shape
carat
color
clarity

brag about your biggest accomplishments ..

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
up to this point in your life.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Getting my graduate degree and passing my licensing exam.

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
I graduated from college with a really high GPA, and I was able to win several awards and scholarships along the way.

I was also able to accomplish a lot in my department at my last job, and although the job didn't work out, I am really proud that I was able to learn and then clean things up so quickly.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Easy. I went to law school on full scholarship, at night, while working full-time and have a great career; however, without doubt, she is my greatest accomplishment. ::) :love: :love: :love: I do brag about her endlessly, too, and am always looking for new opportunities to do so. So thanks, DF! :wavey:

epic cuteness.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've gone over a year without getting banned from PS. :-o :-o :-o

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1309038142|2955007 said:
Haha, have you been banned in the past???

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1309036202|2954985 said:
Easy. I went to law school on full scholarship, at night, while working full-time and have a great career; however, without doubt, she is my greatest accomplishment. ::) :love: :love: :love: I do brag about her endlessly, too, and am always looking for new opportunities to do so. So thanks, DF! :wavey:

OH. MY. GAWWWD. I just imploded from cuteness overload. Bring her over here so I can nom nom her.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
2 great kids, a great husband of almost 10 years, and a kick ass yard.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amys Bling|1309039689|2955019 said:
kenny|1309038142|2955007 said:
Haha, have you been banned in the past???

A few times.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a house at 24. I went to college at 26, and I'm working my butt off to get myself to where I want to be, hopefully ahead of schedule.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
My son.

Asu

Shiny_Rock
My marriage.At almost 26,I've now been married longer than all of our friends in their 30s have managed to stay married/together.I'm very proud of us,since no one believed in our marriage,when we got married.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
All I've ever done is having gotten a PhD and, honestly, I don't really think it's much of an accomplishment...

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Being happy before my 25th birthday this July. I was so scared that I would live my life in the shadow of my past and be constantly scared of everything around me. I'm so happy to feel like I am finally truly living. And, my pride an joy is my baby Milo (dog) who was also born on my birthday. I love that little bugger to pieces :bigsmile:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My successful marriage and giving birth to my son who will be starting his 1st yr in high school! I was 18 and DH was 21 when we started our life together. It will be 20yrs this fall.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Being asked to be one of two video editors at the super bowl at age 23 :)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1309036202|2954985 said:

Awesome set of accomplisments, Loves Vintage! Congrats to all you've done!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
mayerling|1309126953|2955603 said:
All I've ever done is having gotten a PhD and, honestly, I don't really think it's much of an accomplishment...

Of course getting your PhD is a HUGE accomplishment! What did you study?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am now actually able to see blue in shadows outdoors on a sunny day especially on a white wall.

There are two sources of light, the sun and the blue sky.
Block the sun and the blue sky is the only source for the light in the shadows.

The brain cancels it out.
The French impressionist painters started to notice this and reach for the blue paint around 120 years ago.

It's cool when you see it.
We don't think of the blue sky as a huge bright light source but it is.
Breaking through the mind's blindness on this is not easy.

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Moved out off my parents when I wad 18 and never asked for help once financially or any other way. I'm engaged now to a wonderful man, we bought a house together a couple years ago and I'm still going strong.

I was in a bad relationship some years ago and got with a guy who got me into drugs. That relationship went south and I was going to move to another state when my family got wind that I was doing drugs. My brother and SIL took me in (didn't ask them to they wanted to help me) and I paid off $8000 worth of cc debt off within a year by working 2 jobs. Oh yes and I've been drug free since 2006. :)

Sorry for the background story but those are a few of my accomplishments.

I almost forgot....I've bought all my diamond jewelry myself except my e ring. :)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My marriage of 35+ years, my career, and my two children, both of whom have now graduated from college. Great kids, and I'm so proud of them. :wavey:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
The photographic work that got me a guggenheim fellowship, and my book "**edited by moderator to protect privacy**". That also got me invited back to my alma mater to teach, which was funny since they had tried so hard, so many times to get rid of me as a student.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My biggest accomplishment thus far is creating a life that aligns with my true values and beliefs. I'm very happy.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I am going to shamelessly brag on myself for once.

I have lost 60lbs in a year.

I have won a year end award in both english and western on an open horse show circuit with my arabian (quite the feat, as they are normally shunned in open shows).

I have my certification in equine sports massage therapy.

I have sold my photographs.

I have sold a painting.

I have maintained a long term relationship.

I've made it through an abusive relationship and with a relatively sound psyche, though I shouldn't have.

I have written a poem that made the cover of my school publication. The publication went on to win a National award for that particular year's printing... with my poem on the cover.

I have run lighting for a local theater production that had sold out shows every night.

I have toured England.

I have read most of the classics.

I am mastering Spanish, slowly but surely.

I have had 10 carats of diamonds on my arm at once. :bigsmile:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
-Lived in Mexico for 1 month all alone
-Bought my very first brand new car by myself at 18
-I have maintained speaking fluent Russian even though my family and I left the country when I was 2 years old
-Writing/reading in Russian
-Always being there for my two nephews
-Losing close to 40 lbs in 8 months and being in great shape...the journey was a fantastic one both physically and emotionally
-Graduating undergrad with a very high GPA
-Getting accepted to a very competitive and very rigorous accelerated BSN nursing program for my 2nd degree
-Having made it almost half way through this program
-Will be getting married in less than 4 months

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
dragonfly411|1309144759|2955879 said:
I have had 10 carats of diamonds on my arm at once. :bigsmile:

Now that is a major accomplishment!! :love:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
MC|1309131383|2955687 said:

Linguistics. I never really thought much of my PhD; it was more of a means to an end - as in getting a job in something that I liked. Now, that I'm considering leaving academia, I think even less of it.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
DiamondsOnly|1309136883|2955751 said:
Moved out off my parents when I wad 18 and never asked for help once financially or any other way. I'm engaged now to a wonderful man, we bought a house together a couple years ago and I'm still going strong.

I was in a bad relationship some years ago and got with a guy who got me into drugs. That relationship went south and I was going to move to another state when my family got wind that I was doing drugs. My brother and SIL took me in (didn't ask them to they wanted to help me) and I paid off $8000 worth of cc debt off within a year by working 2 jobs. Oh yes and I've been drug free since 2006. :)

Sorry for the background story but those are a few of my accomplishments.

I almost forgot....I've bought all my diamond jewelry myself except my e ring. :)

Congratulations on being drug free! I also consider that to be my greatest accomplishment and coincidentally, I also stopped in 2006 (8 October, to be precise)!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
mayerling|1309159240|2955977 said:
MC|1309131383|2955687 said:

Linguistics. I never really thought much of my PhD; it was more of a means to an end - as in getting a job in something that I liked. Now, that I'm considering leaving academia, I think even less of it.

Ling is awesome. I did a year of linguistics last year (only first year) and I loved it.

Congratulations on your PhD - it is a huge accomplishment!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results