shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought the ring. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

positiv

Rough_Rock
Got it from Blue Nile, FedEx just a few moments ago. Haven''t appraised it yet (obviously) but I have 30 days.

$3049

Cert: GIA (There''s also an attached Gem Cert. & Appraisal Lab appraisal)
Princess 5.08 x 4.98 x 3.34
0.71 carat
Depth: 68.4%
Table: 71%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick
Culet: Very Small
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Clarity: SI1 (feather)
Color: G
Flourescense: Faint
Crown Height: 8.8%

Sound good or no?

Dougie

Rough_Rock
Please forget what I said. Sorry!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hi Dougie... Don't get me wrong, but THAT'S RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!
As per the crown height, it's pretty good for a 71%, which is slightly on the high side, but it's still considered ok. I suggest to look at 9% or + crowns... At 8.8% it's OK. Keep in mind that MANY, MANY princesses have 3 to 6% crowns... The depth is ok (Usually I suggest to look at 65% +/- 3% depths) and it's not waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too deep. A 90% height is way too deep, but 68 definitely no...
The girdle sounds nice... It's not wavy as in many pricesses. The stone is almost perfectly sqare and Ex/Vg is a plus.
Most important: how does it look to you? Is it sparkly?? This is the most important thing... Don't rely only on numbers!
Enjoy your new rock!
1.gif
1.gif
appl.gif

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Easy Dougie,

This guy has a princess not a round diamond. The total depth is just fine. The only problem might be the crown height is a little shallow but the diamond might be just a bright. He also found one with an excellent polish which is very hard to find.

Dougie

Rough_Rock
Yes, sorry, I didn't see the "princess" cut part. Oops!

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
read.gif
Hope you checked out prices before you made your purchase,
otherwise it looks like a nice stone with the right measuremnts!!enjoy it!!!!!

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results