shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought my DREAM dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaffine14

Rough_Rock
I haven''t officially posted on this forum - only in the ladies in waiting...so I am sooooo excited to say that I GOT MY DRESSSSSSS! I fell in love with it and had the "this is the dress" moment my first time trying on dresses in July.
30.gif
I completely lost it - it wasn''t anything like I pictured I would get married in but it is incredible. Unfortunately - we discovered that the price was wayyyyyy out of my budget and had to walk away. I tried on about 50 other dresses hoping to find another dress I liked as much but nothing came even close.

So, I am not going to go into great detail - but my sister passed away in May (she was going to be my maid of honor) and we were not sure if her life insurance money would go through because she had just started a job right before her passing. Well - YESTERDAY WE RECEIVED THE CHECK IN THE MAIL, right as the bridal shop was closing for good. My Mom told me that since this is completely unexpected it was my sister''s way of saying that she wanted me to have the dress and hold a piece of her as I walked down the aisle. So, my Mom called today and bought it over the phone right as it was about to be shipped back to the designer. I am so lucky and grateful that this happend
6.gif
) Who would have thought!!!!!

Anyhow - I do not have a pic of it on me, it is being shipped to my house, - sooooo I will send you 3 shots - one of it on a model and 2 on real brides.

It is by Ines Di Santo and the style is Nica. It is in a white.

http://www.inesdisanto.com/collections/ad_08/nica.html
http://www.dukeimages.com/blog/belinda-and-scott/
http://genevievenislyblog.com/2009/02/17/wedding-cleveland-renaissance-hotel/

Let me know what you think!

SOOOOO HAPPY!

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
I love the train, its very pretty! I''m sure it will look great on you!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Very elegant and what a back! How special too that you will have a part of your sister with you on your wedding day.

mrowmrowsmom

Rough_Rock
The back of this dress is TO DIE FOR! Major wow! You must be planning a very glamorous wedding.

Post pics of yourself in the dress when it comes in please!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
first of all, that is so special that your sister will be with you because she was able to make the dress possible...second, that dress is OMG gorgeous!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry for your loss, but I''m very happy for you that your sister will be able to be there for your wedding in the form of your beautiful gown made possible by her.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is fate if I''ve ever heard it!
6.gif
I''m happy that you got your dream dress and so sorry for your loss. It''s great she''ll be with you on your day.
1.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Kaffine, I''m so sorry to hear about your sister, but how wonderful that you will remember her every time you look at your wedding pictures. *hugs* The dress will be lovely on you.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one spectacular dress!

I''m sure your sister will be there in spirit when you and your fiance exchange your vows.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I love Ines Di Santo. I fell in love with one of her dresses (Michaela) years ago, but have since changed my mind.

This is a gorgeous, over-the-top (in a good way) gown - very luxurious! It is going to look fabulous and I can't wait to see pictures!
36.gif

eta: I saw Ines Di Santo and stopped reading (straight to pictures!). I'm sorry to hear about your sister - I agree that the dress will now mean so much more. You're going to a beautiful bride...

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What a stunning dress!!!!!! Wow!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
That dress is amazing and so unique. You are going to be sooooo glam!

And wow...definitely fate. I love that your sister will be with you that day and I''m so terribly sorry for your loss.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Kaffine- SO pretty! Love it!

Are you a Cleveland bride? Genevieve Nisly is a very very popular Cleveland-area wedding photog. I wasn''t certain if you just happened across her blog or if you''re from the area. I''m in Colorado but marrying in Cleveland.

Anyway, so happy you got your dream dress!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry about your sister
7.gif
, congrats on the dress though seems like kismet it is beautiful

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on getting your dream dress, and although quite sad, it will be nice to have your sister there with you!

Kaffine14

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the delay in my response - work and school have been extremely hectic lately, that I have not had a chance to reply to all your kind words. Thank you so much!

Nov2109 - Thank you so much - it is a little tough to walk in with so much weight but hey that is what you have to do sometimes to look great!

MagsyMay - The main reason I could not part with this dress is the back, it is so unique, I have never seen anything like it before. Thank you about my sister - I am sure I will feel her presense in the dress as I walk down the aisle next summer

mrowmrowsmom - I know, right, I love it sooooo much! To be honest, my wedding is going be a casual/elegance type of wedding - it will be on a lake, followed by cocktail hour on a renovated snack/bar deck, and a tent reception. I picked the dress for the dress not to match the venue...maybe the dress will make the wedding more glamorous, haha! You gave me some food for thought.

lulu66 - As horrible as it is going to be not having my sister be humanly present at my wedding - it is so special and meaningful that she made this dream dress a reality for me. Also, thank I know...I am obsessed with it!

Luckyyeshe - Thank you for your kind words and thoughts, I greatly appreciate it.

sunnyd - I know - the crazy thing is she not only brought fate in purchasing this dream dress but she also helped me find my dream wedding shoes on sale at believe it or not MARSHALLS (they are the Kate Spade Keedin Pumps in Cobalt Blue) I will attach a picture. She is working on my side ;o) Thank you also for your kind words.

ladypirate - Thank you... :) Every time I look at my dress I will think of her.

VRBeauty - Thank you - and I cannot wait for that moment...it will be one of most emotional days of my life, exchanging vows without her next to me as a maid of honor. To be honest, I am not giving that role to anyone else - I am just having 7 bridesmaids and the honorary title of Maid of Honor will still be my sisters

Bia - Oh man, so you know how beautiful her dresses are first hand. I had never heard of her before I went dress shopping, and I can honestly say that all of her dresses are just gorgeous. I guess she is Spanish and Italian and those backgrounds have influenced her designs in a very passionate, romantic, and dramatic fashion. I did take some quick pics with my cell phone that I will post on her in a few.

princessplease - THANK YOU! :)

marlie - Thank you - I was looking for something classic and elegant but with a modern flare that no one else has, and I think I found the perfect dress to fit the bill! Thank you also for the kind words about my sister.

PilsnPinkysMom - I am not a Cleveland bride, I am a MA bride - I know the photographs could be in a wedding magazine she is very talented. No I just came across her work when I was looking for my wedding dress on google. Thank you as well! Congrats to your future wedding in Cleveland.

Deelight - Thank you :)

ilovesparkles - It will be very nice to have my sister a part of my day in my dream dress...thank you so much.

Kaffine14

Rough_Rock
Here is the dress on me - DESPITE, hair, makeup, loss of about 8 lbs before the wedding, and alterations!

0913091321.jpg

Kaffine14

Rough_Rock
The back of the dress

0913091321a.jpg

Kaffine14

Rough_Rock
These are my shoes that my sister helped me find!!!

I wanted these Kate Spade pumps for my wedding and for my something blue - but they were sold out everywhere. I showed everyone and their Mother them, and I get a phone call one afternoon from my co-worker and she says, "K your shoes are at Marshalls for half the price you wanted to spend, I am putting them on hold for you in your name." So - sure enough I went the next day and there my babies were! Totally my sister''s help :)

cobaltkatespadekg.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ll have to say...that dress looks the best on you compared to the other brides pictures you posted! I am so sorry about your sister, and I think it is perfect to leave the maid of honor position unfilled since it was hers.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks fantastic on you-especially with those shoes.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress! I''m so sorry about your sister, I have two and I cannot even imagine. However I think it is sooooooooo touching that she basically gave you this dress and you''ll remember her by wearing it on your wedding day!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Such a heartbreaking story, but it is so wonderful and touching that you were able to do something meaningful with the insurance money from your sister. It''s only fitting your dress represent her, and it is absolutely beautiful! And I love that you found your shoes, too! Best of luck to you...the dress is fabulous on its own, but positively STUNNING on you!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry to hear about your sister but using the money from her life insurance for your dress is a good way to remember her on your wedding day.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a gorgeous dress. I''m sure your sister would be thrilled for you. I''m so sorry for your loss.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
oh wow. everything just fell into place! You got your dream dress AND shoes! Your sis really loves you bec she''s definitely helping you out with your wedding even when she''s not physically there.

i love how the gown fits you! Hope u share photos from the wedding!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss, but it was fate that you got that money in time, I am sure you sister would have been thrilled so see you in that gown on your wedding day.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 9:37:41 PM
Author: honey22
I am so sorry for your loss, but it was fate that you got that money in time, I am sure you sister would have been thrilled so see you in that gown on your wedding day.

ditto! you look really gorgeous!! and 8 pounds....pshh that is def. not something to stress about :) you look wonderful as-is!!!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I just saw you in the dress, and WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
you look amazing in that dress!! and ditto cocolaw...forget the 8 lbs. you could walk down the aisle right now in it looking just the way you do! you''re stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results