dream by Hearts on fire is really more of a flanders cut, and it's super pricey.
there's an example of a brilliant fire princess brilliancescope here: http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=7899

Spartan

Shiny_Rock
The Brilliant Fire princess cuts are really beautiful! You can find pictures of them if you do a search on Diamondtalk.com. If you'd like to expand your search, also try http://www.goodoldgold.com/fancy1.htm. Jonathan has a few princess cut stones here. The site hasn't been updated recently as he has been on vacation. He seems really helpful and he could, I'm sure, find you what you are looking for. He is a Superbcert dealer and, if Barry is still cutting them, he could probably get you a SC princess cut diamond. Good luck!

mzschacht

Rough_Rock
Try looking at the "Cushette" its a Cushion shape, a mix between a round & a princess. cushette.com

barry

Shiny_Rock
Hi, Caerid;

We are now listing our SuperbCert Princess Cuts on
our web-site. They are shown with GIA Certs,
BScopes, Digital Photographs, and ImageScopes.

Barry
www.superbcert.com
"When Good Isn't Good Enough"

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Obviously, there are rather many branded fancy cuts for any taste :) Here are a few more:

– similar to Tiffany Lucida™

Here is another one new but nice – Spring Cut™. [/u][/u]

springcut.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results