shape
carat
color
clarity

Bracelet for Wedding From Tiffanys :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
very pretty :)
this reminds me...i havent even started to think about jewelry - i''d better get on that! :)

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
i bet next month pricescope will be overloaded with jewelery posts instead of shoe posts :)

MissDimity

Shiny_Rock
It''s a nice bracelet if your not into wedding superstitions! ( Pearls are meant to be unlucky)

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Ah Smurfy that''s beautiful I want it too!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 1:14:43 AM
Author: MissDimity
It''s a nice bracelet if your not into wedding superstitions! ( Pearls are meant to be unlucky)
23.gif
Crap!!! I am going to wear pearls?! Why are they unlucky??

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 1:14:43 AM
Author: MissDimity

I''ve never heard that superstition! How funny - almost everyone I know has worn pearls of some version to her wedding.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Ok I had to look it up lol, here''s what I found- I think I will stick with the pearls after reading this :)
It is actually the opposite. The superstition is that pearls bring good luck to brides. Traditional thoughts were that pearls ensured good luck to the couple in wealth and family, as well as a ward to prevent the bride from crying on her special day. In some cultures, pearls were worn to ensure fertility to the new couple.

I saw one website where they said that pearls were the symbol of tears and each pearl would represent an occasion the husband would make her cry. However, everything else I have read has said that pearls prevent crying. So perhaps even in this case they meant tears of happiness? =) Also, please keep in mind that where jewelry and attire is concerned, it only takes one well-placed rumor by competition to get superstitions started. For instance, how fortunate for a diamond jeweler if suddenly all brides think pearls are unlucky and thus opt entirely for diamonds instead. ;-)

I will say that one of the happiest married couples I know, who have been happily married for over 80 years, debunked several bridal "superstitions". She wore pearls at her wedding, they both had the same first letter of their surname, it rained on their wedding day, and they were married after the half-hour. I don''t believe she had any idea of the sixpence myth either. On the opposite side, I am personally friends with a bride who was very careful to follow every bit of wedding etiquette and superstition, and her marriage ended after 7 months. I have to say that it is the person you marry, and not the random circumstances surrounding it, that determine how happy or successful your marriage will be. =)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and classic bracelet.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
very classic! I hope you get the bracelet soon!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Or save a ton of cash by checking out link

See the new Pearl page for more info on pearls. Or go with Tiffs if the name is worth more than $100 to you -or is your wedding tiff themed? Then nevermind! Just if you wanted to save the money. It is a classic piece.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results