shape
carat
color
clarity

Brainstorming

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies!

So I was browsing at different invitations for fun and stumbled upon a really cute one that''s for an engagement party:

http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/product/6506/signature_white_textured_engagement_party_invitations_forever_paired.html

Thoughts?

I was absolutely RIPPED to shreds on another forum I am on for "brainstorming" ideas before being engaged. And when I say, RIPPED...I mean *RIPPED*. I know there are a lot more mature people on here than on my other forum so I decided from here on out, any brainstorming or ideas I have...I''ll post them here because I won''t receive such nasty comments.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 2:41:56 PM
Author:Autumnovember
Hi ladies!

So I was browsing at different invitations for fun and stumbled upon a really cute one that''s for an engagement party:

http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/product/6506/signature_white_textured_engagement_party_invitations_forever_paired.html

Thoughts?

I was absolutely RIPPED to shreds on another forum I am on for ''brainstorming'' ideas before being engaged. And when I say, RIPPED...I mean *RIPPED*. I know there are a lot more mature people on here than on my other forum so I decided from here on out, any brainstorming or ideas I have...I''ll post them here because I won''t receive such nasty comments.
I see no Harm in brainstorming before getting engaged. Espically when ti comes to paying for your own wedding. If your brainstorm ahead of time, you can save up the money, and it will make it a bit less stressful when it comes time to plan the wedding. Thats how i look at it. Its not like your buying things, and calling people and making reservations, your just getting an idea, and scoping out prices. I think its smart, but than again, i like to plan things and make sue evertyhing goes smoothly.

BTW....those are cute.....do you think you would want ot carry out the theme from your engagement part to the wedding? I know som couples like that. I think i would skip the engagement party, we dont have a lot of friends and family, so we could just have a dinner.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

Nah, I don''t think I would want to carry out the theme.

I want to have a small wedding (no more then 60 people..maybe thats considered medium?)

Our parents have never met due to his mom being a complete loony bin, so the engagement party would be for the purpose of our families meeting.

It wouldn''t be anything fancy...low key, and a good time :)

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 2:53:57 PM
Author: Autumnovember

Nah, I don''t think I would want to carry out the theme.

I want to have a small wedding (no more then 60 people..maybe thats considered medium?)

Our parents have never met due to his mom being a complete loony bin, so the engagement party would be for the purpose of our families meeting.

It wouldn''t be anything fancy...low key, and a good time :)
60 People i think is medium/small......we were thinking like undder 50 people too. We have talked about it, and we want Low-Key, Vegas Cool( we live in vegas) type. Like maybe a afternoon wedding at one of the chapels on the strip, they are actually really nice....Lunch, than a Nap, and than meet up for Dinner and Dancing at our Favorite club...Low Key-cool, and it give me a chance to wear two dresses
9.gif

peonies

Rough_Rock
Those are very cute! Were you on the knot''s boards? They''re soo intense over there!

A

Anonymous

I haven''t looked at the link yet, but I see nothing wrong with looking before you''re officially engaged, especially since your BF already has the ring and it''s clearly something that''s in the "when, not if" stage of the game.

Heck, FI and I picked our date, venue and had a guest list before he proposed!
11.gif

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 4:07:18 PM
Author: peonies
Those are very cute! Were you on the knot''s boards? They''re soo intense over there!

Not yet! Do tell more :)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ooh I signed up for the knot, but I haven''t posted anything over there...

totally OK to browse, but I wouldn''t ORDER anything yet. but what''s the harm in browsing??? it''s just ideas...

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 5:14:21 PM
Author: slg47

totally OK to browse, but I wouldn''t ORDER anything yet. but what''s the harm in browsing??? it''s just ideas...

I agree! I should post some of the responses I got...

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock

HaHa...its like window Shopping!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 5:16:36 PM

I agree! I should post some of the responses I got...

yes! do post some of the responses! that could be fun to read (or it could make me want to pull my hair out...)

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
It would be my pleasure:

I simply asked for peoples opinions. I also asked for opinions on a centerpiece I''ve been eyeing up about two weeks ago. Here are some responses. Granted, there were several people who were nice and said its fine to brainstorm.

Response 1:

Whoa, not engaged yet but worrying about the imaginary party? Slooooooooow down.

Response 2:

wow AUTUMNOVEMBER, you need to really take the di(k out of your aarse. Like, seriously. It''s not our fault your man hasnt decided to ask for your hand in marriage.

I think the girls were just telling you to slow your roll. Seriously. No one but you is angry you''re not engaged yet.

This is the exact reason I quit posting on the board.

Response 3:

Over-reaction, party of 1.

it''s a cute invite. WPD''s stuff is all cute.

Jaime''s question was a natural one. Don''t be so defensive because she didn''t know your whole life story. We only know what you post, and not knowing the backstory, planning an engagement party before the engagement is frankly a little cart-before-the-crazy-horse.

Response 4:

Take the panties out of your butt crack. I think they are kind of wadded up right now.

Thats all the interesting ones
36.gif

slg47

Ideal_Rock
omg! those ladies over there are CRAZY!!! (not to mention potty mouthed!)

A

Anonymous

23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

I wish I knew what board it was, so I could avoid it like the plague!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Oh, no worries. I''ll tell exactly which board it is. I follow Weight Watchers and frequent the 20''s board because I enjoy the support they *sometimes* provide.

I wonder why I don''t post there as much anymore...

Perhaps its because of all you WONDERFUL PS Ladies :)

On a serious note, I really do enjoy being here and talking with all you guys.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Autumn, i am so sorry. I feel like jumping on that board and ripping them all a new one. How dare they be rude and judge you, when they dont know you. Thats just completely not okay. People liek that seriously PISS ME OFF...if you want ot look at, HELL if you wanted to plan your wedding ahead of time, and buy everything you could. Its your life, your money, your decision, your relationship, your wedding, you life!
29.gif
29.gif
I am so steamed up right now, i could spit fire.

Thanky ou for coming to PS....we are much nicer, andwe know what you are going through. Even if we didnt we wouldnt be that rude, and make assumptions. We at least try to look at ALL sides of the story and give the best advice we think.!!

29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 7:22:45 PM
Author: Jessie702
Autumn, i am so sorry. I feel like jumping on that board and ripping them all a new one. How dare they be rude and judge you, when they dont know you. Thats just completely not okay. People liek that seriously PISS ME OFF...if you want ot look at, HELL if you wanted to plan your wedding ahead of time, and buy everything you could. Its your life, your money, your decision, your relationship, your wedding, you life!
29.gif
29.gif
I am so steamed up right now, i could spit fire.

Thanky ou for coming to PS....we are much nicer, andwe know what you are going through. Even if we didnt we wouldnt be that rude, and make assumptions. We at least try to look at ALL sides of the story and give the best advice we think.!!

29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

Thanks so much Jessie. I commented once more on that thread and said I would not continue to comment on it as I felt there was no need to defend my post or question that I was asking. I just let everyone on there kind of battle it out. Some thought it was ridiculous that I was asking for opinions even though I''m not engaged, and others were very kind and told me to continue browsing and there was no harm. The whole point of the thread was to ask for their opinion about the invitation, NOTHING else.

Oh well!

The thread is now long gone under a bunch of newer threads and I won''t be revisiting it.

People will be cruel, it is what is is.

Thank you again for your support.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Just a bunch of people getting their jollys off saying sh*t to you they'd never say in real life
38.gif
Don't worry about it.

I'm a planner and I think for people like me it's normal to start collecting good ideas and thinking about vendors when you're getting close to getting enaged. Some people who are paying for their own wedding and on a budget need the extra time to bargin hunt and think of/excecute some more creative ideas to save some money. Some people don't want to be enaged for very long and need to get started as early as possible to reduce stress and so they can start making desisions as soon as that ring slides onto their finger. People should be less judgemental.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, those people are ridiculous! I don''t know even one girl who''s never browsed for wedding stuff let alone one who is definitely soon to be engaged. They''re obviously just mean jealous people who are probably angry because they know they''ll never get marriedor had a really bad wedding. I hope those who were so rude to you who aren''t married yet have the shi**iest wedding ever and a horrible marriage to follow.

hmmm... maybe that was a little harsh, maybe just a bad wedding
12.gif

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 11:59:51 PM
Author: Grlsbestfrnd
Wow, those people are ridiculous! I don''t know even one girl who''s never browsed for wedding stuff let alone one who is definitely soon to be engaged. They''re obviously just mean jealous people who are probably angry because they know they''ll never get marriedor had a really bad wedding. I hope those who were so rude to you who aren''t married yet have the shi**iest wedding ever and a horrible marriage to follow.

12.gif

This totally made me LOL!!!!!!!!!

Love it :)
31.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2010 12:17:53 AM

12.gif

31.gif
LoL....so i wanted to look and i found the 2 of the cutest wording for invites....they are so, my SO and i....

Together they rolled the dice
taking a gamble on their future
Quickly it became clear
that they were right
Now *Bride* and *Groom*
are about to unite!
You are invited to attend
the marriage ceremony of
*Bride*
and
*Groom*
on *Date*
at *Time* *Time of Day*
*Location*
*Address*
*City, State*

He asked, and she said yes...
or was it the other way around?
However it happened
Marcy Punter
and
Geoff Smiggler
are getting married
and they ask you to join them
on Friday, the seventh of November
at four o''clock in the afternoon
Sunshine Beach Chapel
36678 Sunshine Boulevard
Bay Beach, North Carolina

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2010 11:53:27 AM
Author: Jessie702
Date: 7/1/2010 12:17:53 AM

12.gif

31.gif

LoL....so i wanted to look and i found the 2 of the cutest wording for invites....they are so, my SO and i....

Together they rolled the dice

taking a gamble on their future

Quickly it became clear

that they were right

Now *Bride* and *Groom*

are about to unite!

You are invited to attend

the marriage ceremony of

*Bride*

and

*Groom*

on *Date*

at *Time* *Time of Day*

*Location*

*Address*

*City, State*

He asked, and she said yes...

or was it the other way around?

However it happened

Marcy Punter

and

Geoff Smiggler

are getting married

and they ask you to join them

on Friday, the seventh of November

at four o''clock in the afternoon

Sunshine Beach Chapel

36678 Sunshine Boulevard

Bay Beach, North Carolina

I really love the first one :)

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Autumn. Its amazing what you can find at 1 in the morning, when you cant sleep
26.gif

AnneTossy

Rough_Rock
You should totally check out weddingbee, autumnovember! i post on there all the time...and theres a lot of girls in similar LIW positions, so they understand where you''re coming from..and I agree, be careful with the knot...they are definitely defensive, and protective over there. Always willing to start an argument...especially with a newcomer! Although there are some great girls on the knot, it''s hard to find them when you''re getting ripped to shreds :) I stay away and stick to LIW and weddingbee! Don''t let them rain on your parade, girl. PLAN AWAY! My poor SO doesn''t know what he has comin''...I''ve got A LOT of ideas for our wedding, it''s never too early to start looking :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results