shape
carat
color
clarity

Borkholder Furniture?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
We are in the process of buying a new bed with our tax return and have decided to go with an Amish-made frame (or one of equivalent quality). We really like one that is made by Borkholder in Indiana but haven't been able to find any reviews of their furniture. We saw a different model that they make in person, but not the specific one that we like (I'm attaching a picture below).

Do any of you have Borkholder pieces? How is the quality? Do you like them?

Thanks in advance.

ETA: Sorry that the picture is so big!!!

2131.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! I don''t know anything about Borkholder, but I found this similar bed from Pompanoosuc. And they are currently having a 25% off sale--off everything!
There woodwork is so lovely. The must beautiful choice woods and fine finished details.

723803.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
That does look lovely. Unfortunately, it doesn''t come in the size we''re looking at (California King...K is 6''7", so he wants the longest bed he can get.)

Thanks, though!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
For what it''s worth, they are extremely flexible with doing custom sizes or changes at a very low premium. Most of their work is built to order anyway, so they don''t seem to mind lengthening or changing this and that. For example, if we had wanted the legs to be 2" on our table vs. 1 1/2" it was an additional $150. All things considered, not a huge mark up.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't own Borkholder but I did consider it once. A nice, high-end, family-owned store in my area used to carry it and I was choosing between Borkholder and Stickley for my dining room set. I remember that the Borkholder was beautifully made and the chairs were sculpted just right to be sooooo comfortable, but I ended up getting the Stickley set. This store, which has since closed (owners retired) was the only authorized Stickley dealer in the area, which gives you a sense of the quality of the lines they carried.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
me! me! me!! We have several pieces of Borkholder and LOVE it. My husband is really picky about furniture, and Borkholder was one of the few that was up to his standards. We've had our dresser about 5 years now and it looks, and works, as great as the day we got it. Our other pieces are a little newer and also holding up beautifully. We could not be more thrilled. They are expensive, but I fully expect the furniture to last a lifetime or several lifetimes! If you go with the natural cherry (which is what we have, and I think is in your photo) keep in mind, it looks nice to begin with but looks even nicer over time as it gets a shade darker and warmer in color.

ETA I love that it is handmade in the US, and they take so much pride in their work - each piece is warrantied for life (I believe) and is initialed in an inconspicuous place by the people who built it.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, TanDogMom! We''re looking at getting it in the cherry/toffee stain. I am so excited to have a new bed--we went and looked at mattresses the other day. :)

We have found the bed at an online retailer for about $700 less than our local dealer carried it for, and apparently they actually are an authorized dealer, so we may be going with them. I''ll let you all know when it arrives.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results