shape
carat
color
clarity

Boston retailers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mindgame

Rough_Rock
All,

I have some questions regarding buying a diamond (for engagement ring) in Boston:

1) Is it possible to buy a diamond less sales tax if I goto NYC and have it 'shipped' to Boston? I believe sales tax would be a significant amount...

2) Anyone know of good places to go in Boston for a loose diamond (1-1.2 ct)?

I am just getting started so will likely have a bunch more questions...

Thanks!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi...

Just did a search on this board... Check these threads where other consumers shared their experience.

Yes you can save on tax if buying over the 'net and get your diamond shipped from another state.
[/u][/u][/u]

Cola

Rough_Rock
Mind,

You might be able to do what you want. I have not purchased a diamond in NYC but I have purchased other items while there and had them shipped to NJ w/o paying sales tax. It would also depend on each store and on how you're paying. You'd need to ask before hand.

You might want to call Jonathan at http://www.goodoldgold.com and find if they can do this or not. While they're not exactly in manhattan they're within driveable distance in long island. He should be able to offer close to internet prices for you w/o paying taxes.

mindgame

Rough_Rock
Thanks! The other possibility is to drive to NH where there is no sales tax! :)

Any suggestions on NH stores?

-mindgame

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results