shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought the dress!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Originally my best friend was going to make my dress. She is a full-time art student (with a focus on costume/clothing design) so I was nervous from the beginning about her time. As her best friend-- I want her first priority to be doing well in school and graduating! That being said-- she promised that she would have mockups done by Spring Break, and Spring Break came and went. She was too busy with school work to work on the dress. I realized that with our wedding fast approaching (6 months-- wow!) I really wanted the peace of mind of a back up plan.

I went dress shopping for a plan B and found a dress that I fell in love with. I talked to my friend and she's completely okay that I found a dress that I loved and gave me the blessing to buy it! She's still going to make a dress for me for the reception (we're having a destination wedding and a reception at home 2 weeks later, which is 1 week following our return from Hawaii). But if she ends up not having time it's no tragedy, because I've already got one.

Anyway-- all back story aside, here's the picture!

The sash is going to be a dark Teal color to match FI's light teal shirt that he'll be wearing to our beach wedding :)

THEDresssmaller.JPG

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, it's gorgeous! It flatters your figure beautifully and the teal sash will really pop!

I always look to see the bride's face in pictures - and yours is beaming!!! :appl:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
That looks like the perfect dress to "Get Maui'd" in! ;))

Congratulations on finding THE dress, and the teal sash will look FABULOUS! I really hope your friend pulls through for you on the at-home reception dress...but it's nice to know you have a backup! (And seriously, who doesn't want to wear their wedding dress more than once?!?!)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That dress looks great on you!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Nice!

And you've stolen my glasses :sun:

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I'm so excited :D I just got an email from Alfred Angelo congratulating me for buying my wedding gown. It's the little things like that that really help you feel special!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results