shape
carat
color
clarity

Bond no.9

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Girls, does anyone havean opinion on this brand of perfume.

Its pretty much unavailable in Australia but it can be bought through the internet.

Ive smelt some samples and thought they were really captivating. However could be just a case of the grass is greener type thing.

I thought that Lexington Ave was yummy....especially the creme brulee part....
3.gif
....but it was more like an amusement because the scent kept changing everytime I smelled it on my wrist. So I was just busy all day sniffing away!!!!!
Anyway, do any of you guys wear any of the Bonds....and which is your favourite/s?

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 1:11:32 AM
Author:Sharon101
Hi Girls, does anyone havean opinion on this brand of perfume.

Its pretty much unavailable in Australia but it can be bought through the internet.

Ive smelt some samples and thought they were really captivating. However could be just a case of the grass is greener type thing.

I thought that Lexington Ave was yummy....especially the creme brulee part....
3.gif
....but it was more like an amusement because the scent kept changing everytime I smelled it on my wrist. So I was just busy all day sniffing away!!!!!

Anyway, do any of you guys wear any of the Bonds....and which is your favourite/s?

Overall, I like the brand. If you ever visit New York, I highly recommend visiting their perfumery on 9 Bond Street (so fun). I''ve never smelled Lexington Ave - sounds wonderful though. I like wearing a scent for the first time - to see what notes will develop over the hours. My faves are Union Square (my hubby can wear that one too), Chelsea Flowers, Chinatown and Park Avenue (though this one seems to fade quickly on me). My hubby smells great in Wall Street and Saks Fifth Ave for Him. Oh, I also like Coney Island (very different).

Scents I don''t like are Silver Factory, and Nuits de Noho - those two made me sick. Also, Scent of Peace is very popular - but smells terrible on me. One of the Bond SAs said she mixes Scent of Peace with Union Square - I might try that.

You might try calling the NY store to see if they will ship to Australia.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear New York Fling, and I love it. I buy it off of Ebay because it''s SO expensive at Saks! I just scored a bottle for $75!

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks girls.

What is New York Fling, havent heard of that one????

Also, Lexington Ave is an Andy Walhol sent. Apparently he lived or worked in Lexington Ave.?

It has alsorts of notes and apparently is similar to China Town but with creme brulee!!!!
30.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure how to describe it. It''s really fresh and clean with an interesting undertone.

From the Saks website:

From the city that knows how to scintillate and celebrate, there''s New York Fling, a vivacious fragrance for the spirited, high-energy woman who''s life is like a kick of champagne. It''s fresh clementine and bergamot spiced with cardamon, then mixed with peony, lily of the valley, freesia and a hint of basil, cedarwood, amber and musk.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
my absolute favorite perfume is chelsea flowers. LOVE it.
is it possible for you to get samples? even if you have to pay for them, at least you aren''t getting a whole bottle of something you''re not sure you''ll like.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with JCrow. I ordered a bunch of samples from Beautycafe.com to try them out. I believe you really have to wear a fragrance for a while before buying it. Just sniffing the bottle or spritzing your wrist once isn''t going to give you a good idea of the scent and how it reacts with you. Beauty Cafe will let you order 5 for $5.95, and they last a while.

I love the smell of Chelsea Flowers in the bottle, but it does NOT mix well with my chemistry. I smell like an old lady when I wear it.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it. I buy it at a boutique near me called Kitson, and it''s $130 there
7.gif
which is why I haven''t replaced my empty bottle since the middle of last year!

I''ve been watching eBay for a good deal. My B9 of choice is Scent of Peace
1.gif

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I wear Lexington Avenue and I love it!! I also wear Westside in the evening (sort of a tabacco-rose scent).

The Bond site used to sell what they call "Bon Bons" of scents, which are large $40 purse-sized versions. That''s a great option if you''re not sure about a particular scent. I think they''ve discontinued the Bon Bons, but there are still a few scents that are available, I believe (last time I checked).

The staying power is great which helps justify the price.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANK GOODNESS! I thought you were going to tell me Daniel Craig was being replaced
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loooooove scent of peace. But I agree, get samples first before you blow $100 on a scent you might not like!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to chime in. I rarely wear but have the small samples of and love Chelsea flowers and Scent of Peace. Chelsea flowers is a fresh "green" floral what I like about it it is a floral, but doesn''t smell real perfumey. Chelsea is the only perfume I''ve ever worn that whenever I wear it my husband goes "you smell good". Typically his reaction if I wear perfume is a negative "are you wearing perfume?" (he doesn''t like perfume).
Scent of peace is a calming fresh elevating type scent, guess the closest I''d say is smells clean.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I love Fire Island and Scent of Peace. Fire Island smells musky and beachy to me.

I bought samples of the bonbons on ebay and have about nine different ones, but those are the two I like best of them.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the Chelsea Flowers and really like it. I got mine off Ebay for a steal.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got my new bottle of New York Fling today and it''s so much bigger than I thought it would be. It''s going to last me a LONG time, so the money was totally worth it in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results