shape
carat
color
clarity

bought an inexpensive band to try out with my new ring

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks to tyty333's help, i ordered a band off of etsy based on the bands i was looking at for my new ER. (Hubby upgraded on our 15th anniversary) Pics are below, i really am digging the non-matchy look and i think i like the look of this band with my ring. Wearing it for a few days just to be sure. Do you think i need a spacer? The space is kind of annoying me and i don't want the WB rubbing against the basket on the ER.

really, i'm undecided on what to do. I have 10 small rounds from my original ER that i want to use for the band... but i am considering a band similar to this one and using those small rounds for a 10 diamond band and stacking them.. or just wearing it as a RHR. Still need to take a trip to the jewelers to really look at my options. Thank goodness i can come here and whine about this... no one i know is into the non-matchy look and just think it's plain weird. :wall:

withband3.jpg

_34769.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the non matchy look too!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am liking it too! Its not matchy matchy but they certainly look nice together. I also like the interest it adds.

You only need a spacer if diamonds from one ring are rubbing up against the other ring...or possibly if the milgrain from your
wedding band is going to get eaten by the metal from your engagement ring. Cant tell if that is an issue or not with these two
rings.

Are the 10 small stones you have to big (or to small) to use for this setting? It looks like it has 2 small diamonds in each
marquise space and then another maybe slightly larger one in the bezeled rounds?

David Klass would do an admirable job at making this setting. I would send the wedding band to whoever you have make it.

Edit - I also wanted to add that the height of the wedding band seems to be right for your engagement ring (this can be another
area of problem that you have lucked out!)

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I really like this look! Very pretty and visually interesting too! They look great together! :wavey:

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Niel, rockinruby & tyty333!

tyty333, i believe my diamonds are slightly larger than larger diamonds on this band. and i agree, the height on the band is just perfect. I do think the milgrain will rub on the ER though so would probably do a small spacer.

Still haven't made it to the jeweler yet! Work and kids keep getting in the way. :lol:

Q

Queenie60

Love your east/west set marquis diamond! Beautiful.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I love those two rings together because the "eye" part of the bead-n-eye band complements but does not match the east-west setting of your ERing! Lovely!!

I echo the need for a spacer (maybe of 1-1.2mm thickness?) if the two metals are going to rub on each other. If they don't wiggle around on your finger, so they'll stay in place, just keep the gap.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look good together. Enjoy! :wavey:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I have that band in rose gold and I love it I think it looks terrific with your ER..no spacer needed

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely combo!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results