shape
carat
color
clarity

Boston proposal help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

boston33

Rough_Rock
Hey Everyone!

I have a proposal all planned out for this coming October. The only thing I need to find is a restaurant in Boston (in the city) where I can take her too afterward to celebrate. We will be dressed up, (at least a tie for me, maybe a suit, and she will be wearing a nice cocktail dress) so we need a place where we wont look out of place. One other thing, we both aren''t really into French food, which seems to be all of the nice/elegant/dressy restaurants in Boston. Any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks for the help!

00dmn

Rough_Rock
Depends on how much you want to spend, but a few are:

The Federalist
The Capital Grille
75 Chestnut

Definitely wouldn''t look out of place at any of those...

tareyton

Rough_Rock
Mistral Amazing Food expensive
Olives As scene on The Apprentice very nice very good food

Salts amazing food

Reservations are needed for all these places probably at least 2 weeks in advance.

00dmn

Rough_Rock
Mistral is great, but it''s French, which he doesn''t want. Olives and Salts are good suggestions too, but neither are downtown Boston, which it sounded like he wanted.

tareyton

Rough_Rock
Mistral is French inspired. I would not say it is a purely French Restaurant although you are correct in that they advertise themselves as a French Restaurant. For the original Poster check out their Menu http://www.mistralbistro.com/menu.shtml You can''t go wrong and I am sure you both would like something on it. l''espalier is more purely French and is known as the most romantic restaurant in Boston.

For Italian try http://www.luccaboston.com/. Ask for a table downstairs when making a reservation. They have a Bar upstairs that gets crowded and it can be noisy. They also have their entire 1000 plus bottle wine list online so you can pre pick before you arrive.

There is one Italian place in the North End that has only one table on its second floor. Sounded very romantic an dthe place got awesome reviews. The name escapes me I always wanted to go but never made it before I left. Maybe some one else will know the name but I will keep looking.

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I''m born and raised in Boston and the most know upscale restaurant is the Top of the Hub in the Prudential. Many, many proposals happen up there. I''ve only been there twice and it''s very, very nice. You do have to make reservations though.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Meritage is very good and if you get there around sunset, the views are lovely too (it''s in the Boston Harbor Hotel).

We''ve enjoyed Mantra as well. Although the food there is French/Indian and probably more French than Indian. Mantra is in the theatre district.

Cascades

Rough_Rock
As I see it you have two choices" 1) the Top of the Hub or 2) The spinnaker which isn’t actually in Boston but is close enough. Haven’t been in a long time but it used to spin/rotate offering great views...

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Top Romantic Restaurants in Boston:
I'm just going to make a list, and include the french for others.

Casa Romero - Mexican - Comm Ave./Newbury/Back bay
Clio - Fusion New American - Back Bay/Newbury/Eliot Hotel - (The Eliot hotel is Amazing, you could take her to dinner and get a room.
2.gif

Craigie Street Bistrot - French - Harvard Sq.
Dali - Spanish food - Sommerville
Hungry I - French - Beacon Hill/Downtown -(romantic jewel!)
Julien - Nouveau French - in Le Meridan/Franklin St.
L'Espalier - French - Back bay/Comm & Newbury Area
Maison Robert - Classic French food - School St./Downtown - (Super elegant.)
Tangierino - Morrocan/North African - Charlestown
Trattoria de Scalintella Italian - North End/Hanover St. - Best area to go if you want Italian.
Lala Rokh - Homestyle Persian - Downtown/Beacon hill
Truc - French - Tremont St/South End

Others:
Daedalus
Euno

Top in Beacon Hill which is close to downtown:
No. 9 Park - Italian - Beacon Hill/Park st. - Looks Super Romantic
Federalist - Renowned for Service!!!! Opulent and lovely, considered one of the best restaurants in Boston.
Torch - Beacon Hill - Fusion Asian/French
Lala Rokh - See Above
Hungry i - See Above

Downtown/Fincial District:
Radius - Modern French - High St. - Awesome desserts!

The Parker House
- in the Omni Parker hotel - is an option - it's romantic beautiful ambiance - food is nothing spectacular, but they did invent the boston cream pie
3.gif

Finale - Famous for spectacular desserts - in the park plaza hotel/1 Columbus Ave. (I think)

Who knew we had so much french food in Downtown Boston?
What kind of food do you like Boston33? What does she like?
Are you foodies?
Help me help you!
1.gif
(j/k)

Scintillating...

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
I second 75 Chestnut as an option.....it is a secret hideaway that once you find it you never look back. Cosy and romantic in the dining area yet you can kick back afterwards in the local (small) bar. Love the food there.

Personally, it''s not my taste to got to the Top of the Hub for romance, mainly because it feels too contrived and also a little more touristy than other restaurants. But that''s just my take on it.

If you are prepared to travel slightly outside Boston then Dali, which was mentioned, is another very romantic restaurant (Tapas). The only downside there is they never take reservations but I am sure if you explain your situ they will work something out....if not you could wait 2 hours! Not much elese nearby though.

My fave is No 9 Park.....you definately won''t look out of place in cocktail attire. I love the food, the atmosphere (again small and intimate) and the lighting is forgiving
41.gif
Ok so its part French but it''s also part Italian on the menu and any restaurant Barbara Lynch has opened is fab! Food is fantastic and you are right next to Boston Common steps from the State House which is beautifully lit at night. Afterwards I would either continue the elegance and go to The Federalist for a glass of champagne or I would quite happily take myself around the corner to the 21st Amendment, glad rags and all, and have a pint to celebrate! And I''m a girl!
17.gif

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
Oh...and Good Luck wherever you choose.....and be sure to tell us all about it!
36.gif

boston33

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for all your thoughts and advice! You all were a great help. T minus 12 days for me! Thanks again!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
So what did you decide?

Scintillating...

boston33

Rough_Rock
honestly, im going to go over all the comments one more time, and then make a decision....down to the wire! I''ll let you all know what I decide, and how it all went. Thanks again everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results