shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought a Diamond ring at Skagway Jewelers in St. Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dean43

Rough_Rock
Hi, my wife and I just came back from an 8 day cruise which included a stop in St. Thomas. We bought a replacement engagement ring for her.

My question is this, we are on a tight budget and bought the ring from Skagway Jewelers, we knew the ring was not gia certified, we didn''t want to spend thousands of Dollars. We talked the saleswoman down supposedly about 85 percent? The sticker on the ring was $5,300, for a 14kt white gold ring, the total weight of the diamonds were .75c. I paid $1,100 for it, it looks really nice, the saleswoman didn''t want to go below $1,289.00 for it, but the Manager took my asking price. I know I should just be happy with the ring but I want to know if I got a good deal or not??

The appraisal slip the woman gave us appraised it at $1,900.00. But it wasn''t a thorough appraisal, the only thing on the appraisal is a small description of the ring and D-0.75ct.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dean43

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Dean,

I am going to ask admin to move this, this isn''t the right forum for it. Unfortunately most of those places are rip offs, so if you are concerned I would take the ring to be independently appraised to be sure you got what you paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results